All six members of the goon squad sentenced for torture and rape of black men

Open Heart

Let me give this context by saying I am virulently opposed to any racism by anyone towards anyone, including the tendency of those on the left to hate white people and Jews. But in this particular case, the obvious racism was directed at two black men, and this form of racism is common and has a lot of history.

Basically you had six cops in Jackson, Mississippi that were known to be "the Goon Squad." They were abusive jerks in general, with a long history of harassing and assaulting LOTS of people including whites. But this one particular assault went way beyond anything they had done previously.

A neighborhood woman had called the police to complain about seeing black men in a home owned by a white woman, as if a white woman can't have black guests. The cops broke into the home without any warrant or reasonable cause. For an hour and a half they repeatedly raped and tortured the two men, using stun guns, a sex toy, and other object to sodomize them, all while repeatedly calling them the N word. One cop literally put his gun in one victim's mouth and PULLED THE TRIGGER. Amazingly, the victim survived, but his jaw and tongue are totally messed up. Afterwards, they engaged in a conspiracy which included their boss to cover it up. They planted drugs and a gun, which led to the arrest of one of the victims, and threatened to send him to jail for years.

All six pleaded guilty to state charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy to hinder prosecution, and all six have now been sentenced, ranging from 5 to 30 years, by the state court. They have yet to be tried and sentenced in Federal court, so the likelihood is that their sentences will be increased when they face their Federal crimes.

The uncovering of this plot has led to serious questions about the Jackson police department, and law enforcement in Mississippi in general. Remember these guys all had long histories of police brutality. Why were they still employed?

One big factor is that even when the police chief wants to fire bad cops, the police union gets involved and prevents it. I am very, very pro-union, but there have to be limits. The police union supports corruption, and needs to be successfully curtailed from this.

It also certainly raises the question of how common anti-black racism might be in Mississippi. Some prejudices have a hard time dying.

But at any rate, it is very clear that while most police are good decent human beings who want to serve and protect, that police culture supports abuse. It's got to change, and all of us need to play a role in that by putting pressure on our elected officials.

Let me give this context by saying I am virulently opposed to any racism by anyone towards anyone, including the tendency of those on the left to hate white people and Jews. But in this particular case, the obvious racism was directed at two black men, and this form of racism is common and has a lot of history.

Basically you had six cops in Jackson, Mississippi that were known to be "the Goon Squad." They were abusive jerks in general, with a long history of harassing and assaulting LOTS of people including whites. But this one particular assault went way beyond anything they had done previously.

A neighborhood woman had called the police to complain about seeing black men in a home owned by a white woman, as if a white woman can't have black guests. The cops broke into the home without any warrant or reasonable cause. For an hour and a half they repeatedly raped and tortured the two men, using stun guns, a sex toy, and other object to sodomize them, all while repeatedly calling them the N word. One cop literally put his gun in one victim's mouth and PULLED THE TRIGGER. Amazingly, the victim survived, but his jaw and tongue are totally messed up. Afterwards, they engaged in a conspiracy which included their boss to cover it up. They planted drugs and a gun, which led to the arrest of one of the victims, and threatened to send him to jail for years.

All six pleaded guilty to state charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy to hinder prosecution, and all six have now been sentenced, ranging from 5 to 30 years, by the state court. They have yet to be tried and sentenced in Federal court, so the likelihood is that their sentences will be increased when they face their Federal crimes.

The uncovering of this plot has led to serious questions about the Jackson police department, and law enforcement in Mississippi in general. Remember these guys all had long histories of police brutality. Why were they still employed?

One big factor is that even when the police chief wants to fire bad cops, the police union gets involved and prevents it. I am very, very pro-union, but there have to be limits. The police union supports corruption, and needs to be successfully curtailed from this.

It also certainly raises the question of how common anti-black racism might be in Mississippi. Some prejudices have a hard time dying.

But at any rate, it is very clear that while most police are good decent human beings who want to serve and protect, that police culture supports abuse. It's got to change, and all of us need to play a role in that by putting pressure on our elected officials.
Just a quick search of Christian Dedmon, the guy that got 40 years, reveals him to be an Evangelical and COVID denier, who hates Black Lives Matter.

color me shocked

Just a quick search of Christian Dedmon, the guy that got 40 years, reveals him to be an Evangelical and COVID denier, who hates Black Lives Matter.

color me shocked
I know a lot of blacks who hate black lives matter, and are COVID denying anti-vaxxers.

Color you horrified, and them intelligent. ?

the police union gets involved and prevents it. I am very, very pro-union, but there have to be limits. The police union supports corruption, and needs to be successfully curtailed from this.
That part sounds very much like the democrat platform.

I'm glad to hear this. I saw about this when it first came out last year with charges against them. Truly horrific, and one perfect illustration of why I refuse to join in the 'Back the Blue' movement.
To give even more context, one of the officers, Christian Dedmon, is the relative of Deryl Dedmon who, with a group of friends, went to a nearby town in 2011 and used their car to run down and then repeatedly run over a black man until he was dead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Craig_Anderson (It also appears the mother of Christian and Deryl is a drug dealer: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/08/the-rest-of-story-christian-edition.html )

I'm glad to hear this. I saw about this when it first came out last year with charges against them. Truly horrific, and one perfect illustration of why I refuse to join in the 'Back the Blue' movement.
To give even more context, one of the officers, Christian Dedmon, is the relative of Deryl Dedmon who, with a group of friends, went to a nearby town in 2011 and used their car to run down and then repeatedly run over a black man until he was dead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Craig_Anderson (It also appears the mother of Christian and Deryl is a drug dealer: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/08/the-rest-of-story-christian-edition.html )
wow

Wow!!!, what a great reason to refuse to “back the blue!” Everyone knows that one bad cop (six, in this case) makes all cops bad. One bad Muslim = all Muslims bad. One bad Black = all Blacks bad.

Your tolerance and acceptance has restored my faith in the fact that the hypocrisy of some folks is limitless. Tell me again, what does SlaveForChrist mean?

Wow!!!, what a great reason to refuse to “back the blue!” Everyone knows that one bad cop (six, in this case) makes all cops bad. One bad Muslim = all Muslims bad. One bad Black = all Blacks bad.

Your tolerance and acceptance has restored my faith in the fact that the hypocrisy of some folks is limitless. Tell me again, what does SlaveForChrist mean?
Interesting reaction (especially the failure to address the OP and instead zero in on a fellow Christian calling out sinful and egregious behavior)

You appear to belive Jesus would have been okay with this consistent behavior by police forces across the country. I do not, and won't back police forces until they clean house and change their ways. Because it's not simply "six" police here. It is the administrative structure and co-workers that allowed this to continue and hid it (this wasn't the first incident like this by the officers) until finally it got out and embarrassed them publicly via this trial.

color me shocked
Did you make this up? Here's MSN on this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...oon-squad-gets-40-years-in-prison/ar-BB1keSTC

Christian Dedmon is not the Evangelical. It sounds more like the victim was: "That night I saw the devil. I saw the devil in my home where we were supposed to be safe...if God wasn't there we wouldn't be here."

Your hatred for truth has blinded your commentary again.

Interesting reaction (especially the failure to address the OP and instead zero in on a fellow Christian calling out sinful and egregious behavior)

You appear to belive Jesus would have been okay with this consistent behavior by police forces across the country. I do not, and won't back police forces until they clean house and change their ways. Because it's not simply "six" police here. It is the administrative structure and co-workers that allowed this to continue and hid it (this wasn't the first incident like this by the officers) until finally it got out and embarrassed them publicly via this trial.
I was responding particularly to your post and what I consider your intolerance.

I'm not the one condemning everyone because of a few bad apples.

I don't think I said anything about what I believe Jesus would do, you brought Him into this. He ate in the home of sinners, he talked with a divorced woman at a well, He even picked a tax collector to be one of his disciples. It sounds as if He didn't look at a whole class of people as being wicked as you are doing.

If I had to guess what denomination you belong to, I would say a Pentecostal Holiness. They are the only perfect Christians I know of.

Last edited:
I was responding particularly to your post and what I consider your intolerance.
You sound like a liberal
I'm not the one condemning everyone because of a few bad apples.
Except it's not a few bad apples (btw I suggest you rethink your use of that statement and investigate the actual saying - a few bad apples spoil the bunch).

It's a lot of them, plus the majority of people turning a blind eye or even actively helping cover for their behavior (which makes that bad apples actual saying stand true) It's a systemic countrywide police force issue made worse by the police unions. One need only look what happens to those who stand up and whistleblow to see the state of things. They're called rats, threatened, attacked physically, even killed.
I don't think I said anything about what I believe Jesus would do, you brought Him into this. He ate in the home of sinners, he talked with a divorced woman at a well, He even picked a tax collector to be one of his disciples. It sounds as if He didn't look at a whole class of people as being wicked as you are doing.
He did. He did not, however, condone the assault and rape of others, and was quite willing to call people out. Again you're sounding like a liberal here.
If I had to guess what denomination you belong to, I would say a Pentecostal Holiness. They are the only perfect Christians I know of.
Far off my friend. WELS.

You sound like a liberal

Except it's not a few bad apples (btw I suggest you rethink your use of that statement and investigate the actual saying - a few bad apples spoil the bunch).

It's a lot of them, plus the majority of people turning a blind eye or even actively helping cover for their behavior (which makes that bad apples actual saying stand true) It's a systemic countrywide police force issue made worse by the police unions. One need only look what happens to those who stand up and whistleblow to see the state of things. They're called rats, threatened, attacked physically, even killed.

He did. He did not, however, condone the assault and rape of others, and was quite willing to call people out. Again you're sounding like a liberal here.

Far off my friend. WELS.
I don't see any further reason to talk to you.

Back