Disappearing Quoted posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiburon

Peoples posts keep disappearing. In some threads I have replied to someone's post only to come back later and find that what I quoted has disappeared and been replaced with "Deleted". This has also happened to posts of mine that others have quoted. It is happening long after the post has been closed to editing.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Peoples posts keep disappearing. In some threads I have replied to someone's post only to come back later and find that what I quoted has disappeared and been replaced with "Deleted". This has also happened to posts of mine that others have quoted. It is happening long after the post has been closed to editing.
Does anyone know what is going on?
If a post is deleted by a moderator that is what will happen.

If a post is deleted by a moderator that is what will happen.
Here is an example
Here my quoted posts have disappeared. I can see no deleted posts and I have received no infractions.
Surely if a moderator deleted a post it would say deleted by moderator due to xyz wouldn't it?

Here is an example
Here my quoted posts have disappeared. I can see no deleted posts and I have received no infractions.
Surely if a moderator deleted a post it would say deleted by moderator due to xyz wouldn't it?
Not necessarily. They were deleted by a mod.

Not necessarily. They were deleted by a mod.
Well if so it would help if a reason was provided to alert us. Otherwise it just looks like something is broken and we don't know that we have transgressed. Thank you for the response.

Well if so it would help if a reason was provided to alert us. Otherwise it just looks like something is broken and we don't know that we have transgressed. Thank you for the response.
The original quote was deleted and a mod did put the reason. Do not question moderation of the boards. You may want to re read the board rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back