I'm sad because a Christian doesn't approve

Unknown Soldier:
The Bible contradicts itself on the matter of how to attain salvation. Paul preached faith, and Jesus preached faith plus works. Jesus said to attain eternal life one must keep the commandments and follow Him after giving all to the poor. Have you done so? If not, you aren't saved from the lake of fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
You don't get it do you.....You can't keep the commandments....
You contradict Jesus. In Matthew 19:17 we read: "...if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” That's quite clear. What don't you understand about it? I'm guessing that you'd rather sin than keep the commandments, so you deny what Jesus preached so that you may continue to sin.
HE DID IT FOR YOU.
Using colorful, oversized font doesn't change the facts. You violate the Gospel as much as any Mormon ever did.
There is no contradiction.
There are thousands of Christian sects telling people how to get to heaven or whatever paradise they have to offer. You would think that God could get the job done with just one group.

Who said anything about hating Mormons? I certainly did not and neither did Sister Janice. So why would you come to that conclusion? But I will tell you what I do hate? I hate sin, and I hate false teachings. If you do not hate these things then there is something wrong with your Christianity. And what do you know about Mormons anyway?

I did read where you said, "As far as I'm concerned, the Mormons officially say they are Christians, so I accept that they are Christians." You also made this claim. "You are welcome to test my basic understanding of the Bible and Christianity." Ok, let me take you up on that with the following two questions?

Can God the Father of the Bible be seen with the physical eyes, yes or not? According to Mormon prophet Joseph Smith God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in his first vision in 1820. Smith ask them which Church he should join. He was told that he must not join none of them, for they were all corrupt wrong. The personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt and their hearts are far from me.

So Mr. Bible, :rolleyes: Which of these two positions above are true?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Bumped for the Unknown Soldier. Still waiting for an answer! And btw, after reading all your post you need to "KNOW" Jesus Christ. To me this is what's really SAD.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

You contradict Jesus. In Matthew 19:17 we read: "...if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” That's quite clear. What don't you understand about it? I'm guessing that you'd rather sin than keep the commandments, so you deny what Jesus preached so that you may continue to sin.
OK, I'll play along....How many of the commandments do I need to keep? 8% of them? How about 37%? or is it 92% of the commandments....or will you say 100%?
Using colorful, oversized font doesn't change the facts. You violate the Gospel as much as any Mormon ever did.
Are you saying Jesus didn't die on the cross for our sins? I'll say it again in bigger fonts for you...Are you saying Jesus didn't die on the cross for our sins?
There are thousands of Christian sects telling people how to get to heaven or whatever paradise they have to offer. You would think that God could get the job done with just one group.
Are you saying being an atheist like you is the better ay?

We are oh so proud as we revile others. You just committed two sins in one sentence. I wonder if Mormons can do that.

She didn't "revile" anyone.
There is a saying, when you point a finger at others, there are three fingers pointing back at you.
In your case, there are about a hundred fingers pointing back at yourself.

You contradict Jesus. In Matthew 19:17 we read: "...if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” That's quite clear. What don't you understand about it?

Other than the fact that you're ignoring the rest of the entire New Testament?

I'm guessing that you'd rather sin than keep the commandments,

And you would be wrong.
You're obviously a very poor mind-reader, so don't quit your day job.

so you deny what Jesus preached so that you may continue to sin.

Wrong again.
Nobody here is in "favour" of sinning.

Did you ever come across the part where Jesus said, "Judge not"?

There are people who look at a hundred glasses, and say that they are all about half-full.
And then there are people like you, who claim they are all different (and therefore evil by being different) because they differ in fullness by a millimetre from one another.

Unknown Soldier:
So James--do you hate Mormons too?
Who said anything about hating Mormons?
Do you hate Mormons? Yes or no?
I certainly did not and neither did Sister Janice.
I didn't ask if you said you hate Mormons--I asked if you do hate Mormons. A polite answer to my question would be appreciated.
So why would you come to that conclusion?
I may well come to that conclusion if you remain evasive. To answer your question, I think that hatred and paranoia between Christian groups gets started when they point fingers at each other accusing the other side of heresy. History proves me to be right.

But let's face the facts; differences in doctrine don't result from Satanic influence or sinful men trying to deceive the unwary. Differences in doctrine come about as a result of a confusing, difficult to understand Bible. That and the truth that since people make up religion, then different people will make up different religion. No religion can be proved to be more valid than any other religion, and that includes your religion. Joseph Smith is no worse and no better than any self-appointed prophet of the Bible. He's just more recent and less traditional.
But I will tell you what I do hate? I hate sin, and I hate false teachings. If you do not hate these things then there is something wrong with your Christianity.
I think I'm on board with you here in that I hate lies.
And what do you know about Mormons anyway?
I've read the Book of Mormon and have attended a Mormon church after meeting with Missionaries. They are much like any Christian group.
I did read where you said, "As far as I'm concerned, the Mormons officially say they are Christians, so I accept that they are Christians." You also made this claim. "You are welcome to test my basic understanding of the Bible and Christianity." Ok, let me take you up on that with the following two questions?
Go for it.
Can God the Father of the Bible be seen with the physical eyes, yes or not?
I'm not sure what you mean by "physical eyes" ( aren't all eyes physical?), but Jacob at least said he saw God. Later John contradicted him saying no one has ever seen God. So we can't say if God can be seen or not. Again, the Bible is very confusing.
According to Mormon prophet Joseph Smith God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in his first vision in 1820. Smith ask them which Church he should join. He was told that he must not join none of them, for they were all corrupt wrong.
That sounds about right!
The personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt and their hearts are far from me.

So Mr. Bible, :rolleyes: Which of these two positions above are true?
Which "two positions" are you referring to? It's no wonder you Christians can't agree about your religion. You confuse each other.

Do you hate Mormons? Yes or no?

I didn't ask if you said you hate Mormons--I asked if you do hate Mormons. A polite answer to my question would be appreciated.

I may well come to that conclusion if you remain evasive. To answer your question, I think that hatred and paranoia between Christian groups gets started when they point fingers at each other accusing the other side of heresy. History proves me to be right.

But let's face the facts; differences in doctrine don't result from Satanic influence or sinful men trying to deceive the unwary. Differences in doctrine come about as a result of a confusing, difficult to understand Bible. That and the truth that since people make up religion, then different people will make up different religion. No religion can be proved to be more valid than any other religion, and that includes your religion. Joseph Smith is no worse and no better than any self-appointed prophet of the Bible. He's just more recent and less traditional.

I think I'm on board with you here in that I hate lies.

I've read the Book of Mormon and have attended a Mormon church after meeting with Missionaries. They are much like any Christian group.

Go for it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "physical eyes" ( aren't all eyes physical?), but Jacob at least said he saw God. Later John contradicted him saying no one has ever seen God. So we can't say if God can be seen or not. Again, the Bible is very confusing.

That sounds about right!

Which "two positions" are you referring to? It's no wonder you Christians can't agree about your religion. You confuse each other.
Oh, so now you want to dance with me? Quit trying to be "slick" with your words. NO, I do not hate Mormon people, period. In fact, I love Mormon people for Christ's sake.

And let's talk about the deception of men. Acts 20:27-31. "For I did not shrink from declaring the whole purpose of God. VSs28, "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Vs29, I know that after my departure SAVAGE WOLVES will come in among you, not sparing the flock; Vs30, and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverted things, to draw disciples after them. Vs31, "Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears."

So what Paul is saying is not only will the church be attacked from without, but also from within. And what do you think some of these perverted things are that Mormons teach? How about this one for starters. Satan and Jesus are spiritual brothers? Or they baptize for the dead thinking they will get a second chance of salvation. And btw, this included Hitler. Some Mormons even taught that God the Father had sex with Mary to produce Jesus. Need I go on?

Oh yea, you said this: "No religion can be proved to be more valid than any other religion, and that includes your religion. Joseph Smith is no worse and no better than any self-appointed prophet of the Bible. He's just more recent and less traditional." You want to bet? Let me make a "BIG" assumption here with the following question? How would you prove that "Abraham Lincoln" lived? That is IF you believe he did live.

On to what you said here. You said Jacob saw God? How do you know that he did? Do you believe everything you read? And where in the Bible does it say he saw God? And yes, I do mean those two little round things just above you nose. :rolleyes: Finally, the point of my question regarding seeing God with the eyes contradict Smiths testimony because Jesus Himself said God the Father cannot be seen John 1:18, John 5:37, John 6:46 and 1 Timothy 6:16. Who would you believe, Jesus Christ or little Joey Smith? To be blunt, your out of your league around here and you need Jesus Christ.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

No religion using the altered versions of Gods bible have Gods support, thus are not Christian. Its an illusion by satans( 2Cor 11:12-15) will. By satans will wicked men removed Gods name in over 7000 places where God willed his name to be. Because God wants his name in every one of those spots-nearly 6800-OT, and over 200 NT. Thus ones religions shows who they support on the matter of Gods name. Jesus is clear in the Lords prayer-The #1 issue to all is Gods name. Jesus would not use those altered versions if he were here today. Neither does his real religion, they give 100% support to the matter of Gods name.
Here is the NAME of GOD in Matt.28:19 ( Father, Son. & Holy Spirit - the Trinity ) -----

Matthew 28:19
New International Version

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

The dety of Christ is taught in the New Testament.
So it predates "Catholicsm".
I'm sorry for your ignorance of the Bible.

I believe Isaiah, "mighty God".
I believe John, "the word was God".
I believe Thomas, "My Lord and my God!"
I believe Luke, "the church purchased by God with His own blood".
I believe Paul, "the Christ, who is God over all, Amen!"
I believe Paul, 'Christ Jesus, who was in the form of God".
I believe Paul, "the fullness of the Godhead bodily".
I believe Paul, "our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ".
I believe the author of Hebres, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever".
I believe Peter, "our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ".

Btw, you are quoting from 1 Cor. 8:6, which is Paul's expansion of the Sh'ma (Deut. 6:4-5), where he identifes both that Father ("God") and Jesus ("Lord") as the one true God of Deut. 6:4.

Btw, Paul was a devout Jew, a "Hebrew of Hebrews", from the tribe of Benjamin (in case you weren't aware).
Jesus answers you--John 20:17--Why wont you believe him? Because of errors and twisting what is said. I already showed you the word is not called-God in the Greek lexicons at John 1:1-god small g is correct. Its 100% undeniable fact of written history--NO trinity was ever served prior to Catholicism adding the holy spirit as apart of a godhead in 381 ce at the council of Constantinople. You best relook.

I agree God is God and Christ, a deity!, is His son. Christ took a Huge step down, when he came here to this hell willingly, incarnating in this horrible flesh body to save us.
Jesus was never God. YHVH(Jehovah) is the only true God. If you didnt use altered translations you would know that fact.

LOL--All versions of "God's word" have been altered. Logically, no real God would author a book especially a book as confusing as the Bible.

I don't know what you're talking about here.

Jesus commanded in the Lord's prayer to rely on God for provisions. Do you do that?

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness.
Gods real religion has Gods truth revealed through them via holy spirit. It is NOT found in the schools of men where 99% of the religions claiming to be christian think it is.

the version of trinity that you fight or understand is through a Greek 'One' in which everything collapses and there is no relationship... and no sons... it is a shame because so quickly after Christ so much Greek theology was overlaid by the vatican, making a mess... so yes there were arguments, naturally since the greek theology cannot, though they did, overlay or synchronize to God's words ...

The false concepts are mainly aristotelian substance / platonic forms. Which have nothing to do with God.
Yes Catholicism=2Thess 2:3 and every trinity religion on earth.

Here is the NAME of GOD in Matt.28:19 ( Father, Son. & Holy Spirit - the Trinity ) -----

Matthew 28:19​

New International Version​

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
That isn't a name you are twisting it. In Isaiah in Gods real translation he says-I am YHVH(Jehovah) besides me( not we) there is no other God.

Oh, so now you want to dance with me?
Sure--if you don't try to lead.
Quit trying to be "slick" with your words.
We all need to be on the lookout for such slick talkers. They betray themselves with empty promises being long on words and short on substance.
NO, I do not hate Mormon people, period. In fact, I love Mormon people for Christ's sake.
In what way do you love Mormons? Christians are quick to claim people who criticize their beliefs hate them. To be consistent, such Christians need to avow that their criticizing the beliefs of others also constitutes hatred for those others.
And let's talk about the deception of men.
People can be very deceptive; that's for sure. That's why I tend to doubt until I see. Deceivers are long on talk and very short on delivery.
Acts 20:27-31. "For I did not shrink from declaring the whole purpose of God. VSs28, "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Vs29, I know that after my departure SAVAGE WOLVES will come in among you, not sparing the flock; Vs30, and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverted things, to draw disciples after them. Vs31, "Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears."
How do you know Paul is not one of those "savage wolves"? It seems reasonable to me that if Paul was really speaking for God, then no man or savage wolf could possibly hope to oppose Paul.

Have you thought of that?
So what Paul is saying is not only will the church be attacked from without, but also from within.
Again, a real God and his followers need not worry about puny little men attacking them. Have you considered this obvious fact?
And what do you think some of these perverted things are that Mormons teach? How about this one for starters. Satan and Jesus are spiritual brothers?
I've read stranger things in the Bible.
Or they baptize for the dead thinking they will get a second chance of salvation.
Second chances are always a plus.
And btw, this included Hitler.
Mormons baptized Hitler's body?
Some Mormons even taught that God the Father had sex with Mary to produce Jesus. Need I go on?
Yes--it's getting very interesting. What's wrong with God copulating with Mary? I understand that copulation is a handy way to get a woman pregnant.
Oh yea, you said this: "No religion can be proved to be more valid than any other religion, and that includes your religion. Joseph Smith is no worse and no better than any self-appointed prophet of the Bible. He's just more recent and less traditional." You want to bet?
What's your wager? Please prove your religion is better than Mormonism.
Let me make a "BIG" assumption here with the following question? How would you prove that "Abraham Lincoln" lived? That is IF you believe he did live.
I don't know how to prove Lincoln lived. What's your point?
On to what you said here. You said Jacob saw God? How do you know that he did? Do you believe everything you read?
LOL--I just read in the Bible that Jacob saw God, so obviously I don't know if it's true.
And where in the Bible does it say he saw God?
Genesis 32:30.
And yes, I do mean those two little round things just above you nose. :rolleyes: Finally, the point of my question regarding seeing God with the eyes contradict Smiths testimony because Jesus Himself said God the Father cannot be seen John 1:18, John 5:37, John 6:46 and 1 Timothy 6:16.
Then we have a contradiction in the Bible. I'd recommend you check the Bible for consistency.
Who would you believe, Jesus Christ or little Joey Smith?
Neither one if I don't see some substance from them, and both of them are lacking in that regard.
To be blunt, your out of your league around here...
And you're in need of better writing skills. If you want to boast, then you end up looking silly when you use the wrong word.
and you need Jesus Christ.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
You may wish to have him tutor you in using proper English. If you follow a perfect God, then at the very least have him make you a good writer.

Jesus was never God. YHVH(Jehovah) is the only true God. If you didnt use altered translations you would know that fact.
i use my own translations. : )

I never said jesus is God. not once. I did say he is deity.

Gods real religion has Gods truth revealed through them via holy spirit. It is NOT found in the schools of men where 99% of the religions claiming to be christian think it is.
But people who claim to have truths from the Holy Ghost often contradict each other. How do you then decide who's telling the truth and who isn't? Plus, if the Holy Ghost reveals truths by personal revelation, then there's no need for the Bible. Why, then, is there a Bible?

But people who claim to have truths from the Holy Ghost often contradict each other. How do you then decide who's telling the truth and who isn't? Plus, if the Holy Ghost reveals truths by personal revelation, then there's no need for the Bible. Why, then, is there a Bible?
The teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers all the way, in every translation on earth. Trus God worship history, back the JW teachers all the way.

Back