Cinnamon: I love it! And it's one of the many reason if I were only a mere theist, I would SUSPECT that my Creator is at least fond of me.

Did God provide Pufferfish instruction or did he wait till a host of poor unfortunate souls that must not have meant a lot to Him helped us figure that out through their deaths?
Do you think our DNA is as originally created?

I didn’t change the subject. I pointed out your error and framed it correctly for you and in thus doing refuted the OPs intention, an intention that you weren’t even aware of... even though you made it.
Are you saying God didn't give us tasty foods?

And yet you did. The subject was the supposed evolution of spices, and/or the evolution of our taste buds. You changed it to puddles which don't evolve at all.
No. you don’t even know what your own topic was. Your topic was why are spices so tasty if they are not evolutionally necessary based on nutritional value? That’s a teleological argument.

Are you saying God didn't give us tasty foods?
Yes. There’s a lot of stuff down here we mash, cook, carve, chew, grind, alter, strip, separate, pilfer, skin, engineer, cover up with gravy, die from - either with slow arteriosclerosis or immediate choking or poison (who designs to put food in the same hole you breath with - dumb). We gather lots of crap to fill a belly in need in many different and unintended ways if you look at the original design of our base materials. Doesn’t look like God really designed much to be used as is.

Do you think our DNA is as originally created?
I don’t know. I never looked into that. I don’t know much about evolution either. I see the world as a natural revelation, and I see no design in it. Just patterns developed over time. Some efficient, some just goofy and nonsensical, but got the job done anyway, like the eye, or the organelle.

Doesn’t look like God really designed much to be used as is.

He gave us a variety of uses for a variety of gifts. Ever heard of George Washington Carver?

"In all, he developed more than 300 food, industrial and commercial products from peanuts, including milk, Worcestershire sauce, punches, cooking oils, salad oil, paper, cosmetics, soaps and wood stains. He also experimented with peanut-based medicines, such as antiseptics, laxatives and goiter medications."

The topic was evolution. I wrote the OP.

Correct. So you changed your mind in the middle of your own paragraph. Now my subject did involve evolution. How wishy-washy can you get?
No. Your salient question was why they are so tasty if so unnecessary. That has nothing to do with evolution, but environmental circumstance - thus the quintessential core of your OP is a teleological question.

Last edited:
He gave us a variety of uses for a variety of gifts. Ever heard of George Washington Carver?

"In all, he developed more than 300 food, industrial and commercial products from peanuts, including milk, Worcestershire sauce, punches, cooking oils, salad oil, paper, cosmetics, soaps and wood stains. He also experimented with peanut-based medicines, such as antiseptics, laxatives and goiter medications."
Yes I have... thus proving my point. Thanks.

Yes. There’s a lot of stuff down here we mash, cook, carve, chew, grind, alter, strip, separate, pilfer, skin, engineer, cover up with gravy, die from - either with slow arteriosclerosis or immediate choking or poison (who designs to put food in the same hole you breath with - dumb). We gather lots of crap to fill a belly in need in many different and unintended ways if you look at the original design of our base materials. Doesn’t look like God really designed much to be used as is.
Many foods have been redesigned.

I was asked to buy some sugar free mints....so I bought some. It even said sugar free on the package. So it must then be good for you. The sugar was replaced with aspartame. Aspartame is good for you? Right?

I don’t know. I never looked into that. I don’t know much about evolution either. I see the world as a natural revelation, and I see no design in it. Just patterns developed over time. Some efficient, some just goofy and nonsensical, but got the job done anyway, like the eye, or the organelle.
Interesting take...How did the organelle evolve? How did the organelle evolve to "build" other organelle? Then again you said you don't know much about evolutionism so why should I even be asking you?

Many foods have been redesigned.

I was asked to buy some sugar free mints....so I bought some. It even said sugar free on the package. So it must then be good for you. The sugar was replaced with aspartame. Aspartame is good for you? Right?
No. that stuff is crap. I’ll take the sugar any day.

Interesting take...How did the organelle evolve? How did the organelle evolve to "build" other organelle? Then again you said you don't know much about evolutionism so why should I even be asking you?
Like I said, I don’t know about evolution, so I wouldn’t try to attach some evolutionary process to it that I don’t understand. I just see what is presented, and biologically speaking, the organelle it is a pretty elaborate and convoluted way to get a very simple outcome. If that’s designed, I’d personally go back to the drawing board and eliminate many potential points of failure and unintended outcomes.

Like I said, I don’t know about evolution, so I wouldn’t try to attach some evolutionary process to it that I don’t understand. I just see what is presented, and biologically speaking, the organelle it is a pretty elaborate and convoluted way to get a very simple outcome. If that’s designed, I’d personally go back to the drawing board and eliminate many potential points of failure and unintended outcomes.
I've presented several videos on forums that show what organelle do. I've come to the conclusion that thy are not a product of deep time, chance and mutations. Heck, even the genetic code...DNA...which is followed to produce organelle is so complicated and sophisticated intelligent design is the only logical answer. Because some scientist say they evolved doesn't make it so.

I've presented several videos on forums that show what organelle do. I've come to the conclusion that thy are not a product of deep time, chance and mutations. Heck, even the genetic code...DNA...which is followed to produce organelle is so complicated and sophisticated intelligent design is the only logical answer. Because some scientist say they evolved doesn't make it so.
You make it sound deflationary with "some scientists". How about, the experts in the field agree that these things evolved.

What expertise in the field do you have? Just because some religious fundamentalists say they didn't evolve doesn't make it so.

True, but complexity is less of a design indication compared to deep time as a designer is usually want to break down complexity with iterated improvement, not build more onto it..

Last edited:
Back