WHO said this?

Do you ever think about it? Or do you just like throwing dirt on people who disagree with you?

Jesus Christ said he was a man and that his Father is "the only true God." You don't believe him. You have a three-personed God that is never found in the Bible.
We've been over this "only true God" quote thousands of times. There have been NUMEROUS verses that show you are presenting the verse wrong.
Perhaps someday the Holy Spirit will change your heart...give you ears to hear... the truth. But apparently not today.

Do you ever think about it? Or do you just like throwing dirt on people who disagree with you?

Jesus Christ said he was a man and that his Father is "the only true God." You don't believe him. You have a three-personed God that is never found in the Bible.

Ye[, the one true God is the main character of the Bible and He is mentioned thousands of times yet not one single mention of this three person God anywhere.

But that is no problem for those who want to resort to insanity and imagine their man-made God into the Bible wherever they think they can get away with it.

But there is one problem with their little game that will never work - the only true God is the God of Jesus and his God is not a 3 person God.

Ye[, the one true God is the main character of the Bible and He is mentioned thousands of times yet not one single mention of this three person God anywhere.

But that is no problem for those who want to resort to insanity and imagine their man-made God into the Bible wherever they think they can get away with it.

But there is one problem with their little game that will never work - the only true God is the God of Jesus and his God is not a 3 person God.
The Triune God is revealed throughout The NT.
Thus NO problem.

Luke 1:35; Mark 1:9-11; Matthew 28:19; John 14:16-23 for STARTERS.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

No Trinity there.

Mark 1:
9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

No Trinity there.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

No Trinity there.

John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

No Trinity there.

You "see" the Trinity in those verses because someone TAUGHT you that God is a Trinity, and then showed you those verses as "proof." The Trinity is read INTO the Bible, it does not come FROM the Bible.

We've been over this "only true God" quote thousands of times.
A dozen or so.

There have been NUMEROUS verses that show you are presenting the verse wrong.
Name one.

Perhaps someday the Holy Spirit will change your heart...give you ears to hear... the truth. But apparently not today.
I'm certain that one day you'll know you were wrong to believe God is a Trinity. Maybe not today, but it will happen.

17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
18 “Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen;
My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
19 “He will not quarrel, nor cry out;
Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 “A battered reed He will not break off,
And a smoldering wick He will not put out,
Until He leads justice to victory.
21 “And in His name the Gentiles will hope.”
Matthew 12:17-21

Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him
;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 “He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.
4 “He will not be disheartened or crushed
Until He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law.”
5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives breath to the people on it
And spirit to those who walk in it,
6 “I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
8 “I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another
Isaiah 42

So specifically WHO is speaking in Isaiah 42?

Trinitarians do you think you can honestly manage a wild guess?

The speaker in Isa 42 is the Father. The Servant is the Son Jesus.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

No Trinity there.

Mark 1:
9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

No Trinity there.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

No Trinity there.

John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

No Trinity there.

You "see" the Trinity in those verses because someone TAUGHT you that God is a Trinity, and then showed you those verses as "proof." The Trinity is read INTO the Bible, it does not come FROM the Bible.
NO Trinity for the unitarian cultist, The Jew, the Islam in these passages.
For The Christian The Trinity shines forth in glory.

Polycarp believed in the trinity...
Polycarp (70-155/160). Bishop of Smyrna. Disciple of John the Apostle.

“O Lord God almighty . . . I bless you and glorify you through the eternal and heavenly high priest Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, through whom be glory to you, with Him and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever” (n. 14, ed. Funk; PG 5.1040).

I agree with that quote but there is nothing about person, substance, Trinity, co-equality, co-eternity, etc in that quote. So…

How does that quote show that Polycarp believed in the Trinity?

Therefore, it was the Father who said:
“I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another
Isaiah 42:8

This says the Father will not give His glory in full to other than the servant He was talking about in Isa 42:1-8, ie Jesus.

It does not mean other than the Father in particular.

John 5:23 (KJV) That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Hebrews 1:3 (KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Tell us...why are you allowed to be a multifaceted being....body, spirit, soul etc....where each part can be individual and at the same time represent you and be you while the trinitarian nature and essence of the Godhead has been demonstrated all throughout the bible when ....The Father, Son and Holy Ghost have all been identified as and called God as well as that all have done things only God can do...All of this has been demonstrated through their characteristics, works, what has been ascribed to them, grammatical usage, names, equality....BT, you're allowed to be a multifaceted being but God who is one in nature and essence yet three in persons isn't?

Do you see why I yawn at your replies? You can't answer the question and simply shrug them off hoping we'll skip over them.

Back