Sunday Mass

An Italian bakery? Nope. Honest-to-goodness Roman Catholics, idols of Mary and all. And their Sunday customers flooded from the Mass (remember, RCs were fasting from the night before) to buy Kaiser rolls for break-fast. Mmm! Coffee and rolls slathered with honey butter! ?

I'll take your word for it that you knew the bakers were RC's , but I've met pizzeria owners who were Iranian, so sometimes the ethnic identity of the cuisine isn't the same as the name on the door. If a fellow named Hussein buys Tony's Pizza, he's likely to keep the "Tony " name on the marquee.

Old Brooklyn-ese. Brooklyn - where ya heats yer house wit' a "erl-boiner" (oil-burner) ?
O-kaaaaay wabbit. ?(Bugs Bunny lore)

I once met a guy from Boston (???) who sounded so unusual. His accent was the same that Kennedy's had way back when.

So, you are simply saying then that you believe the Roman Catholic Church's Liturgy of the Eucharist in the Mass is simply just a memorial service?
I believe I used the phrase "Living Memorial" as opposed to just "Memorial."

"Living Memorial" means that the mysteries of redemption are mystically made present through the celebration of the memorial. We aren't just calling to mind what Christ did, rather, what Christ did is made present in sacrament through the celebration of the ritual.

Protestants have "memorials" if they even celebrate communion. Catholics celebrate a "living memorial."

I would rather have Jesus in my life and not eat Him.

Christ followers already have Jesus present within them before they go to church, while they are in church, and all their time after church.

Catholics have to go to their Mass to supposedly get Jesus, only for Him to flee from the Catholic less than a minute after they supposedly chomp Him. If Catholics were taught the truth, or they believed the Word of God, they would not fall for the wafer worship that is the very "summit" of their religion.

I believe I used the phrase "Living Memorial" as opposed to just "Memorial."

"Living Memorial" means that the mysteries of redemption are mystically made present through the celebration of the memorial. We aren't just calling to mind what Christ did, rather, what Christ did is made present in sacrament through the celebration of the ritual.

Protestants have "memorials" if they even celebrate communion. Catholics celebrate a "living memorial."
I don't remember Jesus or anyone else referring to the Lords Table as a 'living' memorial. Do you? I checked my handy dandy concordance. Didn't see it there either.

This is like a tool your church uses to re-enforce the idea that a wafer is alive when it clearly isn't. You have to keep reminding yourself that your church is 'the' church and that your sacrifice is living. Funny, we never have to do any of that. We are the church. Jesus lives IN us. Not food. We are living sacrifices; Rom 12:1.

This is like a tool your church uses to re-enforce the idea that a wafer is alive when it clearly isn't. You have to keep reminding yourself that your church is 'the' church and that your sacrifice is living.

Having to make believe an inanimate object is your god is, by definition, unadulterated idolatry.

They know it is wrong because they clearly see what I speak of in others....but are willfully blind to it among themselves.

Having to make believe an inanimate object is your god is, by definition, unadulterated idolatry.

They know it is wrong because they clearly see what I speak of in others....but are willfully blind to it among themselves.
I always liken the rcc to the people in the stands at sporting events with the big finger 'we're #1'. They always have to say this to everyone and themselves. It shows a lack of confidence in who they belong to. Its not Jesus.

I don't remember Jesus or anyone else referring to the Lords Table as a 'living' memorial. Do you? I checked my handy dandy concordance. Didn't see it there either.
"Living Memorial" is a descriptive term that explains what the connection is between the Mass and the Last Supper.

I didn't realize a "handy, handy" concordance was definitive in meaning.
This is like a tool your church uses to re-enforce the idea that a wafer is alive when it clearly isn't.
Of course a wafer isn't alive! We do not believe that a wafer is alive! We believe Jesus is alive and present under the sacramental signs of bread and wine.
You have to keep reminding yourself that your church is 'the' church and that your sacrifice is living. Funny, we never have to do any of that. We are the church. Jesus lives IN us. Not food. We are living sacrifices; Rom 12:1.
Catholics do not believe that Jesus lives in food. That is more analogous to what Lutherans believe than Catholics. Catholics believe that Jesus IS food.

Make believe.

This is why we find this nowhere in the teaching of Christ or His Apostles.
As in everything else, WHO SAYS we find this nowhere in the teaching of Christ or His Apostles? Some Protestant fundamentalist on a website with an opinion? What makes you different from every other person with an opinion?

Make believe.

This is why we find this nowhere in the teaching of Christ or His Apostles.
As in everything else, WHO SAYS we find this nowhere in the teaching of Christ or His Apostles?

They do.

You cannot fool us with your Scripture is in secret code shtick.

We all know what it says plainly. It is literally an open book for all. If Christ or His Apostles had taught it, you would have produced it by now. Instead, you go with the usual cult apologist route of ""Who says?"

"Living Memorial" is a descriptive term that explains what the connection is between the Mass and the Last Supper.

I didn't realize a "handy, handy" concordance was definitive in meaning.

Of course a wafer isn't alive! We do not believe that a wafer is alive! We believe Jesus is alive and present under the sacramental signs of bread and wine.

Catholics do not believe that Jesus lives in food. That is more analogous to what Lutherans believe than Catholics. Catholics believe that Jesus IS food.
A concordance doesn't define anything. They find things. Like if someone says their Lord's supper is a 'living memorial' I can do a search to see if that term is even in the bible. It's not.

Jesus is alive. Using language like sacramental is just a way to get others to hop on board is meaningless. It's either Jesus or its not. It's God or it isn't. The word games Catholics have to play to legitimize this stuff is astounding. It's pure idolatry either way.

Jesus is food. He is the living bread from heaven. But we don't eat him literally. We believe in him. Romans 10:9-10 and many others.

Last edited:
Back