Roman Catholics, Do You Remember . . . ?

My earliest experience of family. Hence I believe that Pope Francis encyclical Amoris laetitia (The Joy of Love), is such an important champion of the grace God within families.

My earliest experience of family. Hence I believe that Pope Francis encyclical Amoris laetitia (The Joy of Love), is such an important champion of the grace God within families.
Amoris Laetitia, (The Joy of Adultery) is a blasphemous document in which Bergoglio basically downgrades adultery from being a mortal sin to being merely an imperfect participation in the “ideal” of Holy Matrimony, one that is sometimes “what God himself is asking amid the concrete complexity of one’s limits, while yet not fully the objective ideal.”

Amoris Laetitia does to the sacrament of marriage what the new "subsists in" ecclesiology does to the essence of the Catholic Church. Marriage being between one man and one woman for life is no longer an absolute, but an "ideal" to be strived for, and sometimes God wants you to commit adultery because that is the best you can do, and you are no longer required to hold to the ideal.

It's evil.

Amoris Laetitia, (The Joy of Adultery) is a blasphemous document in which Bergoglio basically downgrades adultery from being a mortal sin to being merely an imperfect participation in the “ideal” of Holy Matrimony, one that is sometimes “what God himself is asking amid the concrete complexity of one’s limits, while yet not fully the objective ideal.”

Amoris Laetitia does to the sacrament of marriage what the new "subsists in" ecclesiology does to the essence of the Catholic Church. Marriage being between one man and one woman for life is no longer an absolute, but an "ideal" to be strived for, and sometimes God wants you to commit adultery because that is the best you can do, and you are no longer required to hold to the ideal.

It's evil.
AL is a magisterial document addressing current issues with pastoral wisdom. It changes nothing regarding doctrine of holy marriage held by the Apostolic Church.

Do you remember what it was that first drew you to Jesus Christ?
I didn't grow up with any religion but I knew in my heart there was something calling me. I once saw a picture of Jesus knocking on a door. I didn't know who he was but looking at that picture I instantly thought, this is YOU. This is what my heart is longing for. I came across a bible and read the Lord is my shepherd.....my heart lept. Later I came across catholicism and knew 100 percent it was the truth. I had met many along the way and God led me to him. Now I add knowledge to my faith and am thankful every day for my catholic faith.

Last edited:
AL is a magisterial document addressing current issues with pastoral wisdom. It changes nothing regarding doctrine of holy marriage held by the Apostolic Church.
The doctrine of the sacrament of marriage does not change because of "current issues", that being the unwillingness of people to adhere to the 6th and 9th Commandment.

The integrity of the sacrament of marriage has been being eroded for decades. After Vatican II, the Novus Ordo sect began handing out divorces....I mean "annulments" like M&M's to the tune of over 50,000 per year just in the US.

The problem for Bergoglio is that fewer and fewer people are going through the Church to get their divorce....I mean "annulment." They just get divorced and remarried outside of the Church. In order to try to mitigate the hemorrhaging of Catholics leaving the Novus Ordo sect, Bergoglio came up with a novel idea of marriage so that Catholics could get their civil divorce and remarry and still be able to receive the sacraments.

All he had to do was to relativize marriage to where it was an "ideal" to be strived for and not an absolute fixed dogma. So sometimes living in an adulterous relationship is "for now is the most generous response which can be given to God and come to see with a certain moral security that it is what God himself is asking amid the concrete complexity of one’s limits, while yet not fully the objective ideal."

So now, God is actually asking for people live in adultery, because it is the best they can do to live up to the "ideal" of marriage.

as it was in the Days of Noah
as it was in the Days of Sodom
so shall it be

Mysterium Fidei said:
The doctrine of the sacrament of marriage does not change because of "current issues", that being the unwillingness of people to adhere to the 6th and 9th Commandment.

The integrity of the sacrament of marriage has been being eroded for decades. After Vatican II, the Novus Ordo sect began handing out divorces....I mean "annulments" like M&M's to the tune of over 50,000 per year just in the US.

The problem for Bergoglio is that fewer and fewer people are going through the Church to get their divorce....I mean "annulment." They just get divorced and remarried outside of the Church. In order to try to mitigate the hemorrhaging of Catholics leaving the Novus Ordo sect, Bergoglio came up with a novel idea of marriage so that Catholics could get their civil divorce and remarry and still be able to receive the sacraments.

All he had to do was to relativize marriage to where it was an "ideal" to be strived for and not an absolute fixed dogma. So sometimes living in an adulterous relationship is "for now is the most generous response which can be given to God and come to see with a certain moral security that it is what God himself is asking amid the concrete complexity of one’s limits, while yet not fully the objective ideal."

So now, God is actually asking for people live in adultery, because it is the best they can do to live up to the "ideal" of marriage.
-----------------------------end quote

I was raised Catholic and Protestant becasue my family is a mix. Mass on Saturday, then Sunday School and Church service on Sunday.

As a child I never really questioned anything seriously. I took Faith for granted. It was just what we did. It never occured to me that there were people who did not do this. It never occured to me not to go to Church or Mass or to ask my parents if I could stay home. It was just a part of life.

So I have always been Christian. The question is not "What drew me to Christ" then, but "What caused me to stop taking the Faith for granted and come to a deeper knowledge of Christ and a deeper relationship with Him?"

The answer is practice, practice, practice, prayer, prayer, prayer, study, study, study. It was being raised Protestant that helped give me a deeper appreciation for Catholicism--ironically. While I am not a "convert" since I have always been Catholic, many converts from Protestantism tend to have a deeper appreciation for Catholicism becasue Protestantism helped paved the way for that. Protestantism was a preparation for it. I find this in my life. If not for my Protestant upbringing I would not have the appreciation for Catholicism that I currently do.

You practiced, prayed, and studied which religion to follow?
I practiced both at one point and learned both at one point. It is just that the more I studied, the less and less Protestantism made sense. Interestingly enough, at that time in my life I preferred Protestantism! I enjoyed the services and the singing much more than I enjoyed Mass. Even in preferring Protestantism----it still didn't add up in my mind. There was always something that didn't seem right to me, didn't add up, seemed off. I couldn't articulate it, it was just something I felt.

It wasn't until I went to college that I was better able to articulate why Protestantism didn't add up.

To this day--my tastes are Protestant, but my Faith is Catholic.

I practiced both at one point and learned both at one point. It is just that the more I studied, the less and less Protestantism made sense. Interestingly enough, at that time in my life I preferred Protestantism! I enjoyed the services and the singing much more than I enjoyed Mass. Even in preferring Protestantism----it still didn't add up in my mind. There was always something that didn't seem right to me, didn't add up, seemed off. I couldn't articulate it, it was just something I felt.

It wasn't until I went to college that I was better able to articulate why Protestantism didn't add up.

To this day--my tastes are Protestant, but my Faith is Catholic.
That is an interesting testimony. It explains something to me. My three siblings all married nonCC's who over the course of the last 35 years have subsequently converted to Catholicism. Our family dynamic is just wonderful when we are together filled with generosity, kindness, care. I often speculated that when these people came into our family, we took special care to exorcise any kind of subconscious negativity we might have had towards nonCC's. Perhaps they did the same regarding Catholics? This is why I have such faith in the ecumenism envisaged by the Council.

and Stella says
That is an interesting testimony. It explains something to me. My three siblings all married nonCC's who over the course of the last 35 years have subsequently converted to Catholicism. Our family dynamic is just wonderful when we are together filled with generosity, kindness, care. I often speculated that when these people came into our family, we took special care to exorcise any kind of subconscious negativity we might have had towards nonCC's. Perhaps they did the same regarding Catholics? This is why I have such faith in the ecumenism envisaged by the Council.
------------------ end Stella quote

Amos 5:18
Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord!
to what end is it for you?
the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light

as Stella says
the ecumenism envisaged by the Council.
Isaiah 5:8]​
Woe unto them that join house to house,​
that lay field to field, till there be no place,​
that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!​
9 In mine ears said the Lord of hosts,​
Of a truth many houses shall be desolate,​
even great and fair, without inhabitant.​

----The Lion, the Bear and the Serpent-----

As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him;
or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall,
and a serpent bit him.​
Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness,
and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
"and Oh how great is that darkness"​
Isaiah Ch 5 is full of the Woes John refers to in Revelation​
But, Stella;​
this "the ecumenism envisaged by the Council." won't happen until​
Rev. ch 16​
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles,​
which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world,​
to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.​
16 And he gathered them together into a place​
called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.​
And part of these "Woes" are found in of John's Revelation​
------------------ Posters -------------​
as Solomon says​
those that go down unto her, and Join Hand to Hand​
house to house, that lay field to field,​
return not, ever again;​
unto the Land of the living​
their fate seal for eternity​

Last edited:
------------------ Posters -------------
as Solomon says​
those that go down unto her, and Join Hand to Hand​
house to house, that lay field to field,​
return not, ever again;​
unto the Land of the living​
their fate seal for eternity​
Posters....

Rev 12 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
Behold, I will cast her into a bed,
and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation,
except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he
which searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira,
as many as have not this doctrine,
and which have not known the depths of Satan,
as they speak;
I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end,
to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end,​
to him will I give power over the nations:​

shall rule them with a rod of iron;

Matt.13:41​
The Son of man shall send forth his angels,
and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend,
and them which do iniquity;​
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:
there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.​
43 Then shall the righteous
shine forth as the sun
in the kingdom of their Father.​
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.​
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven;
a woman clothed with the sun,
and the moon under her feet,
and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried,
travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

And she brought forth a man child,
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end,​
to him will I give power over the nations:​

who (those that overcome) was to rule all nations with a rod of iron:
and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
===================================================

And I will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he
which searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Isaiah 5:8]
Woe unto them that join house to house,
that lay field to field, till there be no place,
that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

Last edited:
Matt.24:15​
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation,
spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place,​
(whoso readeth, let him understand)​
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:​

And the woman fled into the wilderness,
where she hath a place prepared of God,
that they should feed her there
a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Last edited:
I remember as a child being drawn to Jesus but the RCC made it feel impossible to know Him and there were things that I was taught that an ALL loving God would never do. Years of wandering around with something missing in my life, left me with an empty feeling that was unfilled. For some unknown reason my mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I answered a bible. Oh I went away shaking my head and wondering what possessed me. The Christmas came and I looked at the presents that my siblings were receiving and I was wondering why I asked for a bible. My mother saw me and said but you asked and she was right.

That bible collected dust for awhile and then I just started it reading from the beginning til the end. I saw the RC teachings were not in it. I also wanted Jesus in my life. I went outside and said I will give you a mustard seed, I will agree you might exist. I never had an explosion of change in me, but that mustard seed grew, I started talking to Jesus. I saw clearly why He died on the cross and I repented and He became Lord of my life. I was not going to a church, the journey was just Jesus and myself.

Later on this was confirmed when my husband who brushed me off everytime I spoke about Jesus decided to come to a church with me and keep me from joining a sect. This man was crying and saying did you speak to the preacher, I had never met the man. My husband did a radical change that day, he said he felt he was hit by a speeding truck. He became a believer and has never looked back. He only wants to please the Lord.

Jesus is the focus not Mary or the saints or the pope. Jesus loves us just as we are, He changes us and does what we cannot do. I saw more and more as my faith grew how off the RCC was and is.

I want to be like Paul a bondservant of Jesus, a true disciple.

Jesus can reach you without another person speaking to you, without going to a church. All you need is to be lead to Jesus, He does the rest.

Balshan, a wonderful testimony. Knowing Jesus more intimately, certainly surpasses all understanding, than just only recognizing that He lived and died on the cross.
You are so right. Knowing Jesus love and how He cares for us is so important.

I no longer need to live in fear.

2 Tim 1:7

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

As an RC I was constantly afraid of death.

Back