Revelation 3:14 - the New Creation of God

Our Lord's God

To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the creation of God, says this....
Revelation 3:14 NASB

With JWs in mind, the NIV pulled this stunt:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation... NIV

These are the things conspiring hearts will do for the sake of their apologetic lies. Because they themselves do not know the truth, they make up lies instead just for the sake of refuting Watchtower claims. It's pathetic. If they actually knew the truth, they would also know that their stupid translation is not necessary to refute the JWs.

Jesus is where the new creation of God began, he being the firstborn out of the dead.

He is the Head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might be first in all things.
Colossians 1:18

To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the creation of God, says this....

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” 5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are Faithful and True.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that in Christ God was reconciling the world to Himself,

We can be new creations IN Christ because the risen Christ is a new creation. He is where the new creation of God begins.

He is the Head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might be first in all things.

He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’ 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God, says this:

Are you actually listening to Jesus and serving him or are you listening to your creedal idols and serving them?

Last edited:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation... NIV

These are the things conspiring hearts will do for the sake of their apologetic lies. Because they themselves do not know the truth, they make up lies instead just for the sake of refuting Watchtower claims. It's pathetic. If they actually knew the truth, they would also know that their stupid translation is not necessary to refute the JWs.

Jesus is where the new creation of God began, he being the firstborn out of the dead.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” 5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are Faithful and True.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that in Christ God was reconciling the world to Himself,

We can be new creations IN Christ because the risen Christ is a new creation. He is where the new creation of God begins.

He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’ 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God, says this:

Are you actually listening to Jesus and serving him or are you listening to your creedal idols and serving them?
Beginning of the creation of God: The idea behind the word for beginning[the ancient Greek word arche] is that of a “ruler, source, or origin,” not of first in a sequential order. This verse does notteach that Jesus was the first being created, but that He is the ruler, source,and origin of all creation. It has the idea of first in prominence more than first in sequence. Guzik

Do you believe Jesus was the first created being...

Beginning of the creation of God: The idea behind the word for beginning[the ancient Greek word arche] is that of a “ruler, source, or origin,” not of first in a sequential order.

You don't know what you are talking about so pretending isn't going to help. Modern people think of a beginning as a left to right horizontal thing in time. The ancients thought of it as a top down kind of thing. People with high positions are at the top and they are often the originators of this or that.

This verse does notteach that Jesus was the first being created, but that He is the ruler, source,and origin of all creation. It has the idea of first in prominence more than first in sequence. Guzik

Bunk. Just more man-made lies made by lying apologists to refute JWs.

The verse teaches that Jesus is WHERE creation begins, the NEW creation of God. As Paul said, he IS the beginning.

You don't know what you are talking about so pretending isn't going to help. Modern people think of a beginning as a left to right horizontal thing in time. The ancients thought of it as a top down kind of thing. People with high positions are at the top and they are often the originators of this or that.

The verse teaches that Jesus is WHERE creation begins, the NEW creation of God. As Paul said, he IS the beginning.

Only God is "where creation begins".

Romans 11:34-36
34“For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” 35“Or who has first given to him, and it will be repaid to him again?” 36For of him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory for ever! Amen.

Rev 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

Acts 17:28
For in him we live and move and have our being.

Neh 9:6
You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

See post #6 and then tell us it is wrong.

The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Back