The Blind Leading the Blind - Matthew 16:18

Your dream of usurping all authority but your own is a nightmare of anarchy which made a shambles of Gods Word. Christianity is being preserved in its' authentic catholic state only by Catholicism.
No it is the RCC that has usurped th authority of Jesus. They have done so for their selfish reasons. They are following in the footsteps of their founder the father of lies.

Yes, Jesus is establishing the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom and Peter is the first one to hold it.

It is so obvious.
Do you agree that Scripture cannot contradict Scripture?
Do you agree that when a passage can be interpreted in different ways: (i.e. the rock is either Peter or the confession that Jesus is the Son of God), the interpretation that contradicts other Scriptures; must be in error?

Do you want to look at what the rest of Scripture says is the rock?
Do you want to look at what Peter says about himself?

Proverbs 30:1​
Surely I am more brutish than any man,​
and have not the understanding of a man.​
I neither learned wisdom,​
nor have the knowledge of the holy.​
.​
No it is the RCC that has usurped th authority of Jesus. They have done so for their selfish reasons. They are following in the footsteps of their founder the father of lies.
balshan said:
================================================end balshan post

Surely I am more brutish than any man,
and have not the understanding of a man.
3 I neither learned wisdom,
nor have the knowledge of the holy.

But these speak evil of those things which they know not:​
but what they know naturally,​
as brute beasts,​
in those things they corrupt themselves.​

================================

Genesis Ch.4: Cain and Able

Woe unto them!​
for they have gone in the way of Cain,​
====================================

Balaam wanted that money, and the rewards of divination
even if it meant cursing Israel
And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian
departed with the rewards of divination in their hand;
and they came unto Balaam, and spake unto him the words of Balak.

and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward,​
=====================================

Korah,s Rebellion against
Moses and Aaron
Numbers 16
and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi,​
and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab,​
and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben,​
took men:​
2 And they rose up before Moses,​
with certain of the children of Israel,​
two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly,​
famous in the congregation, men of renown:​
3 And they gathered themselves together​
against Moses and against Aaron,​
and said unto them,........................​

=========================================

Surely I am more brutish than any man,
and have not the understanding of a man.
3 I neither learned wisdom,
nor have the knowledge of the holy.

But these speak evil​
of those things which they know not:​
but what they know naturally, as brute beasts,​
in those things they corrupt themselves.​
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity,​
when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:​
clouds they are without water,​
carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth,​
without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;​
13 Raging waves of the sea,​
foaming out their own shame;​
wandering stars,​
to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​

Those are The Waysiders
And these are they by the way side,
where the word is sown;
but when they have heard,
Satan cometh immediately,
and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.​
..​
24 And he said unto them,
Take heed what ye hear:
with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you:
and unto you that hear shall more be given.​
25 For he that hath,
to him shall be given:
and he that hath not,
from him shall be taken even that which he hath.​
.​
Now the parable is this:
The seed is the word of God.​
12 Those by the way side are they that hear;​
then cometh the devil,​
and taketh away the word out of their hearts,
lest they should believe and be saved.​

and I stood on the Sands of the Sea
and I saw .............

Raging waves of the sea,
foaming out their own shame;
to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

//

The early Fathers regularly referred to Peter as holding a preeminent position among the Apostles.

Therefore on hearing those words, the blessed Peter, the chosen, the pre-eminent, the first of the disciples, for whom alone and Himself the Saviour paid tribute, (Matthew 17:27) quickly seized and comprehended the saying. Clement of Alexandria "Who Is the Rich Man That Is Saved?" 200 AD.

For though you think that heaven is still shut up, remember that the Lord left the keys of it to Peter here, and through him to the Church, which keys everyone will carry with him if he has been questioned and made a confession [of faith]” Tertullian (Antidote Against the Scorpion 10 A.D. 211).

“The Lord said to Peter, ‘On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven’ [Matt. 16:18–19]. . . . Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church” Tertullian (Modesty 21:9–10 A.D. 220).

“Be it known to you, my lord, that Simon [Peter], who, for the sake of the true faith, and the most sure foundation of his doctrine, was set apart to be the foundation of the Church, and for this end was by Jesus himself, with his truthful mouth, named Peter, the first fruits of our Lord, the first of the apostles; to whom first the Father revealed the Son; whom the Christ, with good reason, blessed” (Letter of Clement to James 2 A.D. 221).

To name just a few. Can you provide sources that dispute Peters preeminent appointment by Jesus?
Youre very selective in your ecf posts. All catholics are. So when i post ecf's that say otherwise then what? You still have scripture to deal with, church fathers that don't see Peter as preeiminent or pope. Then what?

Do you agree that when a passage can be interpreted in different ways: (i.e. the rock is either Peter or the confession that Jesus is the Son of God), the interpretation that contradicts other Scriptures; must be in error?

Do you want to look at what the rest of Scripture says is the rock?
Do you want to look at what Peter says about himself?
I already have examined scripture. And that is what Jesus is doing in Matthew 16 - he is establishing the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom and Peter is his first Prime Minister.

I already have examined scripture. And that is what Jesus is doing in Matthew 16 - he is establishing the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom and Peter is his first Prime Minister.

All passages of scripture can be interpreted in different ways. But go ahead and present your case.

Buzzard said:
Stella,
How many times do you have to be told
the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net,
that was cast into the sea,
and gathered of every kind:
(some Good and some Bad)
48 Which, when it was full,
they drew to shore, and sat down,
and gathered the good into vessels,
(Plural, as in many vessels / Baskets / churches)
but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world:
the angels shall come forth,
and sever the wicked from among the just,

And where did the fishermen, sitting by the sea, cast the bad fish? Why, back into the sea, the uniform sea, from which they were taken. The sea that is never satisfied, but, saying "More! More!" wants to engulf the dry land once again. The sea to which the Lord says, "Thus far and no farther!"

--Rich

All passages of scripture can be interpreted in different ways. But go ahead and present your case.
Here is where we start:

Do you agree that Scripture cannot teach error?
Do you agree that Scripture cannot contradict itself?
Do you agree that if a passage can be interpreted in different ways: the interpretation that contradicts other Scriptures; must be in error?

Last edited:
Here is where we start:

Do you agree that if a passage can be interpreted in different ways: the interpretation that contradicts other Scriptures; must be in error?

We need to make a distinction between interpretations and scripture. When you say an interpretation contradicts Scripture then we are talking about the actual words of scripture.

We need to make a distinction between interpretations and scripture. When you say an interpretation contradicts Scripture then we are talking about the actual words of scripture.

you have such a low opinion of what Scripture is (its characteristics and attributes)

Are there errors in your Catechism?
Does your Catechism contradict itself in places?
There are errors in scripture and there are contradictions in it.

But why do you believe that Jesus wasn't establishing an office of Prime Minister for his kingdom in Matthew 16?

There are errors in scripture and there are contradictions in it.
sorry. but no.
and you are proving my point. you have such a low opinion of what Scripture is (its characteristics and attributes)

How can God's words contradict God's words?

Last edited:
There are errors in scripture. Scripture does contradict itself in places.
So you are saying God got it wrong and contradicts Himself. Really. That is not an RC teaching is it? It wasn't in my days going through the RC system both schools and masses.

So where is it in error, where did God get it wrong? Where does it contradict itself.

Back