Census: Less than half of England and Wales population identifies as Christian

Consider what would happen today if a British political leader made quotes like these from Churchill:
I would suspect Churchill is now considered a racist xenophobe bent on Christan nationalism. In other words a fascist of some sort.

When they run away from reality they run right into the stupid wall.

I would suspect Churchill is now considered a racist xenophobe bent on Christan nationalism. In other words a fascist of some sort.

When they run away from reality they run right into the stupid wall.

Yes, Churchill would be crucified, at least politically. Back in February, the leader of MI6 made it clear that the proxy war against Russia is about defending LGBT+ rights:

With the tragedy and destruction unfolding so distressingly in Ukraine, we should remember the values and hard won freedoms that distinguish us from Putin, none more than LGBT+ rights. https://www.eutimes.net/2022/02/uk-mi6-spy-chief-says-war-in-ukraine-is-about-lgbt-rights/

A Democratic congressman recently echoed similar ideas:
Moscow right now is … a world center of antifeminist, antigay, anti-trans hatred, as well as the homeland of replacement theory for export . . . Moscow right now is a hub of corrupt tyranny, censorship, authoritarian repression, police violence, propaganda, government lies and disinformation, and planning for war crimes … In supporting Ukraine, we are opposing these fascist views, and supporting the urgent principles of democratic pluralism.

Meanwhile western government have been silent as Kyiv as moved to ban the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which is in communion with Moscow. Apparently "freedom of religion" is not one of the values that the West is willing to defend.

There is ultimately no other source of morality except a creator.
This is a bald assertion - why?
The atheist view is variable,
So? Unanimity doesn't connote correctness (and that's assuming that correctness is even possible).
The Christian view is imple: life's goal is conformity with the divine, so that anything that detracts from that is plausibly immoral.

Simplicity doesn't connote correctness, either.
But what is rape? All you've done is offload the definition of what is moral onto what is rape.
Sexual activity where not all participants are consenting.
The dictionary would have told you as much.
What happens if a woman voluntarily disrobes in the presence of a man not belonging to a recognized profession? Should allegations of rape be entertained?
No - no sexual contact has taken place.
But laws are in place for public exposure, which is a separate charge.
Then you would find the whole penal system immoral per se.
No, because I consider that harm to be justified.
My morality is defined in terms of intent to cause unjustified harm.
Meaningless. What is the standard for rape?
"Do all participants consent?"
Not all allegations can be proven or objectively justified.
Correct - so?
If I do something to you that you can't prove in court, that does not affect the morality of what I did.
You concur that atheist "morality" admits of no fixed standard,
No.
Each individual atheist's standard is fixed.
is opinionated
I see no morality that is not opinionated.
"What my god says is moral, is moral" is opinion, until it is proven, and not merely asserted.
and radically different from theist morality.
Again, no - you and I likely agree on the vast majority of moral questions.
The only difference is that I think, and you read.

I disagree. Christians believe atheists do not have an appropriate moral standard.

The above is an example of why we discredit atheistic "morality." You condem yourself by the above comment because atheism is, par excellence, a solipsistic creed leading to a juvenile self-centred sense of morality which panders to self and is irreconcilable with the objectivity of the creator.
yet somehow or another, atheists are much more honest and descent than Christians

Back