Was the “Son of Man” ever in heaven before his resurrection?

You should have loved it. You suggested the manger was inside of the house. Do you still believe that?
Joseph had his baby born outside in a manger instead of a house? Doesn't make sense. That's why I laughed because rather than go with what the Bible says you're now making up funny stories about the manger being inside the house. lol

Matthew 2
11On coming to the house, they saw the Child with His mother Mary, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh.

Joseph had his baby born outside in a manger instead of a house? Doesn't make sense. That's why I laughed because rather than go with what the Bible says you're now making up funny stories about the manger being inside the house. lol

Matthew 2
11On coming to the house, they saw the Child with His mother Mary, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh.
Do tell us why the bible says there was no room in the "house"....and Jesus was placed in a manger? You do know a manger is an animal feeding trough?
Tell me why the manger was in the house?

The wisemen saw the star in the east...then set out after it. It took them some time to get to Bethlehem...so say up to a year, some slightly shorter.
By the time they arrived Joseph and Mary found a house to stay in and it was this house...not the stable where Jesus was born...that the wisemen came to.

So, once again...Tell me why the manger was in the house?

Do tell us why the bible says there was no room in the "house"....and Jesus was placed in a manger? You do know a manger is an animal feeding trough?
Tell me why the manger was in the house?

The wisemen saw the star in the east...then set out after it. It took them some time to get to Bethlehem...so say up to a year, some slightly shorter.
By the time they arrived Joseph and Mary found a house to stay in and it was this house...not the stable where Jesus was born...that the wisemen came to.

So, once again...Tell me why the manger was in the house?
Not that this is really worth splitting hairs over, but according to Luke 2:6-7 the baby Jesus was brought to the manger and laid there. Obviously meaning he wasn’t born in that spot. No room in the house, likely born in the house then afterward they needed to leave. The manger isn’t inside the house, it would have been a separate structure for sure.

Not that this is really worth splitting hairs over, but according to Luke 2:6-7 the baby Jesus was brought to the manger and laid there. Obviously meaning he wasn’t born in that spot. No room in the house, likely born in the house then afterward they needed to leave. The manger isn’t inside the house, it would have been a separate structure for sure.
Wow, a lot of between the lines info. They've been getting it wrong for 2,000 years and you came along and straightned it all out.
CARM s very lucky to have people lke you to straighten out this misconception.

Wow, a lot of between the lines info. They've been getting it wrong for 2,000 years and you came along and straightned it all out.
CARM s very lucky to have people lke you to straighten out this misconception.
Wasn’t just me. This has been known a long time. You can read about it.

A flesh and blood man didn't literally descend from the sky. We already know he was born in a house or perhaps a manger in Bethlehem.

The bit about the Son of Man being the one who descended from heaven must be interpreted as God's predestination and foreknowledge manifesting.
The Son of God descended from heaven, came down from heaven, just as He said He did.

I would say Jesus is called the Son of Man preincarnate due to His mission to be the Son of Man.

What about you @jamesh

Based on your understanding of what “Son of _____” means…

Was the “Son of Man” ever in heaven before his resurrection?

John 3:13 KJV… And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Matthew 2
As I have informed you in a previous post Matt 2:11 happened about a year after the birth of Jesus.....after Mary and Joseph had left the cave/stable where the manger was......and moved....and moved.....and moved...and moved....to a house at another location away from the cave/stable where Jesus was born then placed in a feeding trough.

As I have informed you in a previous post Matt 2:11 happened about a year after the birth of Jesus.....after Mary and Joseph had left the cave/stable where the manger was......and moved....and moved.....and moved...and moved....to a house at another location away from the cave/stable where Jesus was born then placed in a feeding trough.

So was the star over the cave/stable or over the fourth/fifth house he was moved to?

Matthew 2:9… When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.

So was the star over the cave/stable or over the fourth/fifth house he was moved to?

Matthew 2:9… When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
Yes, the "star" moved.

Im informing you also. He was born in a house and later moved to a stable. There are many articles on this and yes the opinion is divided but I agree with what Matthew 2 says.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/birth/was-jesus-born-in-a-house/

Matt 2
2asking, “Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”
9After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stood over the place where the Child was.

Im informing you also. He was born in a house and later moved to a stable. There are many articles on this and yes the opinion is divided but I agree with what Matthew 2 says.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/birth/was-jesus-born-in-a-house/

Matt 2
2asking, “Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”
9After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stood over the place where the Child was.
The Kings did not arrive on the night Jesus was born...they arrived some time after. If you knew where they were at in the east then calculated how far they could travel in a day you could come up with a date of when they arrived in Bethlehem.
During the time of their travel Joseph and Mary would have moved the baby and themselves from the stable to a house after the people went home from the census and lodging became available. When the kings showed up the star moved and stood over the house where Jesus currently was.

This is the last I will post on this topic.

Not in the Greek text.

But you know this and keep dishonestly stating otherwise. Why do keep resorting to dishonesty?

Not only so, the Psalmist is the speaker. The Psalm tells us so. But you just keep right on dishonestly stating otherwise. What is wrong with you?
From Hebrews 1:4-11 The speaker is The Father.

Back