DeSantis Is in

Backup

I think he has a better chance of being the nominee than Trump does.

It’s tempting to believe DeSantis is a cynical, old school, Dixiecrat using bigotry to rile up the base.

But I guess we have to proceed assuming he sincerely believes all that crazy stuff.

I have mixed feelings about DeSantis. On the one hand, at least he's not Trump. On the other hand, he's DeSantis.

On the other hand he isnt Biden
Best to look at the policies, never gonna find the perfect person
Policies?

He signed a draconian 6-week ban on abortion which will hurt him in the general.
He initiated a ridiculous war against Disney, the largest employer in the state and the epitome of squeaky-clean.
He is on board with book bans and remaking higher education to reflect RW views.
He fired an ELECTED prosecutor.
He expanded the proliferation of guns in the state.
He approves of gerrymandering.
He has made it clear he is not interested in compromise or bipartisanship, derisively referring to Dems as "woke".

LWPolicies?

He signed a draconian 6-week ban on abortion which will hurt him in the general.
Sometimes doing the right thing has consequences. But men do the right thing in spite of the consequences to themselves.
He initiated a ridiculous war against Disney, the largest employer in the state and the epitome of squeaky-clean.
Disney is the epitome of squeaky clean? Clearly, you've never seen their recent movies.
He is on board with book banswo
Could you please name a book that has been banned?
and remaking higher education to reflect RW views.
Are you OK with higher education reflecting "LW" views?
Yep. Just like the state constitution says he can and should.
How? Why is the legal ownership of guns by responsible, law abiding gun owners a bad thing?
So do you, when it's Democrats doing it.
He has made it clear he is not interested in compromise or bipartisanship, derisively referring to Dems as "woke".
What's wrong with calling woke "woke"?

What have the Democrats tried to compromise on?

On the other hand he isnt Biden
Best to look at the policies, never gonna find the perfect person
As a Floridian, he is wildly popular here. If he did nothing else, even if we did not have the economic successes and the regulatory success we've had, I would vote for him just for how he responded to the devastation on Pine Island after Ian.

It's funny that non-Floridians love to criticize him and make up crazy things, but it never occurs to them to ask why people from their own states are coming to Florida in droves.

As a Floridian, he is wildly popular here. If he did nothing else, even if we did not have the economic successes and the regulatory success we've had, I would vote for him just for how he responded to the devastation on Pine Island after Ian.

It's funny that non-Floridians love to criticize him and make up crazy things, but it never occurs to them to ask why people from their own states are coming to Florida in droves.
OK.

The biblical Exodus from California and Gruesome Newsom task masters to Florida indicates something.

I think he has a better chance of being the nominee than Trump does.

It’s tempting to believe DeSantis is a cynical, old school, Dixiecrat using bigotry to rile up the base.

But I guess we have to proceed assuming he sincerely believes all that crazy stuff.
You forgot to slip in reference to conspiracy theories in your screed.

"the epitome of squeaky-clean"

Have you even watched anything Disney has made in the past 30 years? I mean it's not all bad, but some of the more recent stuff is morally abhorrent. I don't see how any company which aggressively markets homosexuality to children can ever, in any sense, be considered "squeaky-clean."

"the epitome of squeaky-clean"

Have you even watched anything Disney has made in the past 30 years? I mean it's not all bad, but some of the more recent stuff is morally abhorrent. I don't see how any company which aggressively markets homosexuality to children can ever, in any sense, be considered "squeaky-clean."
What movies are you referring to?

Sometimes doing the right thing has consequences. But men do the right thing in spite of the consequences to themselves.

Disney is the epitome of squeaky clean? Clearly, you've never seen their recent movies.

Could you please name a book that has been banned?

Are you OK with higher education reflecting "LW" views?

Yep. Just like the state constitution says he can and should.

How? Why is the legal ownership of guns by responsible, law abiding gun owners a bad thing?

So do you, when it's Democrats doing it.

What's wrong with calling woke "woke"?

What have the Democrats tried to compromise on?
It is not right to ban abortion at a point when many women do not know they are pregnant.

What Disney movies are objectionable.

Plenty of books have been removed from school libraries.

Higher education should be fact based.

As for that fired prosecutor:
US District Judge Robert Hinkle said in his opinion Friday that DeSantis’ suspension of Andrew Warren, the ousted state attorney for Hillsborough County, violated the First Amendment and Florida’s Constitution, but as a federal judge, he could not rule against a state official based only on the violation of state law.

The proliferation of guns is the main factor fueling gun violence in America.

I object to gerrymandering, and voted against it in my state.

"woke" seems to have degenerated into a slur that is applied to whatever the RW hates.

Dems compromise on most things. Obamacare is a good example of that as it was originally a Republican conservative plan.

You agreed a couple of months ago that not every book is suitable for elementary school kids. So you agree IN PRINCIPLE with those who would “ban books”. You just disagree over WHICH books should be removed (“banned”).

Reactions: BMS
Policies?

He is on board with book bans and remaking higher education to reflect RW views.
Sounds great. Vote for him

It is not right to ban abortion at a point when many women do not know they are pregnant.
it is if the alternative is pro-choice.

that is quite right if they are inappropriate. A lot of these are of s sexual nature promoted by the same lgbt activists promoting drag queen story time and gender identity child abuse.

Higher education should be fact based.
says the poster who doesnt acknowledge the facts of biological sex.

"woke" seems to have degenerated into a slur that is applied to whatever the RW hates.
good. Even traditional left wingers are considered right wingers by woke.

You agreed a couple of months ago that not every book is suitable for elementary school kids. So you agree IN PRINCIPLE with those who would “ban books”. You just disagree over WHICH books should be removed (“banned”).
I think books with graphic sex and violence should not be required reading for young kids, but should not be removed from school libraries where they would be accessible to more mature kids.

I think books with graphic sex and violence should not be required reading for young kids, but should not be removed from school libraries where they would be accessible to more mature kids.
graphic sex and violence for kids still though more mature kids?

So you effectively would ban the books from younger kids right?

Do you think those books should be "available" in elementary school libraries? Not required reading, but even "available"?

Look at this book this pastor brought to his school board. Watch this video (it's only 5 minutes long). Should THIS book be available in elementary school libraries?

Back