Many new versions corrupt Romans 11:6 to allow works. They remove "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"

SavedByTheLord

Many new versions corrupt Romans 11:6 to allow works. They remove "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"

Here is the King James Bible. The first part shows that salvation is not by works. But the 2nd part is very important as it says if it is of works it is no more grace, meaning no salvation whatsoever. The removal allows for works to be done that are just a waste of time or meaningless. like infant baptism.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. - Romans 11:6

Here is the King James Bible. The first part shows that salvation is not by works. But the 2nd part is very important as it says if it is of works it is no more grace, meaning no salvation whatsoever. The removal allows for works to be done that are just a waste of time or meaningless. like infant baptism.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. - Romans 11:6
This post is another example of the shallowness of ts poster. His posts are virtually the same except the subject. When asked to defend his interpretation, he falls back on his phony "i am right because I say so" reasoning.

Reactions: Mik
This post is another example of the shallowness of ts poster. His posts are virtually the same except the subject. When asked to defend his interpretation, he falls back on his phony "i am right because I say so" reasoning.
So most new versions have the phrase "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"?

Most new versions remove the phrase "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"

The ESV, NIV, NIRV, NASB, NASB 1995, NET, NCV, NLT, CSB, and HSCB Do not have it. There are others.

You get a complete list here.

Just another purification the KJV needed. The added words that were put in by the KJV translators need removed. It was just a redundant sentence they added that was not needed.
So the NASB95 is purified (X)x times more than the KJV. The most purified Word today.

I am just posting facts. The KJV added a phrase that was not there..

Just another purification the KJV needed. The added words that were put in by the KJV translators need removed. It was just a redundant sentence they added that was not needed.
So the NASB95 is purified (X)x times more than the KJV. The most purified Word today.

No added words in Revelation because the KJB tramsators did not get the plagues.

But many new versions have removed "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"

No added words in Revelation because the KJB tramsators did not get the plagues.

But many new versions have removed "But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work"

Nope.

Nope.

It is a corruption that allows works.

The short version of Rom 11:6 is attested by manuscripts P46 and Sinaiticus and numerous church fathers. The long version seems to be confined to the Byzantine Text Type, and thus is probably the result of a marginal insertion or comment being incorporated into the bible text. The insertion seems to be wholly unnecessary, and make the meaning far less clear that it would be without it.

The short version of Rom 11:6 is attested by manuscripts P46 and Sinaiticus and numerous church fathers. The long version seems to be confined to the Byzantine Text Type, and thus is probably the result of a marginal insertion or comment being incorporated into the bible text. The insertion seems to be wholly unnecessary, and make the meaning far less clear that it would be without it.
Those ones are yucky and very corrupt.

Back