RCS TELL US WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE

balshan

How often do RCs tell us we cannot understand scripture. Scripture which is the word of God. Jesus is known as the word.

John 1:14 and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Later in Paul explains are minds are changed.
1 Cor 2:16 For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

We are also told
John 16:31 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Deut 30: 12+ 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The above are just a few of the verses that tell us we can understand scripture and why we can. So why do RCs not agree with what scripture is clearly telling us. Scripture is clear we can understand God's word for ourselves it is not over the seas or in the heavens, it is with us. We have the mind of Christ. Why do RCs have so much trouble with scripture?

How often do RCs tell us we cannot understand scripture. Scripture which is the word of God. Jesus is known as the word.

John 1:14 and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 Cor 2:16 For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

We are also told
John 16:31 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Deut 30: 12+ 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The above are just a few of the verses that tell us we can understand scripture and why we can. So why do RCs not agree with what scripture is clearly telling us. Scripture is clear we can understand God's word for ourselves it is not over the seas or in the heavens, it is with us. We have the mind of Christ. Why do RCs have so much trouble with scripture?
Because their faith is first and foremost in the "church" of Rome, and it is the RCC hierarchy that tells them that they are incapable of understanding God's Word. For centuries, the only official version was the Latin Vulgate – even as Latin became unknown to the commoners–, and the RCC made decrees that anyone wanting to read the Bible had to get the OK from their priest (maybe bishop?). Wycliffe's "heresy" was that he translated the Vulgate into common English, and hoped that even the plowboy could read and understand what God said.

It all comes down to power – something Rome has been unwilling to give up for millennia. See pax Romana. (Aptly enough, "pax" is pronounced "pox"! ?)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Because their faith is first and foremost in the "church" of Rome, and it is the RCC hierarchy that tells them that they are incapable of understanding God's Word. For centuries, the only official version was the Latin Vulgate – even as Latin became unknown to the commoners–, and the RCC made decrees that anyone wanting to read the Bible had to get the OK from their priest (maybe bishop?). Wycliffe's "heresy" was that he translated the Vulgate into common English, and hoped that even the plowboy could read and understand what God said.

It all comes down to power – something Rome has been unwilling to give up for millennia. See pax Romana. (Aptly enough, "pax" is pronounced "pox"! ?)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Good post, but I think it was Tyndale who said that about the plowboy. :)

We are also told

How many times have you told me that I don't understand scripture?

We are also told

Why do you have Bible teachers if you have the Holy Spirit?

Why do you have Bible teachers if you have the Holy Spirit?
You mean you cannot discuss, taught and learn more. We are never to blindly follow bible teachers, as RCs follow their leaders. But God is clear we have the HS and it is not up in the skies or across the water. It was written so we could understand it.

Also believers are all at different levels, some are babies and others have grown.

THIS is biblical. Popes and magisteriums who teach man-made doctrine are NOT.
Your pastors and teachers are teaching false doctrines. Peter warns us of this in his letter:

II Peter 2:1, "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions..."

Your pastors and teachers are teaching false doctrines. Peter warns us of this in his letter:

II Peter 2:1, "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions..."
No he is clearly warning us against your teachers, leaders and popes. Who have destroyed the truth with their false doctrines, teachings and practices.

Back