Preordained

Solomon said, a man’s heart deviseth his way; but the Lord directeth his steps.
It is curious to me that that verse gets used as a prooftext against free will. What Solomon could have said, but didn't, is this: "God both plans the devices in a man's heart and directs his steps." Isn't it more natural to interpret this verse as indicating that God controls the circumstances around us while leaving our wills untouched?

It is curious to me that that verse gets used as a prooftext against free will. What Solomon could have said, but didn't, is this: "God both plans the devices in a man's heart and directs his steps." Isn't it more natural to interpret this verse as indicating that God controls the circumstances around us while leaving our wills untouched?
The Bible also says He moves the heart where He wishes it to go.

Like saying "Leave me alone God, let me do what I want?"

Paul was not just asking them to will and do by God's work because they were already doing that while Paul was there, ... but Paul wanted them to libertarianly increase it when he was gone.

Philippians 2:12 (KJV) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, ...
... but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:13 (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Paul was not just asking them to will and do by God's work because they were already doing that while Paul was there, ... but Paul wanted them to libertarianly increase it when he was gone.

Philippians 2:12 (KJV) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, ...
... but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:13 (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Do you have a point?

I'm sure and know of all those "private " meetings to win me back with the old gang. :ROFLMAO:

a couple of birdies on the inside tweeted. :ROFLMAO:
I thought you knew Calvinism.
If you did you would know. We know, We can’t steal you back. Lol, you should have known better than that.

The Bible also says He moves the heart where He wishes it to go.

Seems like some are really into the no one can be thing.

And you will beholdeth ....... when man is dead, and you will see.

That you can not see the living .....

For you have cursed them to not be.

Scripture says you are wrong Carbon.
Nope!
You say such a thing.

Grace was provided by God believing and placing Faith in Jesus is what God requires of YOU.
Ha, no offense friend. But this really makes no sense.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jos 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathersserved that were on the other side of the flood, or the godsof the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will servethe LORD.
Would you go to the book and chapter and explain the context? Thanks.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit-and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say,Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
?
If God commanded Adam to not eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and then PREORDAINED Adam to disobey Him then God broke His own covenant
So God can only hope people will make the right decisions

Nope!
You say such a thing.

Ha, no offense friend. But this really makes no sense.

Would you go to the book and chapter and explain the context? Thanks.

?

So God can only hope people will make the right decisions
Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 1:2 - Elect accordingto the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you,and peace, be multiplied.

Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 1:2 - Elect accordingto the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you,and peace, be multiplied.
What exactly are you trying to say here?
Are you trying to say you agree with me now?
Since the elect is sanctified of the Spirit (as it reads), the elect person believes.

Back