Creationism is nonsense

1. The universe is defined as "Everything that exists".

2. God exists.

3. God is eternal.

Hence something has existed for eternity, so the universe -- All that exists -- is also eternal.

That's pretty good, but for one thing:

God is outside of His creation.

In fact, that's one of His attributes:

God is transcendent.

That's pretty good, but for one thing:

God is outside of His creation.

In fact, that's one of His attributes:

God is transcendent.
Yes, God is not part of creation, however, God does exist. Hence God is part of the ATE universe. Bear in mind that the ATE universe is not the same as the created universe. God is external to the created universe, but is included in the ATE universe. The ATE universe is not created because at least one constituent of that universe is not created.

Anything external to the ATE universe does not exist, by definition.

Yes, God is not part of creation, however, God does exist. Hence God is part of the ATE universe. Bear in mind that the ATE universe is not the same as the created universe. God is external to the created universe, but is included in the ATE universe. The ATE universe is not created because at least one constituent of that universe is not created.

Anything external to the ATE universe does not exist, by definition.

What's the "ATE universe"?

What's the "ATE universe"?
My apologies for not defining my terms more clearly.

The ATE universe is the philosophically defined "All That Exists" universe. Any existing gods are included, as are existing angels, devils, ghosts, hells, heavens etc. Also the entire material universe is included.

If any existing thing is eternal, then the ATE universe is also eternal. The ATE universe has no external cause, since anything external to the ATE universe does not exist, by definition.

My apologies for not defining my terms more clearly.

The ATE universe is the philosophically defined "All That Exists" universe. Any existing gods are included, as are existing angels, devils, ghosts, hells, heavens etc. Also the entire material universe is included.

If any existing thing is eternal, then the ATE universe is also eternal. The ATE universe has no external cause, since anything external to the ATE universe does not exist, by definition.

Got it ... thanks!

Back