Preordained

Just like us, you haven't seen the details of that covenant.
All you've seen of it is "the day you eat of it you shall die"
This doesn't answer the question of whether or not Adam was preordained "foreknown" to sin.

But since you affirm God's infallible foreknowledge, you basically have no other option. To say "God didn't know" is to deny the infallibility of His foreknowledge.
Fortunately for the Calvinist position there is biblical proof of enmity put between good and evil, between your seed and her Seed.

Therefore the tenet of a sin nature can be biblically proven at least for the rest of humanity.
If God told Adam not to and preordained what He commanded him not to do then God broke His own covenant. You cannot have it both ways. The belief that God commanded Adam then preordained Adam to break His commandment to Adam is HERESY, and makes God look like a deceitful liar, which He is NOT.

Just like us, you haven't seen the details of that covenant.
All you've seen of it is "the day you eat of it you shall die"
This doesn't answer the question of whether or not Adam was preordained "foreknown" to sin.

But since you affirm God's infallible foreknowledge, you basically have no other option. To say "God didn't know" is to deny the infallibility of His foreknowledge.
Fortunately for the Calvinist position there is biblical proof of enmity put between good and evil, between your seed and her Seed.

Therefore the tenet of a sin nature can be biblically proven at least for the rest of humanity.
Did you miss the “ thou shalt not” ? If God preordained Adam to disobey the “ thou shalt not” then God broke His own covenant, which He did NOT do.

Exactly!
1 bad inheritance, 1 good inheritance.
I don't know if Christ's Righteousness is Imparted or Imputed to us, but becoming his Righteousness sounds like Imputation...

I would let the High Theologians debate about that. Believing one or the other wouldn't be bad...

Last edited:
If God told Adam not to and preordained what He commanded him not to do then God broke His own covenant. You cannot have it both ways.
Even using your errant definition of foreknowledge, God created Adam knowing every detail what would happen if He created Adam.
Your position is no better unless you deny God's foreknowledge (which you do)
The belief that God commanded Adam then preordained Adam to break His commandment to Adam is HERESY
Wait a minute LN. God already knew what Adam would do when He created Him. By definition that's "preordained"
Even your errant definition of foreknowledge can't save you on this one.
, and makes God look like a deceitful liar, which He is NOT.
I'm sure God is very concerned about how you regard Him.
Shaking in His boots I'm sure.

If God told Adam not to and preordained what He commanded him not to do then God broke His own covenant. You cannot have it both ways. The belief that God commanded Adam then preordained Adam to break His commandment to Adam is HERESY, and makes God look like a deceitful liar, which He is NOT.
You know your reasoning can be corrected, but you’re asking for us to go to places man cannot completely understand, there is always that mystery! After all, He is holy and perfect, we are not.
it seems some people have an exalted view of man. As if man is what everything is about.
But instead predetermined plans give exalted views of the character of God. It presents Him in His infinite wisdom, planing the nobelist ends and using the best means to accomplish them.

God is a holy and jealous God who alone deserves, worship, honor and praise.
It’s for His purpose He created the world and man. His all wise plans were not frustrated or changed by the temptation and the fall of man, nor will they fail through the wickedness of man.

God chose the fall for wise reasons. And the fall of man shall praise Him.
As you continue to look at these things with humanistic reasoning, you won’t see beyond your perfect mankind.

God provided the Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world. God did NOT preordained Adam to disobey Him.
And to stay consistent you should stop praying and asking God to save your friends and family members.
Maybe they want nothing to do with it, but you ask God to violate them.

?

Even using your errant definition of foreknowledge, God created Adam knowing every detail what would happen if He created Adam.
Your position is no better unless you deny God's foreknowledge (which you do)

Wait a minute LN. God already knew what Adam would do when He created Him. By definition that's "preordained"
Even your errant definition of foreknowledge can't save you on this one.

I'm sure God is very concerned about how you regard Him.
Shaking in His boots I'm sure.
I am so grateful that in defending the indefensible that I have not become so hearted that I cannot admit I am wrong, and maintain at all cost an error that cannot be supported by scripture. FYI, knowing what will happen does not mean God MADE it happen.

Back