Did Titus exercise his own will in 2 Corinthians 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever that means. LOL

Clearly the text claims God deceived them into believing a lie. Something Tommy boy claimed God does not do.
You are somewhat confused

What i stated is if God determines his people believe false doctrine then he is a God of deception.

This is far different than acting against an enemy in judgment

2 Thessalonians 2:10–12 (ESV) — 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You are somewhat confused

What i stated is if God determines his people believe false doctrine then he is a God of deception.

This is far different than acting against an enemy in judgment

2 Thessalonians 2:10–12 (ESV) — 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
According to you he is a God of deception. He deceived people into believing a lie to condemn them. Would you call that deception? Yes or no?

According to you he is a God of deception. He deceived people into believing a lie to condemn them. Would you call that deception? Yes or no?
No according to your doctrine

for if EDD is true

God determine his children to believe false doctrine

God deceived his children when he stated

1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV) — 13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

but determined their every sin

deceived Israel when he stated

Ezekiel 33:11 (ESV) — 11 Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

when your doctrine holds he was pleased to damn them for his glory

"We say, then, that Scripture clearly proves this much, that God by His eternal and immutable counsel determined once and for all those whom it was His pleasure one day to admit to salvation, and those whom, on the other hand, it was His pleasure to doom to destruction
John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion book 3, chap 21, sec 7, 210-211.

for if EDD is true

1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV) — 13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Ezekiel 33:11 (ESV) — 11 Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

"We say, then, that Scripture clearly proves this much, that God by His eternal and immutable counsel determined once and for all those whom it was His pleasure one day to admit to salvation, and those whom, on the other hand, it was His pleasure to doom to destruction
John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion book 3, chap 21, sec 7, 210-211.
Yes, He determined you to believe false doctrine by simply allowing you to. He could fix you tomorrow but He chooses not to.

Those mentioned in 2 Thessalonians were not His children. He deceived them so they would believe a lie to condemn them.

Yes, He determined you to believe false doctrine by simply allowing you to. He could fix you tomorrow but He chooses not to.

Those mentioned in 2 Thessalonians were not His children. He deceived them so they would believe a lie to condemn them.
Sorry allowing is not determinating

and I posted no reference to 2thess.

for if EDD is true

RG never addresses the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back