All six members of the goon squad sentenced for torture and rape of black men

I don't see any further reason to talk to you.
Yes, the response of someone who can't formulate an argument any further because he knows he's wrong (I guess mistakenly self-pwning with your 'bad apples' bit must have been the last straw). I understand.

Yes, the response of someone who can't formulate an argument any further because he knows he's wrong (I guess mistakenly self-pwning with your 'bad apples' bit must have been the last straw). I understand.
That doesn’t work for me. I recognize self-righteousness and what you say/think doesn’t matter to me. Don’t waste any more of your time.

Let me give this context by saying I am virulently opposed to any racism by anyone towards anyone, including the tendency of those on the left to hate white people and Jews. But in this particular case, the obvious racism was directed at two black men, and this form of racism is common and has a lot of history.

Basically you had six cops in Jackson, Mississippi that were known to be "the Goon Squad." They were abusive jerks in general, with a long history of harassing and assaulting LOTS of people including whites. But this one particular assault went way beyond anything they had done previously.

A neighborhood woman had called the police to complain about seeing black men in a home owned by a white woman, as if a white woman can't have black guests. The cops broke into the home without any warrant or reasonable cause. For an hour and a half they repeatedly raped and tortured the two men, using stun guns, a sex toy, and other object to sodomize them, all while repeatedly calling them the N word. One cop literally put his gun in one victim's mouth and PULLED THE TRIGGER. Amazingly, the victim survived, but his jaw and tongue are totally messed up. Afterwards, they engaged in a conspiracy which included their boss to cover it up. They planted drugs and a gun, which led to the arrest of one of the victims, and threatened to send him to jail for years.

All six pleaded guilty to state charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy to hinder prosecution, and all six have now been sentenced, ranging from 5 to 30 years, by the state court. They have yet to be tried and sentenced in Federal court, so the likelihood is that their sentences will be increased when they face their Federal crimes.

The uncovering of this plot has led to serious questions about the Jackson police department, and law enforcement in Mississippi in general. Remember these guys all had long histories of police brutality. Why were they still employed?

One big factor is that even when the police chief wants to fire bad cops, the police union gets involved and prevents it. I am very, very pro-union, but there have to be limits. The police union supports corruption, and needs to be successfully curtailed from this.

It also certainly raises the question of how common anti-black racism might be in Mississippi. Some prejudices have a hard time dying.

But at any rate, it is very clear that while most police are good decent human beings who want to serve and protect, that police culture supports abuse. It's got to change, and all of us need to play a role in that by putting pressure on our elected officials.
I'm sorry for the way this thread has turned, but I wanted to signal my appreciation for this post. Reading the story, i would have thought sixties during the civil rights unrest...These are like caricature cops, evil men...straight out of the worst novels. What possesses men to do this to each other?

I ask myself that, then turn to the open borders, and read of the profits the cartels are making selling child-slaves to Americans without any government restraint, and I know...These are the days of Pogo's return: the enemy has become us.

I'm sorry for the way this thread has turned, but I wanted to signal my appreciation for this post. Reading the story, i would have thought sixties during the civil rights unrest...These are like caricature cops, evil men...straight out of the worst novels. What possesses men to do this to each other?

I ask myself that, then turn to the open borders, and read of the profits the cartels are making selling child-slaves to Americans without any government restraint, and I know...These are the days of Pogo's return: the enemy has become us.
I agree with you; these are evil men who had no business being policemen. They are the personification of evil and depravity. But to refuse to support ANY policemen because of the actions of scum like these 6, and then double-down on it makes no sense to me.

The policeman who was just murdered in New York by a career criminal is an example of those who go out every day and put their lives on the line to protect people, some of whom, evidently, consider them to be criminals and thugs themselves.

I’m 82 years old, a veteran, a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, I’ve been around the block a few times, and it burns me up for someone to make a blanket condemnation of some group because of the actions of a relatively few.

I agree with you; these are evil men who had no business being policemen. They are the personification of evil and depravity. But to refuse to support ANY policemen because of the actions of scum like these 6, and then double-down on it makes no sense to me.

The policeman who was just murdered in New York by a career criminal is an example of those who go out every day and put their lives on the line to protect people, some of whom, evidently, consider them to be criminals and thugs themselves.

I’m 82 years old, a veteran, a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, I’ve been around the block a few times, and it burns me up for someone to make a blanket condemnation of some group because of the actions of a relatively few.
This means a lot to me. You've earned my respect by just breathing for this length of time. May God richly bless you and yours and theirs...to every generation you get to see. AND may you be blessed to enjoy each and every generation you have engendered.

Back