WHO said this?

Our Lord's God

17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
18 “Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen;
My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
19 “He will not quarrel, nor cry out;
Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 “A battered reed He will not break off,
And a smoldering wick He will not put out,
Until He leads justice to victory.
21 “And in His name the Gentiles will hope.”
Matthew 12:17-21

Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him
;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 “He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.
4 “He will not be disheartened or crushed
Until He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law.”
5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives breath to the people on it
And spirit to those who walk in it,
6 “I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
8 “I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another
Isaiah 42

So specifically WHO is speaking in Isaiah 42?

Trinitarians do you think you can honestly manage a wild guess?

I say Yahweh.

Isaiah 42:5 LSB… Thus says the God, Yahweh

I guess TRINITARIANS will say…
You're right...I DON'T KNOW. I have never really looked into the issue to the point you can tell or even if you can tell.

For instance God said...let US make man in OUR image...I don't know which of the persons of the trinity actually spoke those word or if they spoke those words in unison as a whole...but you demand answers as if I don't provide you with answers...your answers... then the trinity doesn't exist.

In reality you don't have a clue. If you have the truth, then why is it only YOU and only YOU who preach what you preach? Have you been singled out and called out by God?

Yes, Jesus was the servant...KENOSIS....that you deny. Yes, God the Holy Spirit was on Jesus. Do you actually have a point?
Do you think that verse denies the trinity? I don't. In fact it supports the trinity.

You're right...I DON'T KNOW. I have never really looked into the issue to the point you can tell or even if you can tell.

For instance God said...let US make man in OUR image...I don't know which of the persons of the trinity actually spoke those word or if they spoke those words in unison as a whole...but you demand answers as if I don't provide you with answers...your answers... then the trinity doesn't exist.

In reality you don't have a clue. If you have the truth, then why is it only YOU and only YOU who preach what you preach? Have you been singled out and called out by God?
Where does the Bible say God is a Trinity?

Yes, Jesus was the servant...KENOSIS....that you deny. Yes, God the Holy Spirit was on Jesus. Do you actually have a point?
Do you think that verse denies the trinity? I don't. In fact it supports the trinity.

The trinity has been demonstrated all throughout the bible when The Father, Son and Holy Ghost have been called God as well as done things only God can do...it has been demonstrated through their characteristics, works, what has been ascribed to them, grammatical usage, names, equality....so much so the trinity although not specifically named shows there is a trinitarian Godhead.

I'm sorry if you can't see that.

If you have the truth, then why is it only YOU and only YOU who preach what you preach? Have you been singled out and called out by God?

??? I have not been singled out.

I agree with the majority of second century Christians concerning the nature of God.

I simply reword what they believed using 21st century language.

Why is it you preach what the CATHOLICS came up with concerning the nature of God?

Your doctrine was decreed by CATHOLIC councils overseen by POPES hundreds of years after Jesus.

The trinity has been demonstrated all throughout the bible when The Father, Son and Holy Ghost have been called God as well as done things only God can do...it has been demonstrated through their characteristics, works, what has been ascribed to them, grammatical usage, names, equality....so much so the trinity although not specifically named shows there is a trinitarian Godhead.

IOW, the Bible never says that God is a Trinity. You were taught that God is a Trinity, then you "see" it.

If you let the Bible speak for itself, there is no Trinity.

IOW, the Bible never says that God is a Trinity. You were taught that God is a Trinity, then you "see" it.

If you let the Bible speak for itself, there is no Trinity.
Of course I was taught there is a trinity. Why? because there is.

Of course I was taught there is a trinity.
Yep.

Because the Trinity has been a part of "orthodox" Christianity for hundreds of years. People take it for granted, assume it's true.

because there is.
If you stick with the Bible, no, there isn't.

One day you'll see...

I agree with the majority of second century Christians concerning the nature of God.
And you know this how?

By reading the writings of second century Christians.

You can start by reading "On Pascha" by Melito of Sardis.

Your doctrine was decreed by CATHOLIC councils overseen by POPES hundreds of years after Jesus.
And you know this how?

By reading the writings of the Catholic councils.

Catholic Encyclopedia...
The transition to the Latin theology of the Trinity was the work of St. Augustine. Western theologians have never departed from the main lines which he laid down, although in the Golden Age of Scholasticism his system was developed, its details completed, and its terminology perfected.

It received its final and classical form from St. Thomas Aquinas. But it is necessary first to indicate in what consisted the transition effected by St. Augustine.

Yep.

Because the Trinity has been a part of "orthodox" Christianity for hundreds of years. People take it for granted, assume it's true.

One day you'll see...
That was one of the weakest responses that I have ever seen.

By reading the writings of second century Christians.

You can start by reading "On Pascha" by Melito of Sardis.
There's like 103 pages...do I need to read all of them or is there several pages you have in mind?

Polycarp believed in the trinity...
Polycarp (70-155/160). Bishop of Smyrna. Disciple of John the Apostle.

“O Lord God almighty . . . I bless you and glorify you through the eternal and heavenly high priest Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, through whom be glory to you, with Him and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever” (n. 14, ed. Funk; PG 5.1040).

Wasn't he around prior to Sardis?

Anyway for more "Early Trinitarian Quotes" ...go here.

That was one of the weakest responses that I have ever seen.
Do you ever think about it? Or do you just like throwing dirt on people who disagree with you?

Jesus Christ said he was a man and that his Father is "the only true God." You don't believe him. You have a three-personed God that is never found in the Bible.

17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
19 “He will not quarrel, nor cry out;
Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 “A battered reed He will not break off,
And a smoldering wick He will not put out,
Until He leads justice to victory.
21 “And in His name the Gentiles will hope.”
Matthew 12:17-21

Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him
;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 “He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.
4 “He will not be disheartened or crushed
Until He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law.”
5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives breath to the people on it
And spirit to those who walk in it,
6 “I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
8 “I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another
Isaiah 42

So specifically WHO is speaking in Isaiah 42?

Trinitarians do you think you can honestly manage a wild guess?
The Lord is speaking.

Yep.

One day you'll see...
The Trinity has been the doctrine of The Church for 2,000 years.

Back