Rest For Your Souls

Do you expose the sins of your church?
Yes, if there were any. Over 35 years ago, a vicar in my parents' church was molesting children in his catechism class. He was exposed and was arrested. I also remember reading in my church synod's newsletter, over 21 years ago, about how a pastor of a church in Illinois was convicted of child molestation and went to jail. My church's leadership defrocked him.

Too bad your church leadership did not do more of the same. It would have saved more children from being hurt.

Last edited:
"Trucking company"? How is the RCC like one of those?

It gripes me how people who do not live in Australia think they know more about what is going on there, than someone like you who actually lives there...
He was defending the church and saying it should not be held accountable for what its priests do. It was no different to a trucking company whose driver picked up a hitchhiker and then raped them. I felt that was desperation showing. If the RCC is really Jesus' church how can they excuse the evil by comparing themselves to a secular institution. And they wonder why I know Jesus did not establish their institution.

The guardian had an article Pell isopting for the MORAL low road.

I find it annoying as well. It would be interesting if whole American and every other institution was put through a Commission, to see how it comes out. I know you do not have royal commissions.

Did Pell admit in court he knew about cover ups? Just want to be clear on this.
Yes he knew. He had excuses for not doing anything. The article I posted had links to the report. He said he was not sure Risdale should be allowed to go on a school camp, he knew that Risdale was the gossip at the local pub and then made out he wasn't sure. Then there are so many more priests he knew about in his career one from Dandenong was gross. You can read about Searson at Kelsolawyers - Peter Searson. This man killed animals in front of children, the rest should be read but I do not feel suitable for here.

He was defending the church and saying it should not be held accountable for what its priests do. It was no different to a trucking company whose driver picked up a hitchhiker and then raped them. I felt that was desperation showing. If the RCC is really Jesus' church how can they excuse the evil by comparing themselves to a secular institution. And they wonder why I know Jesus did not establish their institution.

The guardian had an article Pell isopting for the MORAL low road.

I find it annoying as well. It would be interesting if whole American and every other institution was put through a Commission, to see how it comes out. I know you do not have royal commissions.
Thanks. We don't have royal commissions, but we do have federal commissions. I forget the exact name.

Thanks. We don't have royal commissions, but we do have federal commissions. I forget the exact name.
It would be interesting to see what that would review. Ours looked into every single institution both religious and secular and the RCC was the worse. They can make out it is everyone else who is at fault, that the commissioners were bias but that is just more of the RCC cover ups and trying to mininize what the RCC did and allowed to happen.

Why would Scripture tell us to not just recognise but also imitate other believers who model Christs peace if it wasn't acceptable?
Have you not been reading what I wrote? Show me where I wrote that we should not honor some believers like Paul and imitate them...but where does the Bible tell us part of honoring departed saints is praying to them as one would to God? For help, succor, and even salvation?

Have you not been reading what I wrote? Show me where I wrote that we should not honor some believers like Paul and imitate them...but where does the Bible tell us part of honoring departed saints is praying to them as one would to God? For help, succor, and even salvation?
I said something today that I thought ah ha, I must make this point on CARM today. My daughter and 4 nieces are all happily in loving relationships however my 2 sons and 2 marriageable nephews are longing to find good partners. I said to my son this morning "I'm starting a Novena on Saturday morning". He asked what was it for this time. Without even thinking I said "that God sends you 4 boys someone special this year." That's what nonCC's don't understand is that we Catholics are fully aware that it is God who our salvation but we believe in the power of the intercession of the righteous. I know that nonCC's don't believe that the dead are alive in Spirit, but we do and that their intercession is perfectly biblical.

You are wrong on both counts.
I know that nonCC's don't believe that the dead are alive in Spirit,
Unlike rcc's, we know that those in Heaven are physically dead and treat them as such. we also realize that they are alive in the Spirit w/ Jesus.
but we do and that their intercession is perfectly biblical.
Not one rc has ever proven by Biblical standards that communicating with those who are physically dead is correct. Perhaps you should look up necromancy in the Scriptures.

Deuteronomy 18:
10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.

12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you.

I said something today that I thought ah ha, I must make this point on CARM today. My daughter and 4 nieces are all happily in loving relationships however my 2 sons and 2 marriageable nephews are longing to find good partners. I said to my son this morning "I'm starting a Novena on Saturday morning". He asked what was it for this time. Without even thinking I said "that God sends you 4 boys someone special this year." That's what nonCC's don't understand is that we Catholics are fully aware that it is God who our salvation but we believe in the power of the intercession of the righteous. I know that nonCC's don't believe that the dead are alive in Spirit, but we do and that their intercession is perfectly biblical.
If you understand that God is our salvation, then why does your CCC say Mary is the "cause" of our salvation? When it is God in Christ Jesus?

Whom will you pray to, in your "novenas"? Mary? St. Agnes? St. Sebastion? Or will you pray the "Our Lady of Good Success" novena?

I have seen a number of Marian prayers that are outright blasphemy. They are not intercessory prayers at all, but prayers TO Mary for help and even salvation!

We non-RCCers believe in the power of intercession, too--by saints on earth praying for us to our dear heavenly Father in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. There is no higher Person to go to. We cut out the "middle saint", and go straight to God, as Jesus had told us to, in the prayer He taught His disciples. He also has said, in John 14:14, "Whatever you ask ME in MY Name, that I will do." That is prayer, pure and simple. The Apostles prayed to their Lord and Savior, and nowhere did they preface their prayers to some departed saint, Old Testament or New Testament, to take their prayers to Jesus.

I

I thought of that, too. But nowhere did Paul say to pray to him after he dies!

I wonder if any Catholics do pray to Paul....
We certainly do. He is our intercessor regarding the virtue of patience. As I said before, where nonCC's close the door at the death of people, Catholics don't. Our communion never ends with the death of the temporal body.

I have noticed that RCs love to turn to perserving and suffering as if it is hard for us to overcome life. But life happens to all humans and it is hard for all humans. But with Jesus we have help to perserve and a comforter which others do not have. We are blessed because we are real believers. I do not understand how people cope with life when they do not know Jesus.

Jesus is clear He is there with us.

Matt 11:30

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
It is not the yoke, but the Roman Catholics resistance to Christs' yoke, that makes it difficult for them. Wholehearted surrender to Jesus, our Master and our Keeper, is what finds and secures our rest.

Last edited:
Back