How many ways are there to be saved according to the various RC posts on here:

1. saved by baptism
2. saved by the sacrament of communion
3. saved by following the pope
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

However there is only one way and that is by faith through grace in Jesus.

Eph 2;8+

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
not by works, so that no one can boast.

Titus 3:5

not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

John 14;6

Jesus answered, “
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

How many saviours do RCs have:

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC
4. and last but not least Jesus.

But scripture is clear we have only one saviour. Jesus.

1 Tim 2:5

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved

Why does the RCC have to complicate the simple message of God on how to be saved? Why does the RCC need to put extra burdens on the people?

1. saved by baptism
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

Eph 2;8+

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

John 14;6

Jesus answered, “
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved

Why does the RCC have to complicate the simple message of God on how to be saved? Why does the RCC need to put extra burdens on the people?
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

1. saved by baptism
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

Eph 2;8+

John 14;6

Jesus answered, “

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC

You forgot one, themselves. CCC 2010 you merit eternal life.

Here is CCC 2010:

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Paragraph # 2010​

2010 Since the initiative belongs to God in the order of grace, no one can merit the initial grace of forgiveness and justification, at the beginning of conversion. Moved by the Holy Spirit and by charity, we can then merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our sanctification, for the increase of grace and charity, and for the attainment of eternal life.

1. The natural man does not receive the things of God; they are foolishness to him.
2. If the RCC did not complicate matters, then the RCC would not be needed to explain things to their peeons, and they'd be out of work.

--Rich

AMEN! Would Jesus have ever spent any of His precious time on earth attending to any 'social doctrines' of the church? Of course not! But it is of little surprise that the Roman Catholic pontiffs have continued to this day to issue encyclicals on social problems and have continued to add to the social doctrines they have already generated within the Roman Catholic Church. There is a vast collection of papal statements on social questions that have served to keep Roman Catholic thought in touch with the accelereated developements of a revolutionary world. Totally unlike Jesus would have done, the pompous RCC popes have been noteworthy for their increasingly acerbic critisism of capitalism. The RCC has also consistently reminded Roman Catholics of their duty to engage in social actions and the need for Roman Catholics to enter into dialogue with all men in order to participate in building a more just social order, even urging Roman Catholics to give their support to international agencies including putting limits on national sovereignity, and much, much more.

1. saved by baptism
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

Eph 2;8+

John 14;6

Jesus answered, “

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC

Catholics do not complicate the "simple message of God on how to be saved."

You are the ones who do that with your laughable caricatures of Catholicism. Put the Jack Chick pamphlet down or go back to the JV boards.

1. saved by baptism
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

Eph 2;8+

John 14;6

Jesus answered, “

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC

We believe that we are saved by grace through faith. Great, eternal life here we come.

Sorry there are so many ways that they can be saved. You have to wonder why they have a sin of presumption.
Mary apparently added another way to salvation (no Jesus needed).

St. Simon Stock and His Vision​

Legend holds that on July 16, 1251, the Blessed Mother appeared in a vision to Simon, gave him the brown scapular and said: “Receive most beloved son, the scapular of thy Order, a sign of my confraternity, a privilege both to thee and to all Carmelites, in which he that dieth shall not suffer eternal fire; behold the sign of salvation, a safeguard in danger, the covenant of peace and everlasting alliance.” (For information on this event read “A Short Treatise of the Antiquity, Institution, Excellency, Indulgences, Privileges, etc., of the Ancient Confraternity of Our Blessed Lady of Mount Carmel, Called the Scapular,” by R.J. Colgan, published in 1847.)

Mary apparently added another way to salvation (no Jesus needed).

St. Simon Stock and His Vision​

Legend holds that on July 16, 1251, the Blessed Mother appeared in a vision to Simon, gave him the brown scapular and said: “Receive most beloved son, the scapular of thy Order, a sign of my confraternity, a privilege both to thee and to all Carmelites, in which he that dieth shall not suffer eternal fire; behold the sign of salvation, a safeguard in danger, the covenant of peace and everlasting alliance.” (For information on this event read “A Short Treatise of the Antiquity, Institution, Excellency, Indulgences, Privileges, etc., of the Ancient Confraternity of Our Blessed Lady of Mount Carmel, Called the Scapular,” by R.J. Colgan, published in 1847.)
I don't understand what your issue is here.

Catholics do not complicate the "simple message of God on how to be saved."

You are the ones who do that with your laughable caricatures of Catholicism. Put the Jack Chick pamphlet down or go back to the JV boards.
Stop making your false assumptions. I have not made a caricature of the RCC, it does that itself with its false beliefs. RCs do complicate the message.

I have never read the Jack Chick pamplet it seems to be an American thing, and I have never been to the JV boards but RCs would probably get on well on that board they have a lot in common I believe.

DO NOT make false claims about me.

We believe that we are saved by grace through faith. Great, eternal life here we come.
And the large number of add ons, I mean you say it is not just faith in other posts made by you. I wish you would stop making changes to what you believe, you seem confused.

Back