John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

Please explain given the creation sequence, light source, etc., and the fact that there are trees with rings dating more than 6000 years, stars billions of light years away, etc.
God is the first source of light mentioned
when Noah stepped out of the Ark, the world had been completely remade with new regular trees - according to Jasher
the DSS calendar starts on Wednesday, the fourth day of the Week, when the Heavenly bodies could be used to track time

do we trust God's word/revelation and Jewish corroborators
or the natural sciences?

also, I'm fine with Earth and the Universal heavens being older than Genesis creation week

God is the first source of light mentioned
Creator of light.

when Noah stepped out of the Ark, the world had been completely remade with new regular tLight.
The flood was local. Nothing says the world was remade.

according to Jasher
the DSS calendar starts on Wednesday, the fourth day of the Week, when the Heavenly bodies could be used to track time
So, 24 hours started on day 4? What about days 1 through 3?

do we trust God's word/revelation and Jewish corroborators
or the natural sciences?
See above.

also, I'm fine with Earth and the Universal heavens being older than Genesis creation week
Ok. So, based on the above, it doesn't look like a literal 6 days, or 24 hrs, regardless of the Jewish or Christian sources.

The Jewish opinions are all over the map on this.

Creator of light.
in the New creation there will be no sun and moon
because the glory of God is the light - the same light source as the beginning of Biblical narrative

The flood was local.
no
genetically corrupted flesh had to be wiped out - the need for the Flood

So, 24 hours started on day 4? What about days 1 through 3?
1-3 the same time amount

The Jewish opinions are all over the map on this.
some Jewish opinions maybe

in the New creation there will be no sun and moon
because the glory of God is the light - the same light source as the beginning
We're not talking about a new creation. Please stick to the point of the creation account in Genesis.

There's no evidence of a global flood.

1-3 were the same time amount
You have no way of proving that nor that they were 24 hours.

some Jewish opinions
Yep. But given the lack of a light source, Sun, for the earth, many opinions can be discarded even the Jewish ones.

In both religions, the science of the day was used, and opinions need to be updated.

Last edited:
This seems a slippery slope -
so I don't know what to believe over Here
I am baffled why you have a hard time understanding. You have no problem believing that parables are fictitious teaching stories, where you understand that the people are not historical, but you nevertheless understand that you still believe the lessons that these parables teach. It is no different with the myths and legends in the bible. They are not historical, but in accepting the Bible, we accept the lessons they teach.

Nope. The Holy Spirit is given to us as our new life force after Jesus' resurrection. He breathed His Spirit on His disciples (John 20:22). Then everyone received it at Pentecost. The Spirit becomes indwelt and that cannot happen unless we receive Jesus' atonement. That's the way God set it up and the foreshadows in the Old Covenant all point in the same direction.
Something Jews will not recieve until they are Born Again.

is These supposed to be like a "gotcha" or something?

There's no evidence of a global flood.
you sure?

We're not talking about a new creation. Please stick to the point of the creation account in Genesis.

You have no way of proving that nor that they were 24 hours.
I accept it is if the Bible says it is

But given the lack of a light source, Sun, for the earth, many opinions can be discarded even the Jewish ones.
I accept that what the Jews wrote in the Bible is True

In both religions, the science of the day was used, and opinions need to be updated.
so you give more credence to mankind's Science that to God's opinion and revelation

Last edited:
I am baffled why you have a hard time understanding. You have no problem believing that parables are fictitious teaching stories, where you understand that the people are not historical, but you nevertheless understand that you still believe the lessons that these parables teach. It is no different with the myths and legends in the bible. They are not historical, but in accepting the Bible, we accept the lessons they teach.
so you are just part of a fictional phony People
no wonder the gentiles didn't like you - they saw right thru yr "we're special" and ethical boloney

anyway, the Bible is about Israel but it is really about one Person in particular

Last edited:
either Abraham had a meal with God, or it didn't happen
either Isaac is a miraculous son of promise, or he wasn't
either Jacob wrestled with God all night, or he didn't

what is for we to be learned from if untruths?

Last edited:
Back