CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?

CharismaticLady

John 14:23-24

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.

Only the righteous and holy will reach heaven as seen in Revelation 22:11. You cannot be righteous in your own willpower so you cannot save yourself by trying to overcome sin on your own from knowledge of the Ten Commandments. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags. But you must be righteous, even holy! But our sin nature keeps pulling us down. What a conundrum!

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation. If you think just knowing about Jesus as a Savior from condemnation and guilt is salvation, but you still struggle with sin, as some peddle Christianity, don’t be fooled. That is not salvation.

God knows our heart. God will not be mocked and cannot be conned. Will you be sorely surprised in the end? Don’t be one of those with itching ears who are hoodwinked by false teachers peddling sugar-coated doctrines of demons, especially ones who twist scripture about "always being a sinner in need of a Savior," and "don't do “works” such as repentance or obedience"!

Those who have been taught the lie that will not set them free that they will always be sinners, and Jesus saves us from the condemnation of our sinning, and not sin, itself, do not teach the words of Jesus, “Those who love Him, keep His commandments.”

Last edited:
Sinless perfection; I doubt that is the intent of OP? The OP seems to have two themes: easy believism vs daily struggle of the child of God.

Sinless perfection; I doubt that is the intent of OP? The OP seems to have two themes: easy believism vs daily struggle of the child of God.

We aren't talking about sinless perfection, which doesn't even exist when we are first saved. But when you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness, are you with sin, or without sin? That doesn't even mean "perfection."

We aren't talking about sinless perfection, which doesn't even exist when we are first saved.
OK.

But when you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness, are you with sin, or without sin? That doesn't even mean "perfection."
1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation.

Jesus is The Spirit. It's The Father who gives us His Spirit.

2 Cor 13:3
Christ is speaking through me.

2 Sam 23:2
The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me;

2 Cor 3:17
Christ is The Spirit of the Lord.

John 14:18-20
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Jesus is The Spirit. It's The Father who gives us His Spirit.

2 Cor 13:3
Christ is speaking through me.

The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me;

2 Cor 3:17
Christ is The Spirit of the Lord.

John 14:18-20
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
That was not my point.

There are many "Christians" that do not have the Spirit in them from Jesus or the Father. They are forever learning, but never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. In fact, anything regarding the supernatural side of the Spirit is foolishness to them, because they haven't received Him.

That was not my point.

There are many "Christians" that do not have the Spirit in them from Jesus or the Father. They are forever learning, but never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. In fact, anything regarding the supernatural side of the Spirit is foolishness to them, because they haven't received Him.

You keep saying the Spirit possibly comes from Jesus, which is wrong.

Ps 33:6
By the Word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the Spirit of his mouth.

The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his Word was on my tongue.

God's Word = The Spirit..

Ps 33:6
By the Word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the Spirit of his mouth.

The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his Word was on my tongue.

God's Word = The Spirit..
You really want to be heard, but so do I. Stop going off topic into tunnel vision. I'll ask again:

But when you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness by the Spirit, are you with sin, or without sin?

Stop missing the point.

You really want to be heard, but so do I. Stop going off topic into tunnel vision. I'll ask again:

But when you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness by the Spirit, are you with sin, or without sin?

Stop missing the point.

I don't know the answer.

But I was responding to something you said, so I don't see how it was off topic.

If you don't want people to respond to what you say, say nothing.

I don't know the answer.

But I was responding to something you said, so I don't see how it was off topic.

If you don't want people to respond to what you say, say nothing.
Just because you have tunnel vision doesn't mean that you are the only one I'm talking to, so I will not say nothing.

Have you read Romans 8:9?
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Do you agree that Jesus is God and Christ?

You were quite plain enough. You will not boss me around. I am here for a purpose, and you trying to quiet me won't work. I only answer to God and say His words, but you won't listen.

I wasn't trying to boss you around or quiet you. I just meant don't accuse me of being off topic/try to quiet me just for responding to something you said..

"The Spirit of Christ" is another name for Christ Himself.

Are you gonna try to argue now?

Of course.
You foolishly say we do not get the Spirit from Christ, but we do. The three are one. Now get back to the topic of this OP or start one of your own and leave this one. It is against the rules to continue off topic.

Back