OK critics--here is your opportunity

The LDS do not believe in the limited Atonement--and neither does the Biblical NT authors:

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Look at that....mormons believe all dogs go to heaven.

Which I believe are all good points.

Docphin--I don't believe this board promotes enough good cheer for one another, me included in that. I don't believe it's even designed for that. My wife and I have put in for a mission together, so my time here may be limited to the next 6 months, in which we plan on leaving.
May you represent what is good, just, an honorable to others in need of hope. Even if we do not know every mystery we can demonstrate love, right? Seek what they need, show that we care, offer support, encouragement, and counsel. If I recall Paul may have said something about that. ;)

Organ--your accusations haven't answered the first thing found in the OP.

Care to engage the OP--and list what you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

You could start with listing all those things you believe constitutes the gospel.
This is the Mormon forum. I have repeatedly asked you to EXPLAIN the Gospel. You have failed miserably.

Look at that....mormons believe all dogs go to heaven.

I would say it a little differently--all men have the opportunity to inherit eternal life--due to the Atonement of Jesus Christ:

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

All men Redeemed from the Fall--and have the opportunity to inherit eternal life.

I would say it a little differently--all men have the opportunity to inherit eternal life--due to the Atonement of Jesus Christ:

All men Redeemed from the Fall--and have the opportunity to inherit eternal life.
All? We had a little discussion about that word once....and you didn't really pay attention.

So, lets do it again with one of your favorite "works" verse:

Matt 10:22...and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Considering you will be hated by "all"...."all" would include your own mormon buddies...."All" according to you means everyone.

Do you remember the verse about "all" of Judea and Jerusalem came out to be baptized by John....and how all didn't mean everyone? Remember that discussion?

You really need to reconsider you usage of the word "all".

All? We had a little discussion about that word once....and you didn't really pay attention.

So, lets do it again with one of your favorite "works" verse:

Matt 10:22...and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Considering you will be hated by "all"...."all" would include your own mormon buddies...."All" according to you means everyone.

Do you remember the verse about "all" of Judea and Jerusalem came out to be baptized by John....and how all didn't mean everyone? Remember that discussion?

You really need to reconsider you usage of the word "all".

Would you have rathered I posted these scriptures?

1 Timothy 2:4---King James Version (KJV)
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Hebrews 2:9---King James Version (KJV)
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15---King James Version (KJV)

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 John 2:2--King James Version (KJV)
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Peter 3:9---King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Would you have rathered I posted these scriptures?

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
What I've been trying to do is get you to understand "context" and not twist a verse away from the context into mormon theology. But, you don't want to learn that point.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?
It's hard to know where to begin.

1. Mormonism says salvation comes by faith plus baptism plus works.

The Bible says salvation comes only through receiving the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, apart from any work by us.

2. Mormonism says the LDS church is the only way to enter the highest heaven.

The Bible says Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

3. Mormonism says there is no eternal hell.

The Bible says there is an eternal Hell.

4. Mormonism says salvation is universal.

The Bible says salvation is only for those who trust Christ alone.

5. Mormonism says the dead outside of Christ can get to heaven by proxy baptism.

The Bible says this life is our only chance to receive Christ.

It's hard to know where to begin.

1. Mormonism says salvation comes by faith plus baptism plus works.

The Bible says salvation comes only through receiving the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, apart from any work by us.

Then why are all men judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation?

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

2. Mormonism says the LDS church is the only way to enter the highest heaven.

The Bible says Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

Then His church should carry His name:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The Bible says salvation is only for those who trust Christ alone.

Salvation, as one receiving eternal life--isn't universal in the LDS church.

5. Mormonism says the dead outside of Christ can get to heaven by proxy baptism.

Then why was the gospel taught to the dead?

1 Peter 4:6---King James Version
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Are you claiming those who have never heard the gospel--won't be given an opportunity to hear and accept or reject?

What I've been trying to do is get you to understand "context" and not twist a verse away from the context into mormon theology.

And what has been shown is those verses you claim are twisted into LDS theology--are Biblical theology:

Basically mormon theology is pretty can't be trusted.

Again--what is there about the Biblical testimony which you believe can't be trusted?

Again--what is there about the Biblical testimony which you believe can't be trusted?

Thank God....the mormon determined no one will go to hell.

Thank God....the mormon determined no one will go to hell.

The Atonement didn't determine who will go to hell--it delivered all men from the condemnation of the Fall--and provided an opportunity for all men to inherit eternal life:

The determination of whether one will inherit life or damnation is determined here:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

That's a judgment according to works.

The Atonement didn't determine who will go to hell--it delivered all men from the condemnation of the Fall--and provided an opportunity for all men to inherit eternal life:
The sacrificial atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross deliverd all believer from the condemnation....as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus and His righteousness imputed to the believer.

Now, if as a mormon you want to believe in a half way house salvation....go for it. But, remember you can be freed from that false religion.

I know I'm saved....you, can only wish you are. Trusting in what you can do rather than what Christ did.

The sacrificial atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross deliverd all believer from the condemnation....as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus and His righteousness imputed to the believer.

The problem with that is the scriptures testify the Atonement was for every and all men:

The problem with that is the scriptures testify the Atonement was for every and all men:

Sounds like I'm saved without following the mormon concept religion. I now know ALL names are written in the book of life and no-one will be cast into the lake of fire.

I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?
It's a ridiculous question that doesn't address the multiple errors of Mormonism and it's multiple gods and totally false doctrines.

The NT teaches salvation is not of works and that Jesus adds those who should be saved to His Church. Mormonism teaches that all churches are of the devil except the Mormon one.

Not exactly. Once you are sent to the Terrestrial and Telestial Kingdoms or Outer Darkness you can't progress to a higher kingdom; and those in the 2 lower levels of the Celestial kingdom don't have full salvation. The exalted Mormons in the CK are members of the Church of the Firstborn in the highest level of the CK.

After this life and different resurrections non-Mormons are assigned to a kingdom or outer darkness. If they would have become valiant Mormons but didn't have the opportunity, proxy work will be done for them. Mormons who screwed up don't get another chance.

Back