OK critics--here is your opportunity

dberrie2020

The Gospel has always been the Gospel. Even before it was put on parchment, it was written in the heavens themselves (Psalm 19). The biblical Gospel and the Mormon gospel differ,

I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?

I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?
This is a diversionary thread by the OP to avoid answering a simple question: what is the biblical Gospel and explain it. He was failed countless times.

This is a diversionary thread by the OP to avoid answering a simple question: what is the biblical Gospel and explain it. He was failed countless times.
It was legitimate question! its you that turning aside a question often asked of our Missionaries, to we teach the Gospel as taught in the Bible?
Of course it would not be a question you would consider since you have been brainwashed by man ...

The mormons on this forum teach Jesus died on the cross to only pay for Adams sin and the result of the fall.
That appears to be step one.
Step 2 is to get baptized by a mormon priest...and then do enough good works if you hope to make it to heaven.

There's more but...you get the point.

The mormons on this forum teach Jesus died on the cross to only pay for Adams sin and the result of the fall.
That appears to be step one.
Step 2 is to get baptized by a mormon priest...and then do enough good works if you hope to make it to heaven.

There's more but...you get the point.
Totally False ... source me your anti information so we can validate your misinformation and see who is telling a fib.

This is a diversionary retort which fails to address the OP.

That just isn't true. The Redemption from the Fall is ONE of the things Jesus did in His Atonement, but not the sole thing which was accomplished.

Great question! Honestly, nothing jumps out at me. Certainly I could nit pick some minor differences but there is probably more in common than different. The differences that do exist begs the question whether they are anymore significant than differences between catholics and Protestants. Remember they fought actual wars against each other. Burned each other on stakes. So you guys have gotten off easy. Ha ha!

It was legitimate question! its you that turning aside a question often asked of our Missionaries, to we teach the Gospel as taught in the Bible?
Of course it would not be a question you would consider since you have been brainwashed by man ...
If you don't know or can't explain the biblical Gospel, Ralf, you, dberrie and your missionaries can't explain anything. It is foundational. Dberrie has demonstrated he can't. And you?

If you don't know or can't explain the biblical Gospel, Ralf, you, dberrie and your missionaries can't explain anything. It is foundational. Dberrie has demonstrated he can't. And you?
What you have is your own interpretation, but surely not the true interpretation... that has been proven over and over. Most we see dflection coming from you with little to know substance as we see above in not answering the question given to you by dberrie... you can't find the difference as he outlined it. I think it way above your knowledge of what we teach and the Bible teaches...

What you have is your own interpretation, but surely not the true interpretation... that has been proven over and over. Most we see dflection coming from you with little to know substance as we see above in not answering the question given to you by dberrie... you can't find the difference as he outlined it. I think it way above your knowledge of what we teach and the Bible teaches...
The biblical Gospel is easily explained. It appears neither you nor he are capable.

Point of information:

Gospel or Good News = True God is saving pious, virtuous souls from sin and death through the Savior (aka, Joshua or Wisdom or Holy Spirit)

Can we move on?

Point of information:

Gospel or Good News = True God is saving pious, virtuous souls from sin and death through the Savior (aka, Joshua or Wisdom or Holy Spirit)

Can we move on?
But the mormon savior was a created being. Put that on the difference list.

But the mormon savior was a created being. Put that on the difference list.
The savior is the inner “spirit of Jesus” indwelling created humans per Paul. Thus, when qualified these so-called differences are more nuanced versus absolute distinctions.

Great question! Honestly, nothing jumps out at me. Certainly I could nit pick some minor differences but there is probably more in common than different. The differences that do exist begs the question whether they are anymore significant than differences between catholics and Protestants. Remember they fought actual wars against each other. Burned each other on stakes. So you guys have gotten off easy. Ha ha!

Morning, Docphin:

Thanks for that reply. The LDS are accused of being far from being Christian, but yet--no one has listed anything specific, when asked to list what they find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go.

Pretty amazing to me. If the LDS are that far off from Christianity--then the critics should able to list dozens of scriptures. Crickets.

I could list a quick page of scriptures, without even opening my Bible--of scriptures which violate the critic's theology, IMO.

....But only for the saved....John 3:16 style.

The LDS do not believe in the limited Atonement--and neither does the Biblical NT authors:

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

God died for the sins of the whole world:

1 John 2:2--King James Version
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John3:16 connects belief and eternal life, as a personal reception--which is a different story. The Redemption of all men does not require any belief, faith, obedience, or endurance--that was Jesus Christ alone. Him plus nothing. That was God redeeming all men from the consequences of the Fall.

We now answer for our own choices:

Matthew 16:27---King James Version
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Organ--your accusations haven't answered the first thing found in the OP.

Care to engage the OP--and list what you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

You could start with listing all those things you believe constitutes the gospel.

Morning, Docphin:

Thanks for that reply. The LDS are accused of being far from being Christian, but yet--no one has listed anything specific, when asked to list what they find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go.

Pretty amazing to me. If the LDS are that far off from Christianity--then the critics should able to list dozens of scriptures. Crickets.

I could list a quick page of scriptures, without even opening my Bible--of scriptures which violate the critic's theology, IMO.
There are two sides of that coin. On one side, Christians have been calling each other heretics since the term “Christian” was coined. IOW, the criticism you experience here is not new. On the other side, LDS originally set itself apart from other Christians as the “true” church so your elders have partly contributed to what you are going through now. The moral of the story is that criticism should be expected and even embraced when expressing an opinion; and also, remember how it feels before criticizing another. Then maybe we will not burn each other on stakes. Ha ha!

There are two sides of that coin. On one side, Christians have been calling each other heretics since the term “Christian” was coined. IOW, the criticism you experience here is not new. On the other side, LDS originally set itself apart from other Christians as the “true” church so your elders have partly contributed to what you are going through now. The moral of the story is that criticism should be expected and even embraced when expressing an opinion; and also, remember how it feels before criticizing another. Then maybe we will not burn each other on stakes. Ha ha!

Which I believe are all good points.

Docphin--I don't believe this board promotes enough good cheer for one another, me included in that. I don't believe it's even designed for that. My wife and I have put in for a mission together, so my time here may be limited to the next 6 months, in which we plan on leaving.

Back