What do you know or not know concerning Mormonism?

That's not what God said. Ps 82.
You really should read Psalm 82 again more closely, and in context. Try the NIV, a better translation.

The word “gods” is lower case and in quotation marks. That means it’s used in a different context than Gods.

He’s talking to human beings in positions of leadership who were making unrighteous judgments and mistreating people. Gods wouldn’t be doing that.

Did you just say that Jesus isn't God?

Your gods are false gods. Jehovah, whom Mormons say is Jesus, said He is the ONLY God!
Nope, I said the title or name of God is the Eternal Father or our Heavenly Father... and Jesus Christ is the only Begotten of the Father in the flesh.
He also is God...

Nope, I said the title or name of God is the Eternal Father or our Heavenly Father... and Jesus Christ is the only Begotten of the Father in the flesh.
He also is God... but there is only one God...
Book of Mormon
Amulek knew that there are three separate personages in the Godhead and that they are one in purpose. He declared to Zeezrom that in time all will be brought before the judgment bar of “Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God.” (Alma 11:44.) Since the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in purpose, mission, and glory with the “true and living God,” the three are indeed “one Eternal God.”

THERE ARE NOT MULTIPLE GODS> THEY ARE NOT EXALTED HUMANS> THE MORMON HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR EXALTATION.

The Mormon Holy Spirit has no eternal wife.

What non-Mormons need to know:

Moses 1

Chapter 4: The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel
“None shall receive eternal life save it be those who keep the commandments of the Lord and are entitled thus to enter into his presence. … That is eternal life, to dwell in the presence of the Father and receive exaltation from him” (Doctrines of Salvation, comp. Bruce R. McConkie, 3 vols. [1954–56], 2:4–5).

IOW, you must be an obedient Mormon.

THERE ARE NOT MULTIPLE GODS
THERE ARE AN INNUMERABLE HOST OF GODS, but, to us, there is but one God, the Father. That's straight out of the Bible. 1 Cor 8:6 in the verse preceding that one, Paul makes it clear that there are indeed many gods.
THEY ARE NOT EXALTED HUMANS>
Isn't Jesus an exalted human? He is God, isn't he?
THE MORMON HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR
EXALTATION
Again, your definition of what makes a entity and God's definition apparently are not the same. Ps 82 reference an unknown number of beings that God called gods. From the context, it appears that these beings were not mortal nor resurrected beings. At one point, Christ, by your standard, not ours, a spiritual entity without a body and yet he was God. He was always God and was never created nor made and neither were we.

Now there is a difference between being a god and being exalted. All who enter the Celestial kingdom will be gods but many will not be exalted.

Just because the Holy Ghost is not exalted does not mean he isn't a god.
The Mormon Holy Spirit has no eternal wife.
True, but as I said, that is not a requirement to be a god.

None shall receive eternal life save it be those who keep the commandments
Better wake up. It fascinates me that our critics don't think keeping the commandments is salvational. Jesus said it was. And when this blinder is pointed out they immediately start barking about how they keep the commandments because they want to, as if that makes any difference

We, OTH, believe that it is absolutely salvation because we believe the Bible. There is no such thing as faith alone. I'm not sure why you all haven't tossed the Bible and made a.new one. One that actually matches what they teach.

We also state One God...
King Follett sermon(conference talk):

"Here then is eternal life---to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you......"
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 346

The first part of that sermon was printed in the April 1971 issue of the Ensign magazine.

"The only wise and true God?" Did Joseph Smith really believe that? What about other "Gods?" The missionaries told me that Jesus is God of this earth. The Doctrine and Covenants says that humans can become equal with God.

How can it matter that you, Richard7, say, "We also state One God. . .?"

"Here then is eternal life---to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you......"

The first part of that sermon was printed in the April 1971 issue of the Ensign magazine.

"The only wise and true God?" Did Joseph Smith really believe that? What about other "Gods?" The missionaries told me that Jesus is God of this earth. The Doctrine and Covenants says that humans can become equal with God.

How can it matter that you, Richard7, say, "We also state One God. . .?"
That is our doctrine Janice... you were either never taught that or learned it...

That is our doctrine Janice... you were either never taught that or learned it...
I always had a subscription to the Ensign magazine. We put them in the trash when we moved away. I don't need them. I have a library of Mormon books, mostly hardcover volumes. You think you know personal details about what I was told and what I read. You weren't there and you aren't omniscient.

Are u familiar with the phrase found in the Bible, "God of gods'?

The fact that there are other Gods does not eliminate the "only wise and true God". Even Paul understood this. He exclaimed that there were indeed many gods. Jesus acknowledged it as well stating that He Himself has a God. If Jesus is also a God, then doesn't that make His God a God of God's?

These are not difficult concepts. The Bible supports it.
The missionaries told me that Jesus is God of this earth. The Doctrine and Covenants says that humans can become equal with God
Can gods have a God? The Bible certainly seems to indicate they can. Does equality mean that God isn't God? Do u understand the concept of being one in purpose? How can we be one if we are not equal?

In a husband-wife relationship there are obvious differences between the two. They are not equal physically anymore than that they are one physically. Yet can they be one in purpose if they aren't equal? Does the wife always give in to the husband? Is that oneness? Or do both individuals bring to the table their thoughts with equal power and authority?

If they are to be truly be one, I believe they must also be equal.
How can it matter that you, Richard7, say, "We also state One God. . .?
Read your quote from the KFD again. There is such a thing as an "only wise and true God". It is like him that we aspire to be and it is through Jesus Christ that we can become like Him. Paul was clear in his statement in 1 Cor 8:6 that he concurs
Those who don't would be teaching some other doctrine.

Back