Adam’s rib

The Bible tells us that God made Eve out of one of Adam’s ribs.

This account is so clear that there can be no doubt about what happened. God removed a bone from Adam’s side and replaced it with flesh. He then transformed that bone into Eve, the first woman.

But there may be more to the story than that. I have seen Bibles in which there is a footnote to the word “rib” saying that it can also mean “part of a side”. And here is something I found on the site gotquestions.org.

If Eve was made from Adam’s side rather than just his rib, what did that side consist of? We can find a possible answer by examining the details of how Adam and Eve were created.

God created man as both male and female on the sixth day. The second chapter of Genesis describes this creation in more detail. First God created Adam.

After this God made a garden and put Adam in charge of it. He then had Adam give names to all of the animals and birds. It was only after this that he made Eve. It seems unlikely that all of this could have been accomplished in a single day. If Eve was not created on the sixth day the only way man could be created male and female would be for Adam to have been androgynous, both male and female. The “side” or “rib” that was used to make Eve was the female part of him.
some good points. what I like the part adam was made before Eve and mot in the same day, "God created man as both male and female on the sixth day. The second chapter of Genesis describes this creation in more detail. First God created Adam."

correct, the genders were made on fay 6. but the first man/Adam was made before this.

but one thing that caught my attention when God took Eve out of Adam....... Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
question, "Where is the Blood?" bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh, so, why not blood of my blood?

:ninja:

Did God fashion women for Seth, Cain and Abel from their ribs too? Why did God stop creating women from ribs? Did God create female animals the same way too? Also, wouldn't Eve be the daughter of Adam or a female clone?

Did God fashion women for Seth, Cain and Abel from their ribs too? Why did God stop creating women from ribs? Did God create female animals the same way too? Also, wouldn't Eve be the daughter of Adam or a female clone?
don't be silly. from EVE and Adam came all people. no need to form any more, just have offspring..... understand now?

It is biologically impossible to create a race with only two people.
with God all things are possible. Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

now get this, this is basic bible study, Acts 17:24 "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" Acts 17:25 "Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;" Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

next.......

God flooded these people and rebooted the human race with only the family of Noah. He would need to save at least a dozen families to prevent inbreeding.

God flooded these people and rebooted the human race with only the family of Noah. He would need to save at least a dozen families to prevent inbreeding.
error, in the Garden there was no sin, nor defects. what God made was "GOOD"

It is biologically impossible to create a race with only two people.

Its biologically impossible to change a swift and adept four legged creature quickly into a snake crawling on its belly...

Its also biologically impossible for mankind who were all speaking in one language to suddenly break off into groups speaking a different language designated for each group.

Its also impossible to comprehend as reality for those who have not had a true spiritual "modification" enabling them to comprehend that God is a reality. A reality that unbelievers can not grasp.

Rib could be mistranslated and צלע be φαλλός

Its biologically impossible to change a swift and adept four legged creature quickly into a snake crawling on its belly...

Its also biologically impossible for mankind who were all speaking in one language to suddenly break off into groups speaking a different language designated for each group.

Its also impossible to comprehend as reality for those who have not had a true spiritual "modification" enabling them to comprehend that God is a reality. A reality that unbelievers can not grasp.

I think your confusing biological evolution with Pokemon evolution. Japanese and English are very different languages.

some good points. what I like the part adam was made before Eve and mot in the same day, "God created man as both male and female on the sixth day. The second chapter of Genesis describes this creation in more detail. First God created Adam."

correct, the genders were made on fay 6. but the first man/Adam was made before this.

but one thing that caught my attention when God took Eve out of Adam....... Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
question, "Where is the Blood?" bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh, so, why not blood of my blood?

God is a Spirit. Adam was the first to be of Gods Spirit, Gen 3;22. It is very obvious that Adam was not the first person on this planet for his own son went into the land of Nod and found a wife. It is that Adam was the first to be of Gods Spirit and from Adam on God did the same in man to make us in His image of Spirit which is Love to this very day no different from the knowledge Adam gain by Gods Spirit.

To most Adam was a sinner because they have not received form God to become like Him themselves as Adam did they place their own iniquities over on Adam in ignorance. Jesus receieved the same as Adam did in Matt 3:16.

And the story goes that the first man Adam was of flesh, Just as Jesus first was of flesh, The second man Adam was of Spirit and became like Giod to know this difference, see Gen 3:22. Jesus received the very same in Matt 3:16 when God opens in him the very same as He did in Adam. Matt 3:16, Jesus didnt know God nor His heaven either until God gave him a knowledge he had not before Matt 3:16, and that second man Jesus was of Spirit emerged.

I know -- that isn't what religious minds has been taught is it? Why? Because they have not receieved from God that what Adam did, Jesus did, Abraham did, Moses did, 120, did and all today who has received that what these did can know that difference, these are stuck in religious minds in carnality, flesh, and havent experienced that born again new man that all of these we read of receieved. They dont have a clue what that is to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. They do not have the mind of His anointing, the mind of Christ.

Rib could be mistranslated and צלע be φαλλός

Where are you getting your Greek reference from? How is that possible?

Remember? Adam said that "Ishah" was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.

Your Greek reference as I see it makes no sense for that reason.

And, would you mind translating ' φαλλός ' for everyone here so we can all be on the same page?

צלע does have homonyms, In 1 Kings 6:15 צלע means ξυλον "wood, plank", but in 1 Kings 6:34 צלעים are πύλαι 'wing of a pair of double gates'
or θύραι. In Exodus 26:26 צלע is the side wall of a temple, so σκέλος '1. leg from the hip downwards 2. side-wall of a temple' (LSJ)

For they drank from a spiritual Rock which followed them and the Rock was Christ. Rom 10:4
"sins" is rarely emphasised in the early text of Abrahamic religion, its more of a Christian obsession.
So why do you suppose that Jacob asked for the inheritance of faith for his descendants? Gen 22:18
May the redeeming Angel of the covenant [that is, the Lord Himself] bless them; Gen 48:16

Beware of Him and obey His voice; for My name is in Him. Ex 23:21

Last edited:
Back