The Idols of the Roman Catholic Church

NO I am NOT a jw. NO I am not an sda, NO I am not mormon, NO I am not a oneness, NO I am NOT a christian science, NO I am not freemason or any of the others that lead people away from the gospel message that the apostles preached in Scripture. Nor do I listen to any of the televangelists on t.v. Nor do I listen to people like herold camping, jimmy swaggert, benny hinn, etc....

NO I have not read books like "lord of the rings" or "the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe" Neither have I read dan brown's book. But after what other people have said about brown's book, it can go into the waste bin. I don't need to read it. There are a lot of writers I have never heard of till recently. So it won't do you any good to argue from author so and so.

However I may take the time to read a book written back in eighteen-ninty five by scott f hershey titled, "The roman papacy" that is available to read online. You will not likely want to read it since it is an all out expose of the roman catholic church.
I checked out that book, but it may be too...prejudiced to be objective in its review of the RCC papacy. But I ran across another, more modern book, that details how the RCC went from being nearly bankrupt, to being the wealthy institution it is today, which happened in the 20th century, around 1929, long after the other book was written. I will see if I can refind it. Yes, here it is:

Last edited:
I checked out that book, but it may be too...prejudiced to be objective in its review of the RCC papacy. But I ran across another, more modern book, that details how the RCC went from being nearly bankrupt, to being the wealthy institution it is today, which happened in the 20th century, around 1929, long after the other book was written. I will see if I can refind it. Yes, here it is:

Thank you for taking the time to check on that.

So Protestants can lie about the RCC with impunity, then? They can misrepresent Catholic belief with impunity? That is your claim?

Actually romish, we non-rc's have supplied ample of proof of rc teachings, doctrines, and dogmas. We have supplied Scripture ad nauseam, what the rc catechism says ad nauseam, we have supplied pics, and video's of rc's. We have supplied rc prayers and songs TO mary. We have supplied news articles and court records that fully back up everything we non-rc's have been posting.

You can't claim the prayers TO mary and the worshipping of her are a lie when they are on roman catholic church websites. Neither can you claim we are lying when another rc poster on here posts things about your institution.

Like you claiming “no we don't worship mary” we venerate. But then when we non-rc's show you that the word “venerate” is latin for the word “worship” you want to lay claim that we are lying?

Where's the lie when we back up a claim with actual proof. Like it or not, truth can NOT be swept under the rug.

Right: we do not worship bread as you clearly have shown. It is Christ as present in the Eucharist that is worshipped.

Thanks for the citation!
Anti-pope Bergoglio:

"Brothers and sisters, let us dream. Let us dream of such a Church: a Eucharistic Church. Made up of women and men who break themselves as bread for all those who chew loneliness and poverty, for those who are hungry for tenderness and compassion, for those whose lives are crumbling because the good leaven of hope has failed. A Church that kneels before the Eucharist and worships with awe the Lord present in the bread; but which also knows how to bend with compassion and tenderness before the wounds of those who suffer, lifting up the poor, wiping away the tears of those who suffer, making itself bread of hope and joy for all. For there is no true Eucharistic worship without compassion for the many “Lazaruses” who even today walk beside us. So many!"

Anti-pope Bergoglio:

"In the presence of the Eucharist, Jesus who becomes bread, this simple bread that contains the entire reality of the Church, let us learn to bless all that we have, to praise God, to bless and not curse all that has led us to this moment, and to speak words of encouragement to others.
The Lord does great things with our littleness, as he did with the five loaves. He does not work spectacular miracles, but uses simple things, breaking bread in his hands, giving, distributing and sharing it. God’s omnipotence is lowly, made up of love alone. And love can accomplish great things with little. The Eucharist teaches us this: for there we find God himself contained in a piece of bread. Being simple and essential, bread broken and shared, the Eucharist we receive allows us to see things as God does."

Your fake pope habitually refers to the Eucharist as bread and says that Christ is "present in the bread", which the Lutheran heresy of consubstantiation.

Anti-pope Bergoglio:

"Brothers and sisters, let us dream. Let us dream of such a Church: a Eucharistic Church. Made up of women and men who break themselves as bread for all those who chew loneliness and poverty, for those who are hungry for tenderness and compassion, for those whose lives are crumbling because the good leaven of hope has failed. A Church that kneels before the Eucharist and worships with awe the Lord present in the bread; but which also knows how to bend with compassion and tenderness before the wounds of those who suffer, lifting up the poor, wiping away the tears of those who suffer, making itself bread of hope and joy for all. For there is no true Eucharistic worship without compassion for the many “Lazaruses” who even today walk beside us. So many!"

Anti-pope Bergoglio:

"In the presence of the Eucharist, Jesus who becomes bread, this simple bread that contains the entire reality of the Church, let us learn to bless all that we have, to praise God, to bless and not curse all that has led us to this moment, and to speak words of encouragement to others.
The Lord does great things with our littleness, as he did with the five loaves. He does not work spectacular miracles, but uses simple things, breaking bread in his hands, giving, distributing and sharing it. God’s omnipotence is lowly, made up of love alone. And love can accomplish great things with little. The Eucharist teaches us this: for there we find God himself contained in a piece of bread. Being simple and essential, bread broken and shared, the Eucharist we receive allows us to see things as God does."

Your fake pope habitually refers to the Eucharist as bread and says that Christ is "present in the bread", which the Lutheran heresy of consubstantiation.
I can't stand Pope Francis any more than you can. At the same time here I give him the benefit of the doubt.

One of the things it seems (fortunately) all the bishops agree on--regardless of ideology is that the Eucharist is our identity, what we are as Catholics.

Pope Francis is not giving a theological treatise on the Eucharist--and is therefore not speaking precisely.

Here I have not doubt that Pope Francis believes in the real presence. It isn't like he is the only pope to not speak precisely when talking of the Eucharist. Heck--have you ever read the ECF? Read Augustine? Augustine is all over the place in regard to the Eucharist. In some areas he appears very Catholic, while in others, very Protestant. Why? Because ultimately the EUcharist is a mystery. Sometimes people will unintentionally fall in to error when attempting to describe the mystery.

Actually romish, we non-rc's have supplied ample of proof of rc teachings, doctrines, and dogmas. We have supplied Scripture ad nauseam, what the rc catechism says ad nauseam, we have supplied pics, and video's of rc's. We have supplied rc prayers and songs TO mary. We have supplied news articles and court records that fully back up everything we non-rc's have been posting.
Yeah---and being able to cut and paste does not entail you understand what you are cutting and pasting. Anyone can cut and paste.

You read our documents like a Protestant, not a Catholic. Thus, everything you see, you treat with suspicion. When Catholics explain how it is to be understood, or in what sense they are speaking--you deny it as if you know better.
You can't claim the prayers TO mary and the worshipping of her are a lie when they are on roman catholic church websites. Neither can you claim we are lying when another rc poster on here posts things about your institution.
You read everything like a Protestant. You want to believe that Catholics worship Mary and the saints--so you read our prayers in that light.

You are like the atheists who describe Christian doctrine, practice and belief in pagan terms--then--claim "See? Christianity just borrows from paganism!" Well when you describe Christian beliefs in pagan terms, you should not be surprised that the religion appears to be borrowing from paganism.
Like you claiming “no we don't worship mary” we venerate. But then when we non-rc's show you that the word “venerate” is latin for the word “worship” you want to lay claim that we are lying?
Yes you are. You know full well that "worship" for Catholics is a broad term that does not refer exclusively to our worship of God. You know full well the distinctions we make. That has been explained time and time again-but you continue to post as though none of that has been explained.

So Protestants can lie about the RCC with impunity, then? They can misrepresent Catholic belief with impunity? That is your claim?
Please reveal where a non RC has lied at all. Your bad tree is not being misrepresented, its false beliefs and evil practices are being revealed. The way your institution changes words and misuse words are being revealed. RCs misrepresent what sola scriptura means and rubbish others about their beliefs and that is all okay in the RC minds. No surprise, they follow the founder of their institution the father of lies.

RCs might like to fool themselves that worship is a broad term but ALL worship, no matter what fancy name is used for it, belongs to God alone. There are no levels at all in God's mind, all worship belongs to Him alone. If it looks like worship, smells like worship, sounds like worship it does not matter what you call it, it is worship.

Ex 34:14

(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God)

Ex 20:1+

And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me.

Matt 4:10

Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’

Luke 4:8

And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”

Last edited:
Oh how RCs like to play the victim card instead of responding the questions. This is just a diversion attempt and does not work, because it has been over played and is never backed up with evidence. In fact, it is what we were taught at school, all those protestants are the tools of the devil, they are trying to remove you from the one true church. The devil only has to go after RCs, as they are only ones who belong to the real church.

Oh how RCs like to play the victim card instead of responding the questions. This is just a diversion attempt and does not work, because it has been over played and is never backed up with evidence. In fact, it is what we were taught at school, all those protestants are the tools of the devil, they are trying to remove you from the one true church. The devil only has to go after RCs, as they are only ones who belong to the real church.
The TRUTH about the romanist organization hurts it much more than lies would. They just don't like to see it exposed for what it really is, and that it is based on lies from the pits of hell. It is all about everything BUT Christ. Led by depraved minds of perverts!

Yeah---and being able to cut and paste does not entail you understand what you are cutting and pasting. Anyone can cut and paste.

You read our documents like a Protestant, not a Catholic. Thus, everything you see, you treat with suspicion. When Catholics explain how it is to be understood, or in what sense they are speaking--you deny it as if you know better.

You read everything like a Protestant. You want to believe that Catholics worship Mary and the saints--so you read our prayers in that light.

You are like the atheists who describe Christian doctrine, practice and belief in pagan terms--then--claim "See? Christianity just borrows from paganism!" Well when you describe Christian beliefs in pagan terms, you should not be surprised that the religion appears to be borrowing from paganism.

Yes you are. You know full well that "worship" for Catholics is a broad term that does not refer exclusively to our worship of God. You know full well the distinctions we make. That has been explained time and time again-but you continue to post as though none of that has been explained.
A broad term for the broad road that leads to destruction.

I can't stand Pope Francis any more than you can. At the same time here I give him the benefit of the doubt.

One of the things it seems (fortunately) all the bishops agree on--regardless of ideology is that the Eucharist is our identity, what we are as Catholics.

Pope Francis is not giving a theological treatise on the Eucharist--and is therefore not speaking precisely.

Here I have not doubt that Pope Francis believes in the real presence. It isn't like he is the only pope to not speak precisely when talking of the Eucharist. Heck--have you ever read the ECF? Read Augustine? Augustine is all over the place in regard to the Eucharist. In some areas he appears very Catholic, while in others, very Protestant. Why? Because ultimately the EUcharist is a mystery. Sometimes people will unintentionally fall in to error when attempting to describe the mystery.
I absolutely do not believe he believes in the real presence in the Eucharist. I think he's an Atheist.

Why does the Roman Catholic Church promote idol worship? Their idols can be vividly seen throughout their churches. Many have fresh flowers purchased and place them at the feet of these life-sized molded plaster and painted Roman Catholic idols. Another 'practice' that the Roman Church of Catholicism promotes, is the continual adoration of these idols by providing "blessed" candles to be purchased for the express purpose of burning these candles 24/7 in front of the carved chosen idol which will 'carry the prayers' of the Roman Catholic 'candle purchaser' to heaven, where the idol now supposedly resides, just waiting for the candle fumes to reach them, so they can begin to hear and perhaps answer the prayer (however, the prayer request may need more than one candle to be purchased and burnt). What do these idols have to do with a Roman Catholic's salvation? Can these candles along with the prayers of the Roman Catholic be used to get a loved one out of the ever-burning fires of purgatory? Did the apostles burn candles to carved idols of Moses or Abraham?
Are imagines of Jesus idol worship to you?

describe Christian beliefs in pagan terms

Worshiping God only and no one else is a pagan activity? since when?

You just admitted that rc's do indeed worship other things than God alone. There are no Scriptures instructing us to worship anything else, whether it be a person or object. To give any form of worship to any person or thing other than God alone is idolatry period.

God condemned the worship of "the queen of heaven" in Jeremiah 44. It didn't matter that they were worshiping God along side of "the queen of heaven". Did not make it ok for the Israelites to do so, because clear back in Exodus; God said to worship Him only and serve Him only. There are NO degrees of worship given to any person or thing anywhere in Scripture. NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH

Scripture says verbatim "worship God only". Jesus, Himself quoted Scripture

Luke 4:8
Jesus said to him in reply, “It is written: 'You shall worship the Lord, your God, and him alone shall you serve.'

Back