Are You Grounded?

RayneBeau

Why do Roman Catholics feel that it is important for them to be well-grounded in the religion they have been instructed in, known as Roman Catholicism ?

If knowledge gives substance to their Roman Catholic 'faith.' then on what knowledge do those who are NOT Instructed in Roman Catholicism, rely on?

Why do Roman Catholics feel that it is important for them to be well-grounded in the religion they have been instructed in, known as Roman Catholicism ?
Well, where else will I find the fullness of the Truth of Christ?

So you have some place other than the RCC that this Truth is found? If so, where is it?

It is important to be catechized in the truth. That is why it is important to be Catholic.

As understood and taught by whom?

Let me anticipate your answer: "The Holy Spirit."

Now my question: the Holy Spirit in which sect and which believer?

Yep? Great. Where?
Sad that a professing Christian doesn't know where the Holy Spirit abides...

Let me answer that: within each and every born again believer.

The Holy Spirit doesn't abide in a religious organization, He abides in believers.

Yup. When they throw up their hands and laugh at the teaching and leading of the Holy Spirit, they concede they know close to nothing of the Apostolic faith.

The Holy Spirit doesn't abide in a religious organization, He abides in believers.

That is correct. That constant testimony of Scripture.

Yet at every turn it seems Roman Catholics are totally unaware of this, basically confessing they do not have Him. This is why they look to their Masters to tell them what is true.

Yup. When they throw up their hands and laugh at the teaching and leading of the Holy Spirit, they concede they know close to nothing of the Apostolic faith.

That is correct. That constant testimony of Scripture.

Yet at every turn it seems Roman Catholics are totally unaware of this, basically confessing they do not have Him. This is why they look to their Masters to tell them what is true.
Sad....this teaching is no different than any of the "one true church" cults.

Let me answer that: within each and every born again believer.

SO why doesn't every "born again believer" believe the same "truths"?

Because we feel it is important to be in good standing with God. See Matthew chapter 25.

The-Word-of-God-is-in-secret-code angle. :rolleyes:
If the Word of God so clear, why so many Protestant sects that disagree on what the clear Word of God teaches?

Clarity is not disproven by disagreement amongst fallen people.

Depending on the importance of the text in question, the clarity of any passage, in any language, can quickly be debatable.

Look at our Constitution...
Look at anyones Constitution...
Look at the law...
etc...

The "clarity" of any text, and the debate that will surround such texts, is directly proportional to the perceived influence said text has.

Because we feel it is important to be in good standing with God. See Matthew chapter 25.
You will not find what is true in God's Word in your man-made religion known as Roman Catholicism, pilgrim.
Jesus said, "Sanctify them in the truth; Thy word is truth" (John 17:17).
The truth is also in Christ Himself - "just as truth is in Jesus, " said Paul in Ephesians 4:21.
Dwelling on what is true necessitates meditating on God's Word and "fixing our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of [our] faith." Heb. 12:2

Back