Mormons hope to become Gods and Create Planets to Rule

Maybe Gen. 3:22 reads differently in Mormo-Bibles:

Gen. 3:22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

Nothing about "becoming gods" there...
Really?

Take it up with Theo.

Don't tell others who to argue with.
(Btw, if you don't want me to keep responding to me, it's probably a BAD idea to keep responding to me, or to keep calling me out by name.)

He says Christians don't believe in OSAS,

Nope.
I NEVER said that at all.

You obviously don't pay attention when you read posts.

I think you meant Godhead.

Let him speak for himself, and stop trying to twist everyone's words.

He does not need nor use that to make us more like Christ!
I disagree. Trials of our faith perfect our faith if we endure in patience. (1 Pet 1:7-9; James 1:2-8)
It's the rememberance of our covenants through ordinances that hold us to Him. (Romans 6:4)

Really.

Show me where it says, "men become gods"?
I just showed you.
Men became as gods when the knew good and evil.
Men we created in the image of God and gave man dominion over the earth.
Judges in the Old Testament are called "gods".

Thank you for confirming that you can't show where Gen. 3:22 allegedly teaches that "men become gods".
I bolded the text in your own quote - confirming it.
I don't have control over your eyesight, or what you're willing to look at.

I bolded the text in your own quote - confirming it.
I don't have control over your eyesight, or what you're willing to look at.

Sorry, but I don't pay close attention to my quote boxes, since I wrote what's in them, and I don't expect others to dishonestly change the contents.

But since I already pointed out that Gen 3:22 does NOT teach that men "become gods", then you merely (and dishonestly) "highlighting" part of the text isn't going to change the fact that you are WRONG, since that doesn't change the words at all. You are simply playing stupid games. "Look, I highlighted a text! I must be right!"

Gen. 3:22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

So let's actually have you PAY ATTENTION to the text this time, shall we?:

1) The phrase "become gods" is absent from thte text.

2) God calls him, "the man", not "the god", or "a god".

3) It says that he has become "like" one of us. The term "like" indicates a "simile", a comparison, not a change in identity.

4) All the verse means is that Adam is now "knowing good and evil". And unless you want to claim that only "gods" can know good, then just because they know good and evil does NOT make them "gods".

I'm sorry, but you're grasping at straws.

Next time try presenting an ACTUAL ARGUMENT, rather than simply "highlighting words" that accomplish precisely NOTHING. Understand?

I just showed you.
Men became as gods when the knew good and evil.
Men we created in the image of God and gave man dominion over the earth.
Judges in the Old Testament are called "gods".
You claim to be to the Lds, yet right here you are speaking just like someone into word of faith!

This is describing a correlation, it is NOT saying that "enduring to the end" causes salvation. Salvation is what causes enduring to the end.

The posted scripture makes no such claim--it states those who endure to the end shall be saved. Where does it state any such thing as "salvation is what causes enduring to the end"?

Matthew 10:22---King James Version
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

The saved are all in the same heaven, as eternal rewards have NOTHING to do with getting to heaven!

That's good to know, Yeshua:

Romans 2:5-11--King James Version
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

The posted scripture makes no such claim--it states those who endure to the end shall be saved. Where does it state any such thing as "salvation is what causes enduring to the end"?

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
And ye(Christians) shall be hated for his name's sake. Salvation is given, but the person won't endure??? The shepherd loses His sheep--- that's not biblical!

Last edited:
That's good to know, Yeshua:

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
God gives blessings based on what they earn? No! Verse 8 is speaking of non-Christians.

Ephesians 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And ye(Christians) shall be hated for his name's sake. Salvation is given, but the person won't endure???

The verse testifies those who endure shall be saved:

Where does one find eternal life is given--and then they endure--in that verse?

The shepherd loses His sheep--- that's not biblical!

But wouldn't you make the same claim about the testimony of the Savior here--where He uses this criteria to divide the sheep and goats?

Matthew 25:31-46---King James Version
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

God gives blessings based on what they earn? No!

Are you claiming this is an example of what they earn?

Verse 8 is speaking of non-Christians.

I agree. But that is still rendering to man according to their deeds.

And these verses are referring to whom?

Of course we are.
It's by God's grace we have God's word to know what to do.
It's by God's grace we are given to know God's word.
It's by God's grace we are given new hearts have desire to follow the Word.
Without God's grace we'd be lost forever.

Alma 34:9 For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.

2 Nephi 2:
4 And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. And the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free.
5 And men are instructed sufficiently that they know good from evil. And the law is given unto men. And by the law no flesh is justified; or, by the law men are cut off. Yea, by the temporal law they were cut off; and also, by the spiritual law they perish from that which is good, and become miserable forever.
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
---
26 And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.
27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

Receiving remission of our sins does not free us from the commandment to worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul, and having no other gods before him. In Mormonism, it's the difference between being Terrestrial and being Celestial.
Where has anyone said that being saved frees you from keeping the commandments?

Where has anyone said that being saved frees you from keeping the commandments?
Here:
So you do not see water baptism and obeying the Lds ordinances and getting married off in the temple as requirements?

I'm advocating Eph 2:10, that we are created FOR good works that are ordained of God.
See post #919. Apperantly it doesn't matter what we do, we are "eternally secured", which would make the commandments optional.

Back