the original Messianic Judaism?

Essenes, Qumran community, Dead Sea Scrolls, extrabiblical History, testaments of early patriarchs, "the Way"
prophecy, Israel, the Jewish people from a Messianic (Jesus) perspective, whatever interests AG in the moment, etc. etc.

I haven't read the thread, but from just quickly scrolling, it looks like he is using this thread as an opportunity to simply talk to himself about all sorts of unrelated things. It's an abuse of the forum, but what you can you say.
Yep, when confronted, AG can't address what he thinks is Biblical Judaism, nor the hypocrisy that he opened the OP with non-Biblical sources and continues to do so. How ironic.

Yep, when confronted, AG can't address what he thinks is Biblical Judaism, nor the hypocrisy that he opened the OP with non-Biblical sources and continues to do so. How ironic.
While I can say for certain was AG in particular means, I have to say that I've heard the expression "Biblical Judaism" before in my past conversations with people involved in Messianic Judaism. These people were very Protestant in their orientation -- anything other than sola scriptura might as well come straight from the Devil's mouth. They had this idea that someone could simply follow the commandments of the written Torah without any interpretation. If I tried pointing out to them that the Torah itself creates an oral tradition with authority, they were unable to hear me. If I pointed out that in many cases the written Torah simply lacked the detail necessary to know how to properly keep a law, again, they were unable to hear me. When I point out that groups such as the Karaites who have tried to stick solely with the written Torah have been unable to do so, they are unable to hear me. I find the same fingers in the ears response when I've tried to talk to AG about this.

While I can say for certain was AG in particular means, I have to say that I've heard the expression "Biblical Judaism" before in my past conversations with people involved in Messianic Judaism. These people were very Protestant in their orientation -- anything other than sola scriptura might as well come straight from the Devil's mouth. They had this idea that someone could simply follow the commandments of the written Torah without any interpretation. If I tried pointing out to them that the Torah itself creates an oral tradition with authority, they were unable to hear me. If I pointed out that in many cases the written Torah simply lacked the detail necessary to know how to properly keep a law, again, they were unable to hear me. When I point out that groups such as the Karaites who have tried to stick solely with the written Torah have been unable to do so, they are unable to hear me. I find the same fingers in the ears response when I've tried to talk to AG about this.
And yet "Messianic Judaism" doesn't follow the commandments but Rabbinical commandments to feel Jewish.

He's all over the map and contradicts himself.

And yet "Messianic Judaism" doesn't follow the commandments but Rabbinical commandments to feel Jewish.
You can go onto the Messianic Jewish Rabbinical Council's website, and find an entire article devoted to the value of Oral Torah. https://ourrabbis.org/main/documents/Oral_Torah_Kinzer.pdf Clearly the UMJC denomination has a favorable position towards the Talmud, doing such things as lighting Shabbat candles and observing Chanukah. The group of Jews in the leadership of UMJC recognize that they can't really claim to be a Judaism without honoring Jewish oral tradition.

But that doesn't mean that every congregant is of the same opinion. For example, UMJC has formal relations with the Vatican, yet there are people in their midst who think the Catholic Church is evil paganism, yada yada. IOW despite its best efforts at embracing the "Gentile Church," the denomination has to deal with people who are stuck in the assumptions of their old churches, especially Protestant thought.

So there is a stark contrast between what the denomination teaches, and what individuals in the pews think. At any rate, I believe that is the origin of this phrase, "Biblical Judaism."
He's all over the map and contradicts himself.
Yeap. And honestly, there is a LOT of dysfunction on CARM. He is simply one of many.

I was sprinkled in a Lutheran church as a babe, but by age 2-ish my mum was going to a non-denominational Bible church and CC.
They and other churches we would go to were generally viewed as "Evangelical", which I personally view as post-Protestant,
but we would visit other churches (Baptist, Nazarene, EV Free, Lutheran, Community Bible, etc.) due to acquaintances there.
Private schools, AWANA, youth groups, camps, all that kind of business growing up.
Lots of that kind of action in this area and region back then.
Went to a school at a local (Reform) synagogue a bit as well, but didn't really understand it was something Jewish as a little kid.
Some kids I knew from there ended up at a Catholic school later when we were teens - which was interesting for them LOL.

As I brought up before,
it is interesting how a Jewish believer might view themselves, and what their relationship to other Christians might be.

For examples I am aware of:

Arnold Fruchtenbaum holds to a dual status view - that Jews in Messiah are both remnant Israel and The Church.
Aaron Budjen, who was originally working on becoming a Rabbi when he became a believer, I think views himself as having a new family now.
David Hocking would go to CC and also a local Messianic group here on Sun and Sat respectively, and he has mentioned his personal wishes
that his fellow Jewish Messianics would spend more time with their gentile brethren.
Amir is a former tour guide in Israel who met regional CC people thru that, but I don't know what he and family do when in his home country.
Mister boombastic Jacob Prasch is in Britain.
Mottel Baleston is another from back East, with connections to Ariel.
Avi Lipkin and his son Aaron - Israeli I guess modern Orthodox - are not followers of Jesus, but friends to American Evangelicals.

All have their own different styles. focus, distinct views, and relation to other Jewish believers - which I think would be normal for The Church.
Most travel the World like, and along with, their Evangelical friends and counterparts.

There's just something about that name..."Jesus"
and also Israel itself

-

Not much about the OP topics on this page yet that I can see, and admittedly don't read or watch what gets posted anyway.
Just the same old anti-Christian/Messianic boilerplate - so makes wonder what Their motives here really are.

And while other threads lag here and on the "Judaism" forum
we got 18000 views and counting
mmmmm

If inspired, say a prayer for those in Israel itself, within range of attack and with fam in IDF.
My mom's acquaintances from Capistrano are there currently, as far as we know, and usually will send a letter saying "Hi".
They have been there during battle times before, but this is extra gnarly yo.

Last edited:
Pope wants two states
Obama wants two states
neither Israel nor their enemies want two states

Ken Johnson, another CCer from Kansas,
has a view that a significant peace deal can be drafted or made, but no one really wants it...
and so it sits on the table for a time - until it gets politically/militarily(?) enforced at a later date.

I personally hold to possible close and possible far away views
on some things as well.

as in the vid above -
it's God's land
more specifically, it's Jesus' land
and the Jewish people are His people

Belief in Jesus as Messiah, and God as the Bible presents God to be, is divisive
it continues to divide the Jewish people, it can divide families
it divides the World

di·vide

2 disagree or cause to disagree

Last edited:
as in the vid above -
it's God's land
more specifically, it's Jesus' land
and the Jewish people are His people

Belief in Jesus as Messiah, and God as the Bible presents God to be, is divisive
it continues to divide the Jewish people, it can divide families
it divides the World

di·vide

2 disagree or cause to disagree
Does Jesus have a God?

should already understand Messianic/Christian theology by now
So you should understand that when Jesus prays, bows, worships another, he isn't the God.

will Jews eventually start going back to the Land in mass?
Time will tell.

no, I suggested Messianic/Christian views should be based on the Bible
(but of course from the OP, other sources can confirm what that says, so the "Protestant" Sola-la la charge is bunk)

like for instance I mentioned -
"what would be the Biblical basis for Israel being uprooted from the Land again...
or
never being uprooted again..."?
and pointed to Amos 9 which mentions both

I got no response, because
I am to assume
Rabbinic Judaism does not have a Biblical answer and does not care to (?)

no, I suggested Messianic/Christian views should be based on the Bible
(but of course from the OP, other sources can confirm what that says, so the "Protestant" Sola-la la charge is bunk)
And they aren't from Tanakh.

like for instance I mentioned -
"what would be the Biblical basis for Israel being uprooted from the Land again...
or
never being uprooted again..."?
and pointed to Amos 9 which mentions both
I don't have a problem with Amos 9.

I got no response, because
I am to assume
Rabbinic Judaism does not have a Biblical answer and does not care to (?)
No, you didn't get an answer from because you don't respond to my questions. I respond as a result when I want.

yr still just Trolling
and have no answer to a very important Biblical question in these current event times

I don't answer yr same old same old junk anymore - you don't care for answers anyway -
or what doesn't go with the OP
you can argue with Christians as you like to do on the other forum and other persons threads

bump

Last edited:
Back