What I went through because of Christianity.

I suppose, but that doesn't keep people from trying to be God. It appears to me that God is actually the person who claims to be God. It's like the Wizard of Oz: He put up a display of fire and smoke as the great and wonderful Wizard of Oz while he was actually a humbug--a man hiding behind a curtain.

Yes but trying doesn't make it so.
But the Bible does promise answers to prayers. Where are those answers?
They have to be in the line with the will of God. He will not answer prayers that another be harmed for example.
I never read that in the beatitudes.

Yes many underpriviledged will be blessed, yet are they in this world?
If all else fails, then turn to sin by hating your enemy and reviling him.

I don't hate anyone. Hate is a harmful emotion and produces nothing good. When did you become my enemy I must have missed it?
Then give thanks to me for my efforts to reason with you and inform you. I don't see any gratitude from you for that.
Why you haven't informed me of anything other than you point of view which is flawed.

Actually, the Bible doesn’t promise the answers you want.

“Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume itupon your lusts.”
James 4:3

“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”
1 John 5:14-15

“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
Matthew 6:10
What's to keep you from falsely accusing a good person of wrongdoing to save your belief in prayer? In addition to myself I know a lot of good people who pray yet "receive not." I haven't seen you receive anything through prayer. No doubt that's because you ask amiss to consume upon your lusts.

What's to keep you from falsely accusing a good person of wrongdoing to save your belief in prayer? In addition to myself I know a lot of good people who pray yet "receive not." I haven't seen you receive anything through prayer. No doubt that's because you ask amiss to consume upon your lusts.
I’ve received plenty in prayer actually. Better than I even expected in fact. Recently too.

The Bible doesn’t say anything about receiving the answer you desire to prayer for being ‘good’. God isn’t a genie in a bottle here to grant wishes either. The truth is, people are selfish by nature and pretend to pray for only selfish things that God has no use for. It is not the place of the creation to demand from the creator or tell Him how to operate.

Are these ‘good’ people you mention repentant,faithful John 3:3 reborn believers?

Sorry, but according to the scriptures you’re not ‘good’. I am not good. Neither are the people you speak of. No one is ‘good’ but God. Mark 10:18. I am not ‘falsely accusing’ only going by His word.

Do you or your friends have unconfessed sin? Referring to yourselves as ‘good’ suggests so.

“But your iniquities have separated you from your God;and your sins have hidden His face from you,so that He will not hear.”
Isaiah 52:3

Also, you don’t appear to be a Christian but rather have disdain for the Faith and God. Of course your prayers wouldn’t be answered. How do you yourself respond to people who ask demandingly of you meanwhile they hate you?

“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
James 1:6-8

“The fear of the wicked will come upon him, and the desire of the righteous will be granted.”
Proverbs 10:24

“Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.”
John 9:31

I’ve received plenty in prayer actually. Better than I even expected in fact. Recently too.
May I see those wonders, or am I to just take your word for it?
The Bible doesn’t say anything about receiving the answer you desire to prayer for being ‘good’.
That's incorrect. See James 5:16.
God isn’t a genie in a bottle here to grant wishes either. The truth is, people are selfish by nature and pretend to pray for only selfish things that God has no use for.
Many people say they pray for others. They often say they pray for me, but I've never noticed it. So it appears that even prayer that isn't selfish doesn't do any good.
It is not the place of the creation to demand from the creator or tell Him how to operate.
Then why pray if God already operates the way He wills to?
Are these ‘good’ people you mention repentant,faithful John 3:3 reborn believers?
Many of them are. Please keep in mind that if you denigrate those who pray, then you denigrate many Christians.
Sorry, but according to the scriptures you’re not ‘good’. I am not good. Neither are the people you speak of. No one is ‘good’ but God. Mark 10:18. I am not ‘falsely accusing’ only going by His word.
I think that most people are good most of the time and deserve to be treated well. I help people when I can. If God wants us to give to others and help them, then it seems reasonable to me that he would set a good example for us by helping us.
Do you or your friends have unconfessed sin? Referring to yourselves as ‘good’ suggests so.
Essentially everybody sins and won't admit it. Would you like to confess your sins? What sin are you committing?
Also, you don’t appear to be a Christian but rather have disdain for the Faith and God.
I used to be a very devout Christian and prayed earnestly. My prayers never bore fruit.
Of course your prayers wouldn’t be answered.
I'm still waiting to see your prayers answered, Mister Condescending, Self-Righteous Christian.
How do you yourself respond to people who ask demandingly of you meanwhile they hate you?
I don't know of anybody who hates me, but if they did hate me, then I'd look at myself to see why. Perhaps they despise me for refusing to help hurting people.
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
James 1:6-8
In other words, blame your victims for your religion's failure.
“The fear of the wicked will come upon him, and the desire of the righteous will be granted.”
Proverbs 10:24
I assume you classify yourself with the righteous. Is that correct? If so, then let's see those prayers of yours answered!
“Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.”
John 9:31
So you're not a sinner? Based on my own observations, sinners tend to have better luck than the saints. You might then be wrong.

May I see those wonders, or am I to just take your word for it?

That's incorrect. See James 5:16.

Many people say they pray for others. They often say they pray for me, but I've never noticed it. So it appears that even prayer that isn't selfish doesn't do any good.

Then why pray if God already operates the way He wills to?

Many of them are. Please keep in mind that if you denigrate those who pray, then you denigrate many Christians.

I think that most people are good most of the time and deserve to be treated well. I help people when I can. If God wants us to give to others and help them, then it seems reasonable to me that he would set a good example for us by helping us.

Essentially everybody sins and won't admit it. Would you like to confess your sins? What sin are you committing?

I used to be a very devout Christian and prayed earnestly. My prayers never bore fruit.

I'm still waiting to see your prayers answered, Mister Condescending, Self-Righteous Christian.

I don't know of anybody who hates me, but if they did hate me, then I'd look at myself to see why. Perhaps they despise me for refusing to help hurting people.

In other words, blame your victims for your religion's failure.

I assume you classify yourself with the righteous. Is that correct? If so, then let's see those prayers of yours answered!

So you're not a sinner? Based on my own observations, sinners tend to have better luck than the saints. You might then be wrong.
Who said anything about ‘wonders’? LOL..do you really think that prayer answers are some pentecostalist hocus pocus abberacadabbera? Wrong.

As for James 5:16, problem is, you’re not righteous, not even a follower of Christ.

My religion is not any failure at all. You’re still trying to claim that the pentecostalist religion and their nonsense hocus pocus is biblical Christianity. It ain’t. Also, narrow is the way, and few there be. Matthew 7:14.

As for John 9:31, it isn’t me that is wrong, that isn’t my words, that is God’s words, you’re claiming He is wrong. So you know better than He does? LOL, ok.

How do you know that those who you claim are ‘sinners’ aren’t down on their knees before God begging Him for forgiveness every time they fall short? That is the righteous man who’s prayer avails much in James 5:16..not the self-righteous who think they are ‘good’ and are angry at God because He doesn’t bow down to their self-absorbed, worldly, carnal, materialistic desires.

Be thankful your prayers aren’t answered as you want, as you continue to go against God because I tell you this there are plenty of people who think they are right with God and have materialistic ‘blessings’ they think are from Him meanwhile they are living in opposition to Him, it is deception and they will continue on in their ways as a result. So, that is a blessing from God, one you ought to be thankful for, He isnt allowing you to go on in deception in that regard. Not the magical pentecostalist hocus pocus you had in mind? Too bad. God isn’t a sideshow magician at a carnival.

You also should change the title of this thread to ‘what I went through because of the pentecostalist religion’. They aren’t biblical Christianity.

Who said anything about ‘wonders’? LOL..do you really think that prayer answers are some pentecostalist hocus pocus abberacadabbera? Wrong.
Jesus as well as Paul referred to God's miraculous responses as "wonders." See John 4:48 and Romans 15:19 as but two examples. You didn't know that?
As for James 5:16, problem is, you’re not righteous, not even a follower of Christ.
Many people who aren't Christians are very good people.
My religion is not any failure at all. You’re still trying to claim that the pentecostalist religion and their nonsense hocus pocus is biblical Christianity. It ain’t.
Actually I base my knowledge of Christian doctrine primarily on the Bible rather than any particular sect.
Also, narrow is the way, and few there be. Matthew 7:14.
I can see why so few!
As for John 9:31, it isn’t me that is wrong, that isn’t my words, that is God’s words, you’re claiming He is wrong.
It seems reasonable to me that a righteous God would want us to use our brains to see that sinners often live better than saints.
How do you know that those who you claim are ‘sinners’ aren’t down on their knees before God begging Him for forgiveness every time they fall short?
I don't see sinful Christians doing that. In fact, they often revel in their sin. You are one example.
That is the righteous man who’s prayer avails much in James 5:16..
Right. You denied that earlier.
...not the self-righteous who think they are ‘good’...
You wouldn't happen to be one of them? I can see that your prayer avails nothing.
...and are angry at God because He doesn’t bow down to their self-absorbed, worldly, carnal, materialistic desires.
You should warn people who are desperate from suffering that if they pray and it fails, then you will libel and mock them like this. Personally, I think that treating people like that is very wicked.

Anyway, I see that your earlier claims about your prayers are totally bogus. There's no con game like a religious con game.

Jesus as well as Paul referred to God's miraculous responses as "wonders." See John 4:48 and Romans 15:19 as but two examples. You didn't know that?

Many people who aren't Christians are very good people.

Actually I base my knowledge of Christian doctrine primarily on the Bible rather than any particular sect.

I can see why so few!

It seems reasonable to me that a righteous God would want us to use our brains to see that sinners often live better than saints.

I don't see sinful Christians doing that. In fact, they often revel in their sin. You are one example.

Right. You denied that earlier.

You wouldn't happen to be one of them? I can see that your prayer avails nothing.

You should warn people who are desperate from suffering that if they pray and it fails, then you will libel and mock them like this. Personally, I think that treating people like that is very wicked.

Anyway, I see that your earlier claims about your prayers are totally bogus. There's no con game like a religious con game.
Romans 15:19 is Paul talking about his experiences during his ministry. Nothing about his prayer life in that passage at all. He also actually saw Christ after His death and burial. No one has seen Him since..so, it helps to put things in proper context. Failure to do so = false doctrines, just like the pentecostalists told you.

That’s your opinion that people are good. Your standard doesn’t matter only God’s. See, He sees what goes on behind closed doors where a person’s true colors show, you don’t..only the front they put on to get along in public.

The things of God (His Word included) are spiritually discerned. As an unbeliever, you’re spiritually blind. You can’t discern a spiritual book via a carnal, worldly outlook.

Everyone has sin to their account. It is whether someone is repentant about it or not which is what matters.

You again also assume you know what goes on behind closed doors. People typically don’t get on their knees and cry out to God for forgiveness out in public. And if they do, it is unbiblical, often done for display, and is insincere. It is true though that many ‘Christians’ (so-called) revel in their sin.

I didn’t deny anything. James 5:16 I don’t deny at all. The prayer of a righteous man avails much. Now what is righteous according to the NT:

And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;“
Romans 4:22-24

Those who believe on Christ, which you do not.

You can’t see anything having to do with what I have prayed for. You’ve also no clue what I’ve prayed for.

I didn’t mock or ‘libel’ you at all. I think it’s wicked to twist and distort things like that. Besides, it isn’t my responsibility to coddle your feelings only to tell the Biblical truth. You were lied to by a deceptive religious group that isn’t biblical Christianity and slander all Christians with that thread title, I think that’s what is wicked. If you don’t like how you’re being treated, maybe look at how you treat others. That other poster was right you do seem quite bitter. You’re only reaping what you’ve sown.

There’s many many many millions of people suffering. Do you have food? Do you have clothing? Shelter? Many people struggle to even have those very basics. Some people don’t even have those. Many people are so grateful just for those basics. Virtually everyone suffers at some point in this life. Some even for the vast majority of their lives.

Seems you have all the answers, so why are you even here? On a Christian forum, when you said in your op you want Christians to keep their beliefs to themselves? Why come here and further expose yourself to their beliefs that you hate? Makes no sense. Unless you are just coming here to blame them for your problems and take your frustration out on them because you were duped by deceivers. Things definitely won’t get any better for you if you want to go that route in life.

And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;“

logizomai means to reason or reckon not "impute."

Romans 15:19 is Paul talking about his experiences during his ministry. Nothing about his prayer life in that passage at all.
I generally don't get into lengthy arguments with Christians about what they think Bible passages mean. Just let me say that to downplay Paul's belief about "wonders" and prayer is absurd. Whatever else might be said about Paul, he was a man of prayer.
He also actually saw Christ after His death and burial.
That's what we read.
No one has seen Him since..
John of Patmos also saw Jesus post ascension, or so we read in Revelation.
so, it helps to put things in proper context. Failure to do so = false doctrines, just like the pentecostalists told you.
Actually, I ended up telling the Pentecostals more about the Bible than what they told me. I studied it intensely at that time and often informed them about the Bible's contents facts that they didn't know.

Anyway, what's wrong with the Pentecostals? You Christians sure love to fight with each other.
That’s your opinion that people are good.
We all have an opinion!
Your standard doesn’t matter only God’s.
I don't really have moral standards but prefer to use reason and facts to arrive at what I should do. I also try to take the views of others into consideration regarding moral decisions.
See, He sees what goes on behind closed doors where a person’s true colors show, you don’t..only the front they put on to get along in public.
Why be so suspicious and paranoid about people? What they do in private can be good. I make sure to do good no matter where I am. I recommend it.
The things of God (His Word included) are spiritually discerned. As an unbeliever, you’re spiritually blind. You can’t discern a spiritual book via a carnal, worldly outlook.
As far as I can tell I understand the Bible as well as most believers do. If you'd like to display your supernatural discernment, though, then please inform us of the name of Joseph's father--the Joseph who was Mary's husband.
Everyone has sin to their account. It is whether someone is repentant about it or not which is what matters.
That's not correct. When Paul asserted that "all have sinned," he wasn't thinking about infants and those born cognitively impaired.
I didn’t deny anything. James 5:16 I don’t deny at all. The prayer of a righteous man avails much. Now what is righteous according to the NT:

Those who believe on Christ, which you do not.
I don't see how Christians are more righteous than others.
You can’t see anything having to do with what I have prayed for. You’ve also no clue what I’ve prayed for.
That's true. I cannot and do not see any results to your prayers.
I didn’t mock or ‘libel’ you at all.
You insulted me calling me "bitter." I'm not bitter at all. I just tell people the truth, and for them the truth is bitter.
I think it’s wicked to twist and distort things like that.
I didn't distort anything.
Besides, it isn’t my responsibility to coddle your feelings only to tell the Biblical truth. You were lied to by a deceptive religious group that isn’t biblical Christianity and slander all Christians with that thread title, I think that’s what is wicked.
I didn't slander anybody. Everything I posted is true to the best of my knowledge.
If you don’t like how you’re being treated, maybe look at how you treat others. That other poster was right you do seem quite bitter. You’re only reaping what you’ve sown.
It's really not a matter of how Christians treat me now because I now know better than to trust what they claim. What I'm out to do is prevent Christians from harming others.
There’s many many many millions of people suffering. Do you have food? Do you have clothing? Shelter? Many people struggle to even have those very basics. Some people don’t even have those. Many people are so grateful just for those basics. Virtually everyone suffers at some point in this life. Some even for the vast majority of their lives.
True, but what's your point? If you apply some logic, you'd conclude that prayer doesn't put an end to all that suffering.
Seems you have all the answers, so why are you even here? On a Christian forum, when you said in your op you want Christians to keep their beliefs to themselves? Why come here and further expose yourself to their beliefs that you hate? Makes no sense. Unless you are just coming here to blame them for your problems and take your frustration out on them because you were duped by deceivers. Things definitely won’t get any better for you if you want to go that route in life.
This is really weird: Why attend a forum where you can't take disagreement? I'd advise you to do your homework about some of the issues I've raised and at least attempt a well-argued, reasoned response to my criticisms. Who knows? You might become a decent debater and be able to substantiate at least some of your beliefs.

It sounds like you actually expect people to believe that.
Strong's Definitions
log-id'-zom-ahee; middle from (3056) (λόγος); to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literal or figurative): — conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

Source: bible .knowing-jesus.com/strongs/G3049

Strong's Definitions
log-id'-zom-ahee; middle from (3056) (λόγος); to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literal or figurative): — conclude, (ac-) count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/strongs/G3049 bible .knowing-jesus.com/strongs/G3049

Strong's lists how translators have translated a word, not what what the word actually means. It seems you did not know this.

logizomai does not mean to reckon or count something which it is not.

But that's what you are trying to do with the word "impute." Sorry but the facts are heavily against you.

Back