The logical truth and reality of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
False.
The dictionary is not an authority on a single thing.
All any dictionary does is record the popular usage of words.
Dictionaries constantly u-date their definitions based upon
popular usage of words.
New connotations of words are added regularly.
English is a living language that changes weekly with regard
to popular usage of words.

JAG

``
I'm still waiting for you to name a city that was massacred in the name of atheism.

False.
There are ,many evidences for the truth of Christianity and thereby Faith in Christianity
is NOT blind faith.
Here are 20 secular arguments for the existence of God.

Your blind faith claim is false.
Neither the truth of Christianity nor the existence of God would establish the truth of the scripture in question.

Your faith in that remains blind.

And if you want your list of arguments to be taken seriously you'll need to present one and defend it.

Obviously false. The dictionary is an authority on the meaning of words, including the term 'fact'.
False as I explained up-thread.
Your evidence-free faith-claims are not facts.

False.
There are ,many evidences for the truth of Christianity and thereby Faith in Christianity
is NOT blind faith.

False.
is NOT blind faith.

Twenty Arguments God's Existence by Peter Kreeft (& Ronald K. Tacelli)

www.peterkreeft.com
w

Bible truths are not intended to be "fair" they are intended to reach the
mind and heart with truth. Christianity is a Faith but you desire it to be
an intellectual system, but it can never be that.

So it's not fair?

If Bible truths are intended to reach mind and heart with truth, then isn't the mind bit part of an intellectual system?
Not in the way you would define the word "argument"
You want Empirical evidences but there are no Empirical evidences
for the truth of Christianity that can rise to the certainty-level that
you want. It is impossible to eliminate Faith from Christianity without
destroying Christianity -- and why would you want to believe in a faith
that had been destroyed? Answer: You would not want to believe in a
destroyed Christianity.
"without faith it is impossible to please God"
"for by grace are you saved through faith"
"he that comes to God must believe that He exists and that He
rewards those who earnestly seek Him"
Christendom's core Bible verse John 3:16 would be totally wrecked
without the Principle Of Faith being sustained and upheld.
John 3:16
{1} believe and get Eternal Life
{2} refuse to believe and perish
Many Christians seek to establish Christianity via historical methods and reason.

If you were the creator of the universe, would you set things up so that if someone didn't believe they would perish?
It is unreasonable to not believe in God.
Why?
You know there is a God.
I really don't. How do i know?
You suppress this knowledge.
The human heart is Fallen and deceitful. {Original Sin}
We are all like that.
Only the Grace and Mercy of God can deliver us from this unreasonableness.
Why has God delivered you, and not me?
All the truths contained in the New Testament of which you are not now aware.
All the historical facts that are in fact, facts, of which you are not now aware.
Can you give an example?

False as I explained up-thread.
How are we even meant to converse if you reject the dictionary as an authority on the meanings of words?

False.
is NOT blind faith.
That's not what I said you had blind faith in.

And even if it was, merely linking to a list doesn't show otherwise.
You would need to present and defend at least one of these arguments.

Strawman, you haven't answered my point, and I never said you suggested that “God and God's mind cannot exist before God and God's mind exists”.

But, if everything exists in Gods mind, that's circular. Because God must exist in his own mind. But how can that be?
Strawman. Rather I believe that all logical truth exists in and because of God's mind, which just makes Him reality, because it is ONLY a believing mind that possesses the capacity to acknowledge existence and enlighten the mind of its own existence and knowledge of the truth and reality. And nothing else outside of a believing mind possesses this capacity. Therefore, the ONLY thing capable of enlightening a mind to its own existence is belief and since it is ONLY a believing mind that possesses this capacity, then reality must be a believing mind, because the truth and reality cannot be known by any other way or place outside of a believing mind.

Where and how do we acknowledge our own existence and identity, if not in and with our own believing mind? As we are our minds and that is how and where we are known to exist.

Strawman. Rather I believe that all logical truth exists in and because of God's mind, which just makes Him reality, because it is ONLY a believing mind that possesses the capacity to acknowledge existence and enlighten the mind of its own existence and knowledge of the truth and reality. And nothing else outside of a believing mind possesses this capacity. Therefore, the ONLY thing capable of enlightening a mind to its own existence is belief and since it is ONLY a believing mind that possesses this capacity, then reality must be a believing mind, because the truth and reality cannot be known by any other way or place outside of a believing mind.

Where and how do we acknowledge our own existence and identity, if not in and with our own believing mind? As we are our minds and that is how and where we are known to exist.
Strawman. If logic is absolute it cannot exist in and because of God's mind. That would make it contingent, in which case it would not be absolute, and that being so would mean there were no Laws of Logic.

This is just nonsensical word salad. I have no reply. Its like Deepak Chopra saying that 'quantum entanglement' proves consciousness. Just because you can string some big words together does not mean it is a coherent claim or question.

Thank you for the chat.
Evasion, deal with what's being said to you rather than running away.

And please explain why what I said is "nonsensical word salad", for your convenience I have pasted it below.

Can you know or experience the truth or reality without a believing mind? No you cannot.
And we experience the truth and reality in and with our believing minds and outside or without the benefit of a believing mind the truth and reality is unknowable.

And FYI, 'quantum entanglement' implies the necessary existence of a believing mind in order for collapse to occur.

How are we even meant to converse if you reject the dictionary as an authority on the meanings of words?

That's not what I said you had blind faith in.

And even if it was, merely linking to a list doesn't show otherwise.
You would need to present and defend at least one of these arguments.
You do not dictate to me what I must do or what I need to do.
You do not set and establish the rules
of discourse.
You do not have the Authority to issue a proclamation saying that dictionaries are
the authority on the definitions of words and make your proclamation binding
upon me I explained up-thread why that is true.
You do not have the authority to declare faith off limits in discourse.
You do not have the authority to tell me that I cannot quote Bible verses as the
basis for my beliefs. I will do that and I will continue to do that.
If you do not like it, you do not have to read my posts.
Is there some Force drawing you to read my posts?

JAG

``

Strawman. If logic is absolute it cannot exist in and because of God's mind. That would make it contingent, in which case it would not be absolute, and that being so would mean there were no Laws of Logic.
Let's see what's "absolute". If logic is dependent and requires a believing mind for a way and place to be known and known to exist, then logic too is contingent upon a believing mind for its existence as well. Logic entails the existence of a believing mind, because in reality it is in and by a believing mind that the truth and logic can be known to exist. So, the truth, logic, morality, consciousness, existence and logic all entail a believing mind's existing, making reality a believing mind. Therefore, wouldn't the dependency and entailment of a believing mind in order for the existence of the truth, logic, morality, consciousness and logic to exist make that believing mind absolute?

Ambiguous language yet again. You keep failing to distinguish whether the phrase "in and by a mind" applies to the term "known" or the term "exist".
Really? Please explain what is ambiguous about eliminating all other options (Reductio ad absurdum) or the making otherwise absurd
and leaving ONLY one?

Explain why there is no logical connection between a believing mind ('in and by a mind') and the term 'known' or the term 'exist', when it is ONLY a believing mind that can acknowledge knowledge and existence?

Let's see what's "absolute". If logic is dependent and requires a believing mind for a way and place to be known and known to exist, then logic too is contingent upon a believing mind for its existence as well. Logic entails the existence of a believing mind, because in reality it is in and by a believing mind that the truth and logic can be known to exist. So, the truth, logic, morality, consciousness, existence and logic all entail a believing mind's existing, making reality a believing mind. Therefore, wouldn't the dependency and entailment of a believing mind in order for the existence of the truth, logic, morality, consciousness and logic to exist make that believing mind absolute?
No. It requires a mind to realise the concept of logic, but what the concepts refer to don't. If there were no minds, logic would still prevail. If there were no minds, a rock would still be a rock, as recognised by the Law of Identity.
Logic is about the recognition that certain things can only be what they are. For example, if P then Q, or, A=A. That this is so means it's absolute and non contingent.

So it's not fair?
Not fair according to your personal current understanding of the word "fair."

If Bible truths are intended to reach mind and heart with truth, then isn't the mind bit part of an intellectual system?
The mind is a part of the whole person, but that does not mean the path to Faith in God is
through the intellect. Its not. Rather the path to faith in God is through the heart. The heart has
to do with what is really important which is LOVE -- first LOVE God with all your heart, mind, and
soul -- next LOVE your neighbor as you love yourself.

Many Christians seek to establish Christianity via historical methods and reason.
True.
Christendom has about 2.3 billion adherents so you will get some of just about anything and everything.

If you were the creator of the universe, would you set things up so that if someone didn't believe they would perish?
Yes.
Yes based upon what I know about why God set it up that way.
Faith is a simple test to determine who will be God?
{1} Will it be WIF?
or
{2} Will it be the God that created you.
Your answer is {1) , , , you can spin it and you can wiggle, but it boils down to what the Jews cried out
to Pilate "We will NOT have this man to reign over us."
This is exactly what you, de facto, are telling God , , I will not have you to reign over me.
God says Okay have it your way, I will give you what you demand I give you.
By the way, what God allows you to have that you demand is the perish of John 3:16
Remember as Eternity rolls on and on that you demanded it.
So who will be God?
This same simple test was made in the Garden.
Do not eat of a certain tree.
You can eat from all trees except one.
Don't eat of that tree. , , , , "Wet paint, Do not touch."
But Eve wanted to "be as God" says the text and so she took
and ate.
Its the same principle: Who will be God.
Both Adam and Eve said, in effect, We will NOT have God to reign over us.
But I JAG will have God to reign over me.
I will obey God.
I will do His will.
I will obey Him and I will exercise Faith in Him.
So will Christendom's some 2.3 billion Christians.
The Lord Jesus prayed 3 times in Gethsemane Father let this cup
pass from me nevertheless not my will, but thy will be done.
This in my attitude.
God created me. He has the right to command me. I will obey Him.
Because I love Him.
I love Him for what He did for me on Calvary's Cross.

More later , , ,

JAG

`Bible Verses For Today:
"Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."
Isaiah 5:21

``

No. It requires a mind to realise the concept of logic, but what the concepts refer to don't. If there were no minds, logic would still prevail.
What do "concept" refer to and denote? And if it is logically impossible to know of a state or reality where logic and minds don't exist together, then it is even impossible to imagine such a state.
If there were no minds, a rock would still be a rock, as recognised by the Law of Identity.
And FYI the Law of Identity, the Law of Non-Contradiction and the Law of Excluded Middle presupposes and implies the existence of a believing mind.
Logic is about the recognition that certain things can only be what they are. For example, if P then Q, or, A=A. That this is so means it's absolute and non contingent.
Actually the recognition that certain things can only be" known for "what they are" implies the preexistence and necessity of a believing mind in order to acknowledge the existence of logic and its implementation in reality. And that's perfectly consistent with if P then Q, or, A=A. That means that a absolute mind is necessary in order to host the existence of logic, truth and consciousness, as these concepts are the products or attributes of God's mind.

What do "concept" refer to and denote? And if it is logically impossible to know of a state or reality where logic and minds don't exist together, then it is even impossible to imagine such a state.
Right, so?
And FYI the Law of Identity, the Law of Non-Contradiction and the Law of Excluded Middle presupposes and implies the existence of a believing mind.
But what they refer to doesn't.
Actually the recognition that certain things can only be" known for "what they are" implies the preexistence and necessity of a believing mind in order to acknowledge the existence of logic and its implementation in reality.
Yes, but what the logic refers to doesn't necessarily.

And that's perfectly consistent with if P then Q, or, A=A. That means that a absolute mind is necessary in order to host the existence of logic, truth and consciousness, as these concepts are the products or attributes of God's mind.
No. Can God make a square circle?

Not fair according to your personal current understanding of the word "fair."

The mind is a part of the whole person, but that does not mean the path to Faith in God is
through the intellect. Its not. Rather the path to faith in God is through the heart. The heart has
to do with what is really important which is LOVE -- first LOVE God with all your heart, mind, and
soul -- next LOVE your neighbor as you love yourself.

True.
Christendom has about 2.3 billion adherents so you will get some of just about anything and everything.

Yes.
Yes based upon what I know about why God set it up that way.
Faith is a simple test to determine who will be God?
{1} Will it be WIF?
or
{2} Will it be the God that created you.
Your answer is {1) , , , you can spin it and you can wiggle, but it boils down to what the Jews cried out
to Pilate "We will NOT have this man to reign over us."
This is exactly what you, de facto, are telling God , , I will not have you to reign over me.
God says Okay have it your way, I will give you what you demand I give you.
By the way, what God allows you to have that you demand is the perish of John 3:16
Remember as Eternity rolls on and on that you demanded it.
So who will be God?
This same simple test was made in the Garden.
Do not eat of a certain tree.
You can eat from all trees except one.
Don't eat of that tree. , , , , "Wet paint, Do not touch."
But Eve wanted to "be as God" says the text and so she took
and ate.
Its the same principle: Who will be God.
Both Adam and Eve said, in effect, We will NOT have God to reign over us.
But I JAG will have God to reign over me.
I will obey God.
I will do His will.
I will obey Him and I will exercise Faith in Him.
So will Christendom's some 2.3 billion Christians.
The Lord Jesus prayed 3 times in Gethsemane Father let this cup
pass from me nevertheless not my will, but thy will be done.
This in my attitude.
God created me. He has the right to command me. I will obey Him.
Because I love Him.
I love Him for what He did for me on Calvary's Cross.

More later , , ,

JAG

`Bible Verses For Today:

``
I thought a lot about how to reply to this in a productive manner, but failed.

I will just say about the Bible verse, I don't think I am always wise, sometimes but certainly not always, and I don't think I'm that clever. I know there are some posters here, no names, who know more than I and think more thoroughly than I. That's one reason why I'm here, I enjoy reading their posts and they make me think, which is usually a good thing.

I thought a lot about how to reply to this in a productive manner, but failed.

I will just say about the Bible verse, I don't think I am always wise, sometimes but certainly not always, and I don't think I'm that clever. I know there are some posters here, no names, who know more than I and think more thoroughly than I. That's one reason why I'm here, I enjoy reading their posts and they make me think, which is usually a good thing.
WIF,
Good post -- much appreciated.

The Bible verse that says , , ,

, , , , was not directed only at you, but was just a general Biblical truth
that applies to all we human beings.

However I am glad that you gave it some thought -- I need to also give it some thought.
As do we all.

Best.

JAG

WIF,
Good post -- much appreciated.

The Bible verse that says , , ,

, , , , was not directed only at you, but was just a general Biblical truth
that applies to all we human beings.

However I am glad that you gave it some thought -- I need to also give it some thought.
As do we all.

Best.

JAG
Great. Another thing I've learned that is also worthy of thought, and I'm saying this in a general manner, is that the world is more complicated than we as individuals might think. Knowing that you don't know it all is a good thing, at the very least it should make you not be too quick to dismiss what others think.

Reactions: JAG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back