the original Messianic Judaism?

you don't believe the Biblical history
why would you have any interest in the prophecies or covenant promises
that are a focus of this Thread?

with the immediate response -
I don't think you even watched the video
should I even bother to talk to you here?
You need to remember that I use the alert system. I only get posts that quote me or tag me, or random posts that their software thinks I might enjoy. You are very fortunate that this post was randomly chosen.

In the future, if you want an answer from me, make sure to either quote me or tag me.

No, I didn't watch the video. If you have put up a post explaining how the earth was flat or that aliens are visiting earth, I wouldn't have watched those either. On rare occasions I will watch a video that I think has information that I would like to learn. But generally speaking, my mantra is that I come in here to chat, not to watch videos.

don't check "elerts" myself
and don't really care for giving them

kinda neat this Thread has 17000 plus views (is there another comparable on CARM?)
and I'm sure half of that is Jewy and You checking what's up here in the super kool Jesus Messianism forum
'cuz not much going on on the Rabbinic one of much interest that I can tell

I personally wonder if Jews will start having second thoughts about
who they support politically? what with what's been going on worldwide with the Leftists
even Canter's being vandalized OMG
where else will get the $58 orange salad party platter in the Southland?!

Oh good heavens. And I should care what some mushugenah says why?
Sorry, OH, but I have to wonder...you think the OT is myth, you couldn't care less about the NT, you're not sure Israel will survive this war, and you feel there's no guarantee that another holocaust won't happen.
What, exactly, is it you'd like to chat about?

Sorry, OH, but I have to wonder...you think the OT is myth, you couldn't care less about the NT, you're not sure Israel will survive this war, and you feel there's no guarantee that another holocaust won't happen.
What, exactly, is it you'd like to chat about?
In this particular forum I look for two kinds of posts. The first is if anyone misrepresents Judaism and needs to be corrected. The second is I look for posts that are actually about Messianic Judaism. I'm the only person in this forum that has had any direct experience with the movement, so I can bring a certain amount of clarity in the conversations. I did upload that thread on the Hebrew Roots movement, but so far, no one seems interested.

Rabbinic Judaism isn't Biblical Judaism
and you don't believe the Bible anyway

yr not really a Jew
Catholicism/MJ wasn't MJ, and according to you "MJ isn't Judaism"
and when you left Catholicism, you said you "never believed it anyway"

you've said Chabad is heretical
but you went there for Passover..
maybe the food was good or something

Last edited:
on this Thread we try to go by what Bible says
So what does the Bible say about Biblical Judaism? Most of the what you post here isn't at all found in the Bible. How ironic. Starting from your post #1. Interesting ?

You seem to know a lot about fashion, dresses. Doesn't sound very Biblical, does it?

Last edited:
Rabbinic Judaism isn't Biblical Judaism
You have a very bad habit of never learning and repeating the same mistakes over and over.

I'm assuming by "Biblical" Judaism you are referring to a Protestant idea that there is some sort of true religion that is based solely on the Bible. There is no such Judaism as this. It is an impossibility, as I have pointed out many times. Firstly because the very idea is contradicted BY THE BIBLE in Deuteronomy 17:8-13. And secondly because reasoning shows that it is impossible to keep the Torah without some sort of Oral Law -- even the Karaites who claim to have no oral Law, actually DO have their own version of Oral Law.
yr not really a Jew
Since you did not quote anyone or tag anyone, I'm not sure who this is directed to. However, you do have two people in the forum who are Halakhicaly Jewish, meaning Jews according to Jewish Law, which is the ONLY thing that matters in determining Jewish identity.

I suspect your purpose here was simply to be snotty and insulting. Your posts are absolutely infused with your anger and bitterness.
Catholicism/MJ wasn't MJ, and according to you "MJ isn't Judaism"
Okay now it is clear that you are addressing the post to me. However, I asked you to please quote or tag me so that I would get your posts, and you have deliberately chosen to give me the finger and not do that. It appears to be your intention to write posts to me, hoping that I will not see them and be able to reply. Well, screw that AG. In the future, if I get any post from you in my alerts that is not properly addressed, I am not going to read it. So spin your wheels if you want. Tell all the lies you want. I'm tired of you disrespecting me, given the respect I have given you.
and when you left Catholicism, you said you "never believed it anyway"
No, I never said that LOL, and quite frankly it is just a lie. It shows that you don't read my posts. You are not concerned with what I actually think or am saying.

Here is the truth:

When I converted to Catholicism, I absolutely believed it in total. However, things did not stay that way. For many years I began to have questions, in particular in response to issues being raised by Jews. As my appreciation for Judaism grew, I began to be torn between both religions. During this time, I became involved with Messianic Judaism in an attempt to find some sort of resolution, but it didn't work. Eventually, I became persuaded by Judaism, and went through formal conversion.

Things were fine for a while, but then I began missing certain things in Catholicism, such as Christmas and confession. The pull of my heart was VERY strong (I'm an extremely sentimental person). I tried to return to the church at this time, but being as how I was a Jew, I became involved with the Association of Hebrew Catholics. Anyhow, this was just a disaster waiting to happen. My head was saying Judaism was true, and my heart was saying go Catholic. DURING THIS TIME, I did NOT believe the teachings of Catholicism (this is where you got your mistaken idea that I "never believed in Catholicism"). But I wanted to.

I have never felt so torn in my life. I gave myself a year to figure things out. At the end of a year, a fellow Catholic said to me that its not our feelings that should decide, because feelings are fickle. Rather I should decide based on what I believed to be true.

And THAT is when I fully returned to Judaism.

I consider that temporary return to Catholicism to be among the worst mistakes I ever made in my entire life. At least, though, I no longer have even an inkling of a desire to return to Christianity.
you've said Chabad is heretical
but you went there for Passover..
maybe the food was good or something
That' is correct. Chabad is technically heretical because of its claims that the Rebbe is the messiah. But their observance of the Law is very high, and what is more they do AWESOME work in helping Jews become more observant without coming across as judgmental. So there is a lot to admire, which is why Jews of all stripes often donate to them during their telethons and stuff. We just tune out their Rebbe is the messiah stuff.

Yes, the food was scrumptuous! Thanks for asking. :)

Reminding you once more, I have asked you to quote me or tag me if you are directly addressing me and want a response.

Another great Biblical post.
I haven't read the thread, but from just quickly scrolling, it looks like he is using this thread as an opportunity to simply talk to himself about all sorts of unrelated things. It's an abuse of the forum, but what you can you say.

Back