A different gospel?

Carbon

N T Wright denies some important doctrines.
Two for now:
He denies Adam as being historical.
He denies a crucial component of justification, namely imputation.”

I think he teaches a different gospel.

Thoughts from both Arminians Calvinists are appreciated?

I think it's much more important whether he denies PSA.

How does he think a sinner is justified without imputation?
Personally I believe in imputation. I believe it’s clearly taught in scripture.

I believe people need to study and figure this one out. If scripture teaches imputation of Christ’s righteousness and we disagree with it; which Christ do we believe in?
It’s important we believe in the right Jesus Christ. Many have their own Jesus, the Mormons, JW’s, etc… etc…

Two for now:

Personally I believe what is most disturbing is this by Wright.

“I do not think Jesus “knew he was God” in the same sense that one knows one is tired or happy, male or female. He did not sit back and say to himself, ‘Well, I never! I’m the second person of the Trinity!’ ( N.T. Wright, The Meaning of Jesus, 154).”

In my opinion that is a false christ which leads to a false gospel. The Gospel and Christ go hand in hand together. One cannot separate the Person from the Gospel. If you get Jesus wrong, the gospel is wrong.

“I do not think Jesus “knew he was God” in the same sense that one knows one is tired or happy, male or female. He did not sit back and say to himself, ‘Well, I never! I’m the second person of the Trinity!’ ( N.T. Wright, The Meaning of Jesus, 154).”

In my opinion that is a false christ which leads to a false gospel. The Gospel and Christ go hand in hand together. One cannot separate the Person from the Gospel. If you get Jesus wrong, the gospel is wrong.
Amen!

What comes to mind is when Jesus said, “ I and the Father are One”
How does Wright get around these things.
And that’s just one of many verses.

This should be part of the op.

Yes there are so many times Jesus claimed to be God and His enemies knew very well His claims and tried on numerous occasions to stone Him.

So that is the scary thing when you have truth mixed with error like wright does in many areas. But the big red flag for me is what he believes about Christ and His Deity.

Two for now:

I think Adam is a historical person who is described to us in the Bible. I think that Imputation as described by the Penal Substitutionary Atonement is a component of Justification through Faith in Christ...

These two things would not be the most important differences for me. He doesn't deny the existence of a historical figurehead of the human race, and imputation is not the most important facet of at least acknowledging a righteousness by faith.

I do have problems with other things I read from N. T. Wright, however, like his NPP stuff. It seems like reverting back to legalism.

I think Jesus always knew he is God...
There are just to many passages from both the old and new testaments to list which teach Jesus is God.
Thinking particularly on John 1.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

There are just to many passages from both the old and new testaments to list which teach Jesus is God.
Thinking particularly on John 1.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
How could anyone get around this passage in John.
And to think this man is highly respected ?‍?
In theology ?

Back