15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

Your guarantee is worthless.

Big cities are full of death and gun violence. The media refuses to publish anything where gun control is already in place and not working.

My guarantee is right on the money. The city is a jungle, there are conflicts EVERYWHERE, fights, stabbings are common! Lets just give them guns. What do you think will happen.lol
Anyone that would shot a child in a classroom setting is evil. Horribly evil. There is always more than one cause to most anything. You myopic view is inadequate and weak.
Or mentally I'll and something snapped. Then you agree, it wasn't the unlocked door that killed those kids, it was a mentally unstable person. The unlocked door and the fire arms just made it easier.

He never told another person those words. Not one. If what you say is true, then the Scripture would be filled with many references to the same demand. It is not. Your logic fails horribly. No one should attend your school.

The point is He DID tell a person that if he wanted to obtain eternal life he would have to sell his possessions and give to the poor! You can't spin your way out of that.lol
I corrected your mistake. You don't get to dictate my responses. Wolves are always trying to avoid their mistakes. Take a look in the mirror.
You corrected no one. You tried to put a false spin on Scripture and failed miserably.

Keep reading-

"With man this is impossible...."
The Disciples replied then who can be saved, because they were deceived to believe that the rich were favored by GOD. And Jesus just told them none(of the rich) would make it into His Kingdom.

And Jesus's reply says with man(man's judgement) basically no one can be saved, but with GOD, all things are possible. Since God reads the hearts.

The Disciples replied then who can be saved, because they were deceived to believe that the rich were favored by GOD. And Jesus just told them none(of the rich) would make it into His Kingdom.

And Jesus's reply says with man(man's judgement) basically no one can be saved, but with GOD, all things are possible. Since God reads the hearts.
Lookee who is claiming to be able to read minds of men who lived 2000 years ago.

What a talent.

Last edited:
So New Jersey is more murderous than Wyoming (almost certainly because of population density) yet Wyoming has more firearm deaths per capita? New Jerry has strong gun laws and Wyoming weak ones?

Pretty strong argument for more gun control.
I just googled it. I'm looking at the murder rates in 2017 Wyoming 19 murders(doesnt say by guns, just murders). New Jersey 352 murders.

Im assuming there are way more registered guns in Wyoming.

But there is more drugs and crime in New Jersey. Drugs equals addicts, addicts equals mentally unstable people. It all points to mental illness being the problem.

Sure gun accessibility(especially in the cities) is a secondary problem but we must address mental illness which is the root cause of the problem.

Last edited:
Causing harm is a moral wrong as most people prefer not being harmed. That someone "thinks" something is immoral is an expression of the experience of being harmed. The thinking doesn't make it immoral. It is immoral and we think it when we experience it. I might suggest thinking more about "thinking" if that makes sense.

No taking something that isnt yours is immoral because it too causes harm and rarely do people like having things taken from them. So no it's not just life and death.

As to the eating of beef it's not immoral even though some see it that way . Making a cow suffer pain in the process turning it into steak is immoral. That's why they shouldn't kill cattle as quickly.as possible so as not to prolong it's suffering. The problem is people want to put an animals life on an equal footing with humans and they are no even in the same universe together.
Bingo. I bolded part of your post. You agree with me.

Maybe it's time to reopen psychiatric institutions in the United States. Question: Is the risk of institutionalization, stigmatization, and possibly indefinite care within state-operated hospitals worth another try? The historic abuses that occurred within psychiatric institutions long ago can be addressed.

Even though the vast majority of mentally ill people are not violent, diseases such as Typhus and Tuberculosis in tent compounds along with bipolar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia are clearly identifiable issues that should be solved. Individuals with violent tendencies are probably better off getting care than staying in a prison with others that also have violent tendencies. Deinstitutionalization isn't working.

___

Attachments

• Encampment.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
How do you know?
It's like comparing northern Canada(The country folk) with city people. Night and day I tell you. the lifestyles are different and life is more stressful and fast in the city. Everyone is trying to hustle for their piece of the pie.....Everything is more mellow in the country. Even the music

Maybe it's time to reopen psychiatric institutions in the United States. Question: Is the risk of institutionalization, stigmatization, and possibly indefinite care within state-operated hospitals worth another try? The historic abuses that occurred within psychiatric institutions long ago can be addressed.

Even though the vast majority of mentally ill people are not violent, diseases such as Typhus and Tuberculosis in tent compounds along with bipolar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia are clearly identifiable issues that should be solved. Individuals with violent tendencies are probably better off getting care than staying in a prison with others that also have violent tendencies. Deinstitutionalization isn't working.

___
Agreed. The problem is the economic system we live under, greatly limits funding for things like this.

And the dangers of privatized institutions are real, where people are over medicated, experimented on.......

Mental illness whether violent or non-violent should be treated.

I believe rehabilitation is better than punishment.

I'd hate to say it but rights and laws were made by man and thus morals........(Where the inspiration came from is debatable)

Sure one can make the argument that God gave us all there is for us to live. Even if only in the most primitive form. Food, water, shelter. clothing. etc.... Go ask the animals.

Should we have a right to these things as humans? Absolutely. Do we? I guess that would depend on the powers that be as it is today.......

Remember the Nestle CEO that said water is not a human right. Thats why I wont buy nestle water.....

Morals are also at the behest of rulers...... That is why they differ from country to country.....
They dictate what is legal and what isnt. Until what was once recognized as "immoral' will be percieved as moral....It all depends on the indoctrination of your superiors.....

And you could not find where the name of the shooter was released, so I question your comprehensive knowledge of the story.
I did not say that the name of the shooter was not released, I said that most of the more recent reports only refer to him as "the shooter" without providing his name.
Okay? And?

Yet there are less gun owners as a percentage. Which completely destroys your argument.

Some do. Most of the ones in Chicago don't tend to get media attention. But yes, they make up a small percentage of deaths, yet people like you use them to push gun laws that haven onthing to do with them.

I'd be willing to bet most of that is suicides, which were dishonestly counted as 'gun deaths'.

Now do the homicide rates (not just the gun homicide rates, assuming you're providing those and not lumping in accidental deaths and suicides) and come back to us.....

But again, you claimed the problem wrt mass shootings was guns, so we should necessarily expect to see MORE mass shootings in Wyoming than in New Jersey. Yet we don't. So you shot your own argument in the foot.

That's nice, I don't particularly follow those things.

Is that a conspiracy theory? Or someone making a guess? What makes that a conspiracy theory? DOes that term even mean anything anymore these days?

I'm not getting my 'news' anywhere of the sort, I stated what I have heard some people on the internet arguing, in response to your statement about not seeing images of the shooter. I've seen pics of the shooter on CNN, MSNBC, etc., as has most other folks. Some of those folks have postulated based on those images, and I noted I didn't particlarly agree. Thanks for your dishonesty though.
My point is that your experience and mine growing up is vastly different. I recognize there are locality differences in gun ownership in the USA, but you insist that your experience is representative of the country. Which is clearly wrong.

The fact is that there are about 400million guns in America which is more than there are people. If the number of individuals owning guns has declined, then that means the number of people with major arsenals, like you, accounts for most of those guns, and frankly, this is scary.

Suicides are legitimate gun deaths. When access to a common method of suicide is removed, then suicide rates decline.

My concern is with gun deaths as a whole, as well as mass murders. Your focus on mass murders is only to allow you to claim that proposed gun control measures won't stop those. Well, gun control measures in other controls work well to severely limit gun deaths of all types, so you are wrong.

And yes, the claim that the Texas gunman is transgender is something found on RW conspiracy sites, like 4chan, and is something YOU brought up:

2. No, there is no evidence that the gunman was transgender.

Hours after the attack, a post on the fringe online message board 4chan circulated claiming that the gunman was transgender. Numerous photographs falsely claiming to show the gunman wearing women’s clothing were attached.

The authorities have said the gunman was male.

The unfounded claims made their way to Telegram channels of far-right militia groups such as the Proud Boys, where people falsely claimed that the shooting was a result of hormone therapy undertaken by the gunman.

By Wednesday, the claims that the gunman was transgender had been amplified by high-profile people such as Representative Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican who was censured last year by the House after he posted a video that depicted him killing a Democratic lawmaker. Mr. Gosar’s Twitter post on the matter has been deleted.

Photos of dark-haired transgender women circulated alongside images of the gunman’s face, accompanied with false accusations that they were the same person. “There is an overwhelming number of individuals who are posting images of this person, who was the shooter, and information about the nature of them being transgender,” Stacy Washington, the host of the SiriusXM show “Stacy on the Right,” said on Tuesday night. She added: “We don’t have definitive proof, but I’d say, this many pictures? My goodness. There’s something going on here.”...

The Trans Safety Network, a research group that monitors threats against the transgender community, said in a statement on Wednesday that it had identified photos of three transgender people wrongly linked to the gunman and confirmed that all three were alive.
And yeah, these claims come from far RW groups and their social media sites, so we know where you get your "information".

What is I was getting at is, if they want to, lets say make gun ownership illegal. There is a process put in place in the Constitution to do so. A constitutional amendment. You will need 37 states to ratify. Good luck
No one is talking about making gun ownership illegal, except for those who somehow think they are being persecuted.

What is being proposed are common sense gun safety laws.

Since you ignored this part of my post, I'll single this one out and repeat:
There is. Here's one of your own liberal buddies talking about mass shootings and mental health. Take their advice: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stop-denying-that-mass-shooters-can-be-mentally-ill

And a bonus:

The first bill that Trump signed from the Republican Congress was to undo Obama's restrictions on gun ownership by mentally ill patients.

We also know that Republicans are opposed to expanding healthcare services, and in fact want to decrease them. They have been blaming gun deaths in America on mental illness for years if not decades, so what proposals have they suggested and what policies have they passed to improve mental health services in America. None.

This concern of theirs is baloney and is only meant to divert attention to the fact that they are not going to anything at all to address gun violence.

Back