Who here believes that Catholics aren't Christians?

This is something that I've only just discovered is a thing.
Those that are not Born Again are not Christians. No one is excluded. Many Catholics are not Born Again. And once you are Born Again there will be a transformation in your life. You will desire to seek after the Truth and you will find it. The Holy Spirit will help you. Once you know the Truth you will be lead out of the RCC.

There are many Roman Catholics who are ALSO Born Again Christians. And there are many Roman Catholics who are nothing but "Roman Catholics".
I don't know Bob but we had a born again RC who applied for a job with us. His words were God told him to come for this job, learn it and take over. I will at least say he was honest. But you know we didn't give him the job. God didn't tell us to hire him.

It is not only RCs and others who can claim they are born again and aren't. I think it is more than saying you are born again. My uncle said he was born again and he was drawn closer to Mary. He couldn't understand why I did not see it. He was the nicest of my father's siblings. I am hoping he is with God.

Christians follow Christ, Catholics follow the Pope, and/or Mary.
No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders. That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. There is nothing unChristian about that at all.

Thankyou, Bob. That is good to hear.
I knew many Roman Catholics who were also Spirit baptized Christians back in the '60s - '70s during the Charismatic Outpouring. Many of them came OUT of Catholicism and into truer Churches, because they'd experienced the truth, and realized the LIE of Catholic Theology.

Some stayed in - to be a Light in the Catholic darkness (like the demon possessed man - Legion) who wanted to accompany Jesus, but was instructed to STAY, and share the Word and his experience where he lived.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE, or RESPECT for the Roman Catholic church Corp. But Individual Catholics are STILL reached by the Holy Spirit in spite of their church, and brought into relationship with God, and indwelled by His Spirit.

It is not only RCs and others who can claim they are born again and aren't.
BOY HOWDY is THAT ever the truth. I've been Baptist, U.C.C, Methodist, Church of Christ, but mostly AG for the last 58 years. When somebody tells me they're "Born again", I Smile, say "Praise the Lord", and let them show me - many do.
I think it is more than saying you are born again.
Absolutely, Words don't mean SPIT. But the truth is found in actions (the central message of the Book of James - which is a litmus test to determine if what one CALLS FAITH - actually is).

No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders. That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. There is nothing unChristian about that at all.

7 Remember those who [a]rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat. 11 For the bodies of those animals, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp. 12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might [c]sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. 13 Therefore let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach. 14 For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come. 15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you

We ARE to submit to those that rule over us.....those who HAVE SPOKEN THE WORD OF GOD to us

NO one is to obey leaders that are leading you astray....the blind leading the blind both fall into the ditch.

How are YOU to know if they are speaking the word of God to you?

There is a reason to TEST ALL THINGS, and hold to what is good...

There's a REASON the Bereans didn't blindly believe Paul, but searched the Scriptures to see if those things were so...

YOU are blindly believing a church simply because they tell you to without testing, without searching the scriptures....

How do you follow Christ since Christ isn't physically present?
His written inspired Holy word is physically here.
You are not following the exact words of scripture but your interpretation of scripture. How do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?
The answer to your post was in regards to God's written inspired word being physically present.

"Are Roman Catholics Christians? They are if they have trusted in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their sins. However, if they believe they are saved by God’s grace and their works, then they are not saved even if they believe their works are done by God’s grace since they then deny the sufficiency of Christ’s sacrifice.

Being a Christian does not mean being a member of the Roman Catholic Church. It means being a member of the body of Christ, which is accomplished by faith and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins. It means you do not add your works to His work. Sincerity doesn’t forgive sins. Membership in a church doesn’t forgive sins. Doing works of penance doesn’t forgive sins. Praying to Mary doesn’t forgive sins. Forgiveness is received in the faithful trust and acceptance of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. You must trust Jesus, God in flesh, for the forgiveness of sins–not a man-made ritual and certainly not the catholic saints. Even though the Roman Catholic Church affirms the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection, it greatly errors in its doctrine of salvation by adding works to salvation.
Being a Christian does not mean being a member of the Roman Catholic Church. It means being a member of the body of Christ, which is accomplished by faith and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins. It means you do not add your works to His work. Sincerity doesn’t forgive sins. Membership in a church doesn’t forgive sins. Doing works of penance doesn’t forgive sins. Praying to Mary doesn’t forgive sins. Forgiveness is received in the faithful trust and acceptance of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. You must trust Jesus, God in flesh, for the forgiveness of sins–not a man-made ritual and certainly not the catholic saints. Even though the Roman Catholic Church affirms the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection, it greatly errors in its doctrine of salvation by adding works to salvation."

What is the CARM position on Roman Catholics?​

CARM’s position is simple. If a Roman Catholic believes in the official Roman Catholic teaching on salvation, then he is not a Christian since the official RCC position is contrary to Scripture. Therefore, as a whole, Roman Catholics need to be evangelized. They need to hear the true Gospel. They need to hear that they are not made right before God by being in a church or by being baptized but by receiving Christ (John 1:12), believing that Jesus has risen from the dead (Rom. 10:9); and that justification is by faith (Rom. 5:1) and not by our deeds (Rom. 4:5). It is only true faith that results in true works (James 2) – not the other way around. Roman Catholics, like anyone else, need to trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their sins and not the Catholic sacraments, not the words of the priest, not the Pope, not Mary, not the saints, not penance, not indulgences, not the rosary, etc. Jesus alone is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

You are not following the exact words of scripture but your interpretation of scripture. How do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?
and right on cue:
we all know where you are going with this: (the Last Supper)
and again ; you are high -jacking another poster's thread (and that of a fellow Catholic poster)

and again
You will be challenged: and as right on script : you'll run to another thread:

Why don't you save us all some key stokes: and reply to those challenges in all the other threads each time you bring up the same point?

so you don't have to go looking for it: post 89 here

is this Christianity?

"Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff."

"At the command of Mary all obey, even God."

'Tells us Tersea: if someone rejects the Dogmas of the Assumption, Immaculate Conception, and the Perpetual Virginity of Mary: is their salvation at risk?

is this Christianity?

"Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff."

"At the command of Mary all obey, even God."

'Tells us Tersea: if someone rejects the Dogmas of the Assumption, Immaculate Conception, and the Perpetual Virginity of Mary: is their salvation at risk?
excellent question.

Back