Baseball Baptisms...Separating Truth from Fiction!

LOL the program was in the 50's and early 60's... he died is 1963 with the failed program over his head.

Which makes my point--"over his head". It was never adopted or ratified as a church doctrine--quite to the contrary.

As the references show--Henry D Moyle was released from his specific duties by the church, and most knew it was due to mismanagement.

One can find that in any organization, and need not dig up worms over a half century old to do so.

Which makes my point--"over his head". It was never adopted or ratified as a church doctrine--quite to the contrary.

As the references show--Henry D Moyle was released from his specific duties by the church, and most knew it was due to mismanagement.

One can find that in any organization, and need not dig up worms over a half century old to do so.

LOL...Your point changed a bit here, you said it was not a policy of the church, but a individual policy. There are a lot of policies that are not doctrine, you assertion it wasn't doctrine is a straw-man and a joke. What is doctrine, is that Moyle was a sustained prophet, seer, and revelators, and the president of the church, and other GA knew about this makin it policy, the mission president pushed the policy. It went on for several years. And yes he was let go for mismanagement...dah, which is one of the true assertions here. He was basically fired and they had to ex-communicate thousands of "members".

This was certainly a church policy, even if disagreed upon by lower ranked apostles...McKay, and Moyle were 1&2, just like Nelson and Oaks today, and McKay was aware of it.

It's really sad and tired to see you deny any truth coming from LDS doctrine and history that is negative of the church. This policy of baseball baptisms was adopted, put in place and ran it's course. It failed, Moyle took the hit and many people were hurt by it and to my original point it skews the membership demographics. No Doubt.

Before the church starts owning their shortcomings, the folks have to come to grips and hold them accountable...stop with "it was not doctrine" excuses...the church has countless policies, good and bad that are not doctrinal... and when one policy is exposed and bad, making the excuse it was not doctrine is just pathetic. Just like Blacks and the priesthood which was a huge failed policy.

Own it DB, it happen then and even later in South America with the kiddie baptisms, and the soccer baptisms. No one know the exact numbers but there are millions of members that have no clue what Mormonism is, reject it, are dis-franchised, and that haven't stepped inside a chapel for decades.

Actually, it is less than 200 years old, from the fertile mind of Joseph Smith, Jr.
Get back on track Bonnie, you don't even know what we are talking about.

Elijah the Tishbite said:
:)Book of Mormon is almost 2000 years old, is that Old News :)

Elijah knew that JS did not exist 2000 yrs. ago, he made a very lame statement and does not know what he was even claiming. Neither do you for you feel for the same tripe.. (informal Nonsense)....

Certainly...Thomas Monson was the president of the church and did not serve a mission (WW2). But it is certainly not the norm.
Chuckle... lame Markk... many Bishops have been called and were baptized way after the ages of 18-21 which is the common age of most missionaries... where do you get your facts anyway... our new Apostle was baptized and never went on a mission... oh my Markk... you kill me. Chuckle.

First introduced to the gospel while working in Laguna, California, Elder Kearon later met missionaries on the streets of London, England, and was baptized on Christmas Eve in 1987. “I learned the Church is true, that our Savior lives and that we can live joyfully here and hereafter too,”
LDS Living.

Chuckle... lame Markk... many Bishops have been called and were baptized way after the ages of 18-21 which is the common age of most missionaries... where do you get your facts anyway... our new Apostle was baptized and never went on a mission... oh my Markk... you kill me. Chuckle.

First introduced to the gospel while working in Laguna, California, Elder Kearon later met missionaries on the streets of London, England, and was baptized on Christmas Eve in 1987. “I learned the Church is true, that our Savior lives and that we can live joyfully here and hereafter too,”
LDS Living.
Focus...what on earth are you talking about?

Bonnie asked if one had to go on a mission in order to be a bishop? I said no, and that President Monson did not because he served in WW2.

This is where you go back, actually read the context of what was said, and then apologize.

A cheap shot because you have nothing intelligent to say. Did you go on a mission?
You see Magdalena, I can be honest and tell you I did not go on a mission, no excues either. And I have not yet heard a yes or not from you. Silence usually is a indicator of being deceptive.

Focus...what on earth are you talking about?

Bonnie asked if one had to go on a mission in order to be a bishop? I said no, and that President Monson did not because he served in WW2.

This is where you go back, actually read the context of what was said, and then apologize.
"But it is certainly not the norm". Markk said. Need I say more! Were talking about Bishops Markk! in case you stray to far away... LOL

You see Magdalena, I can be honest and tell you I did not go on a mission, no excues either. And I have not yet heard a yes or not from you. Silence usually is an indicator of being deceptive.
Yes, I’ve probably read the Book of Mormon more than you have. Sometimes silence is an indicator of real humility. Not bragging.

Back