The official interpreter of scripture

For you and the other Catholics on here? The word of Rome: first, last, and always. Roma uber alles!

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ - Christians say that it is not.

So is Christians words: first, last, and always?

The problem with this is that no one is claiming that Jesus is a literal lamb, so there is no issue to be settled.

I heard that Bob and John, both from Denver, make that claim. Also Whitney, from Houston, also makes that claim. Michael, from Jackson, also makes the claim. So now that there's an issue, how do you settle it? You seem only to be running away from it.

Scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ - Christians say that it is not.

So is Christians words: first, last, and always?

Scripture says that Jesus is a door, and a vine, and that God has features.
Romanists say none of that is true.

So who is right?

I heard that Bob and Doug, both from Denver, make that claim. Also Whitney, from Houston, also makes that claim. Michael, from Jackson, also makes the claim. So now that there's an issue, how do you settle it? You seem only to be running away from it.
Sorry, but I am not really understanding your argument.

Sorry, but I am not really understanding your argument.

You said that you don't have to argue why Christ is not a literal sheep, but only one figuratively, because nobody is arguing the former. That's a bogus argument, it's evasion. Some do argue it.

So now that it's an issue, in what OBJECTIVE and REASONABLE way do you settle it?

You can't arbitrarily and self-servingly PICK and CHOOSE when you WANT a passage to be literal, and when you WANT it to be merely figurative.

Scripture says that Jesus is a door, and a vine, and that God has features.
Romanists say none of that is true.

So who is right?

So do Christians have the final word or does God's word?

No, I don't just give up. I don't believe that it will never get settle. I don't believe Jesus didn't leave his church with a way to settle issues. I believe that he gave authority to the Pope; the Pope has the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith. So if I want to know what to believe as a Christian I listen to the Pope - the person with authority.
the "it must be so" argument.

Was that true for God's chosen people in the time before Christ?

The problem with this is that no one is claiming that Jesus is a literal lamb, so there is no issue to be settled.
then it stands to reason the door, the blood, the body are not literally Jesus in the elements. they are a representative, a symbol of the literal blood and body of Jesus.

His literal body is in heaven via the Resurrection/Ascension.

We do not literally eat His body. Do you think we are vampires and zombies eating flesh and drinking blood ?

the "it must be so" argument.

Was that true for God's chosen people in the time before Christ?
Yes it was.

What did Jesus tell his disciples about the scribes and Pharisees?

Jesus said, "The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it..."

then it stands to reason the door, the blood, the body are not literally Jesus in the elements. they are a representative, a symbol of the literal blood and body of Jesus.

His literal body is in heaven via the Resurrection/Ascension.

We do not literally eat His body. Do you think we are vampires and zombies eating flesh and drinking blood ?
But you are not the official interpreter of scripture.

But you are not the official interpreter of scripture.
I never said otherwise I said it was the Holy Spirit and we must compare scripture with scripture to see if our beliefs line up with the evidence from the bible and not our church/denomination.

Matthew 16:18 is an example of a misused and abused passage that is isolated form the rest of the bible to for a doctrine in the RCC. They are the only ones in all of Christendom with that view and it all comes from that "isolated" verse removed from the rest of the bible which contradicts the RCC's interpretation on that passage.

The church is built upon Christ alone, He is the focal point of all Scripture, its all about Him from cover to cover. The Apostles proclaimed Christ not themselves. Christ was the authority, scripture is the final authority, not the church. The church is just the body of Christ and Christ is the head of that body, not any man, any church.

hope this helps !!!

Yes it was.

What did Jesus tell his disciples about the scribes and Pharisees?

Jesus said, "The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it..."
now follow along

Were the scribes and Pharisees infallible?

In Matthew 22 When Jesus replied “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."
To whom was He speaking?

I never said otherwise I said it was the Holy Spirit and we must compare scripture with scripture to see if our beliefs line up with the evidence from the bible and not our church/denomination.

Matthew 16:18 is an example of a misused and abused passage that is isolated form the rest of the bible to for a doctrine in the RCC. They are the only ones in all of Christendom with that view and it all comes from that "isolated" verse removed from the rest of the bible which contradicts the RCC's interpretation on that passage.

The church is built upon Christ alone, He is the focal point of all Scripture, its all about Him from cover to cover. The Apostles proclaimed Christ not themselves. Christ was the authority, scripture is the final authority, not the church. The church is just the body of Christ and Christ is the head of that body, not any man, any church.

hope this helps !!!
If the Holy Spirit is the official interpreter of scripture then give us the Holy Spirit's interpretation. Thanks.

Didn't you say that the Holy Spirit is the official interpreter of scripture? So is this your interpretation or is this the Holy Spirit's?
Since scripture was kept in context
Scripture doesn't tell us that the bread and wine are symbolic.

No one here, as was discussed, are the official interpreter of scripture. So what is said here by believers doesn't settle the issue.

God's word says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ - Christians say that it is not.

Believing that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ isn't going against God's word it is going against "Christian's" word.
symbolic is what you don’t understand that is why Jesus said do their in “remembrance” of me.

now follow along

Were the scribes and Pharisees infallible?

In Matthew 22 When Jesus replied “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."
To whom was He speaking?
The scribes and Pharisees had authority - therefore do whatever they teach you and follow it...

Back