Christians: admit what you don't know

Dizerner

I think many Christians come across as too much of a know-it-all. I don't find that appealing at all.

When you boil it all down to it, we only believe in Christ because somehow we experienced a miracle that changed who we are.

I say lose the smug condescension and judgmental attitude towards those who have not yet experienced that same miracle.

I think many Christians come across as too much of a know-it-all. I don't find that appealing at all.

When you boil it all down to it, we only believe in Christ because somehow we experienced a miracle that changed who we are.

I say lose the smug condescension and judgmental attitude towards those who have not yet experienced that same miracle.

Sorry, but if an atheist tells me he KNOWS that I cannot KNOW that Jesus rose from the dead, I will continue to dispute that.

I don't find atheists or this area appealing.

Which is ok, it's not about me.

Oh and christians don't know a lot. Atheists know even less.

I think the format of a discussion board lends itself to viewing others as a "know it all", Christian or Atheist, Agnostic, or whatever. And since these boards are fueled by disagreement and between people who have never met, things can be very caustic. A board like this, where you are discussing things with faceless people (and some intentional trolls), the worst parts of the writer and the reader are prone to come out.

I suspect if you sat down and had a beer with one of these Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, or whatever, even if you disagreed about everything, you would find that they are at least thinking about the issues (social skills notwithstanding) regardless of beliefs.

There are a few here that have managed to find graceful ways to discuss things on these boards, and they should be emulated (and some of us are trying).

Ok, without assuming that I know what you're talking about, please elaborate on this "know it all" theme of yours.

To be fair, there is a difference between "know-it-all" and "has an answer for everything."

Many Christians (and almost all "Christians") in here strike me as the latter.

I would say the same exact thing about atheists, that they are smug arrogant self absorbed know-it-alls. But beyond that there is much I don't know as a Christian. God however doesnt want our knowledge he wants out hearts.

Last edited:
To be fair, there is a difference between "know-it-all" and "has an answer for everything."

Many Christians (and almost all "Christians") in here strike me as the latter.
I have found that may atheist have asked questions...and have received answers known for hundreds of years...and despite that, continue to push their answered question.

The Atheist come off as "christian" know it alls.

I would say the same exact thing about atheists, that they are smug arrogant self absorbed know-it-alls. But beyond that there is much I don't know as a Christian. God however doesnt want our knowledge he wants out hearts.
You come across as a smug, arrogant self absorbed know-it-all. Your look at the the trees is particularly small minded.

So what? Your inability to understand the trees is particularly moronic. Thus is fun
Don't worry.
Everyone who doesn't think exactly like him he views as smug, arrogant, self-absorbed, unreasonable, etc...

So, I'm thinking that you're in good company!

Don't worry.
Everyone who doesn't think exactly like him he views as smug, arrogant, self-absorbed, unreasonable, etc...

So, I'm thinking that you're in good company!
Well being called smug arrogant and self absorbed was a real problem for him.
Atheists aren't very impressive

So what? Your inability to understand the trees is particularly moronic. Thus is fun
So what? Really? You obviously don't understand the faults in your idiotic statement. No wonder you believe the moronic things you do with your poor thinking ability.

Back