wof and 2 Timothy 2:21

Tallen

“If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.” (2 Timothy 2:21, KJV)

“If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.” (2 Timothy 2:21, KJV)
This is an interesting passage. On one hand, we are told not to quarrel about words. On the other hand, we are told to rightly divide the word of truth. I wonder what Paul meant by quarreling about words.

BA won't mind arguing about it. ???
Except I don't argue. I've cleaned myself of such behavior. I rid myself of my youthful passions. I look for love and peace, especially in the company of others. I reject foolish and ignorant controversies, so I wiped the dust of eve from my feet. So I remain kind and patient, teaching and correcting my opponents with gentleness, praying that God will grant them repentance and knowledge of the truth. In that, they'll come to their senses and escape the devil's trap of running in anger, sometimes thanking me for my thoughts and sometimes not.

Just like this. Kindness, gentleness, compassion for those who are confused and don't know the truth. :):sneaky::love:

Except I don't argue. I've cleaned myself of such behavior. I rid myself of my youthful passions. I look for love and peace, especially in the company of others. I reject foolish and ignorant controversies, so I wiped the dust of eve from my feet. So I remain kind and patient, teaching and correcting my opponents with gentleness, praying that God will grant them repentance and knowledge of the truth. In that, they'll come to their senses and escape the devil's trap of running in anger, sometimes thanking me for my thoughts and sometimes not.

Just like this. Kindness, gentleness, compassion for those who are confused and don't know the truth. :):sneaky::love:
...and quite a bit of pride mixed in. ???

...and quite a bit of pride mixed in. ???
I'll continue to be patient, kind and gentle. I'll correct you on this topic as well, in time, but first you must remove the log from your own eye to see the manner that you attempt to slander me. I have a smile, and I have all the patience in the world for you to understand and come to the truth. But for now, we understand that Jesus is Lord. For now, this hold us together as friends. :);)(y)

I'll continue to be patient, kind and gentle. I'll correct you on this topic as well, in time, but first you must remove the log from your own eye to see the manner that you attempt to slander me. I have a smile, and I have all the patience in the world for you to understand and come to the truth. But for now, we understand that Jesus is Lord. For now, this hold us together as friends. :);)(y)
And remember 2 Timothy 2:21 before it is too far away in the distance.

Back