Are the RCC pedophilia scandals winding down yet?

In the RCC, its to protect the predator with the Seal of Confession as well as diesel therapy, moving the offender to a new locale.

We need to remember that lay Catholics were active participants in this....for centuries...all over the world.

The priests were the monsters. The bishops handled the monsters and empowered them. The lay Catholics made sure to dutifully feed the monsters.

Their own children were being raped and brutalized....and they generally remained quiet. Those children grew up as Catholics....and they remained quiet too.

Those lay Catholics that did speak out in horror to what was happening to Catholic children were shut down and silenced....by other Catholics.

The same for the maturing victims. If any spoke out, they were silenced and coerced....by other Catholics.

It is the sick culture of Catholicism that produces this. This is why Catholics everywhere behaved this way....even as their own children were sexually abused.

edit

Last edited by a moderator:
But you continue to support an institution that for centuries has leaders who produce evil fruits.
I'm not supporting them. I'm saying this is a gruesome circumstance due to the fall of man and even more unfortunately, its not just a Roman Catholic problem. There was a cover-up within the SBC, the largest Protestant Christian denomination in the US.

I'm not supporting them. I'm saying this is a gruesome circumstance due to the fall of man and even more unfortunately, its not just a Roman Catholic problem. There was a cover-up within the SBC, the largest Protestant Christian denomination in the US.
Yes you are supporting them, you do so in all your posts. But the major difference is, the RCC make claims that are not true about themselves and these falls show. In Australia, they were worse than even secular institutions. They were by far the worse religious groups. Just because another sins, does not make the sin okay. it never does. You cannot justify it by they do it defence. WRONG is wrong.

Maybe a little too graphic for our young readers?

There is nothing more graphic than these crimes committed by those priests.
I merely used a cleaned up word to barely describe what those Catholic priests have done to those children.

Are these evils not allowed to be discussed on this board any more? They used to be.

There is nothing more graphic than these crimes committed by those priests.
I merely used a cleaned up word to barely describe what those Catholic priests have done to those children.

Are these evils not allowed to be discussed on this board any more? They used to be.
I cannot comment I did not see the post.

Agreed

The SBC, the largest Protestant denomination in the US covered up sexual abuse.

Just to be sure, I'm not saying that there was no cover up in the Roman Catholic Church. There was obviously years of it.

Its NOT a matter of which denomination is larger than another. Or that the sbc does it too. Like the church in Corinth, the RCC boasts about how it is the one true church, and how holy it is. But then tolerates sexual immorality among its leaders. This gives the unbelieving world legitimate reasons to criticize the body of Christ!!!

Church discipline is necessary, not just for the individual sinning but also spiritual health of the other believers who fellowship at the same church building. Its not our job to correct outsiders, meaning atheists and other people who are not followers of Christ. But it certainly is our job to correct those who profess to be Christians.

We can’t live in this world without being around atheists and the like. For then we would have to leave earth. Our job as believers is to judge and deal strongly with those who are members of the church and who are flagrantly sinning. Scripture tells us to.... not to keep company with anyone who claims to be a Christian but indulges in sexual sins, or is greedy, or is a swindler, or worships idols, or is a drunkard, or abusive. Don’t even eat lunch with such a person.

God alone is the Judge of those on the outside. But we who are believers most certainly are to deal with sinning church members.

You cannot justify it by they do it defence. WRONG is wrong.
I was not at all justifying what RC clergy have done (I also added that the Orthodox are not immune to this tragic situation). I'd like to see where I did justify the actions of the RCC or their clergy?

Its NOT a matter of which denomination is larger than another. Or that the sbc does it too. Like the church in Corinth, the RCC boasts about how it is the one true church, and how holy it is. But then tolerates sexual immorality among its leaders. This gives the unbelieving world legitimate reasons to criticize the body of Christ!!!

Church discipline is necessary, not just for the individual sinning but also spiritual health of the other believers who fellowship at the same church building. Its not our job to correct outsiders, meaning atheists and other people who are not followers of Christ. But it certainly is our job to correct those who profess to be Christians.

We can’t live in this world without being around atheists and the like. For then we would have to leave earth. Our job as believers is to judge and deal strongly with those who are members of the church and who are flagrantly sinning. Scripture tells us to.... not to keep company with anyone who claims to be a Christian but indulges in sexual sins, or is greedy, or is a swindler, or worships idols, or is a drunkard, or abusive. Don’t even eat lunch with such a person.

God alone is the Judge of those on the outside. But we who are believers most certainly are to deal with sinning church members.
I understand what you are saying and I am not justifying in anyway the actions of the RCC and how all the abuse was swept under the rug. I just made the comment that this tragedy is much deeper than the RCC.

Church discipline is necessary, I agree, and when this particular sin comes from the priest and nothing is done about it except moving him to another diocese where he can prey on more individuals is intolerable.

I was not at all justifying what RC clergy have done (I also added that the Orthodox are not immune to this tragic situation). I'd like to see where I did justify the actions of the RCC or their clergy?
That is how it appears whether you like it or not. When you say they do it to, that is justifying what is done. It doesn't. It does not diminish what the RCC has done for centuries. It is evil fruit is nothing new. It makes claims that their evil fruit prove are false claims.

Reposting the statistics from this country, it came out of the Royal Commission into every institution:

Of those abused in a religious institution, 61.4% were in a Catholic institution, 14.8% Anglican, 7.2% Salvation Army and the rest in various denominations

The RCC was noteable worse than all other religious institutions. Though in the past, the RCC has tried to justify these figures being the worst.

Back