Does the name Yahweh refer to one Person here?

Yahchristian

Psalm 83:18... That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
In Psalm 83:18 one Person is NOT referred to.

TRINITARIANS, just to clarify your doctrine…

1) Does the name Yahweh refer to one Person here?

Isaiah 40:3-5 LSB… A voice is calling, “Prepare the way for Yahweh in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, And every mountain and hill be made low; And let the rough ground become a plain, And the rugged terrain a broad valley; Then the glory of Yahweh will be revealed, And all flesh will see it together; For the mouth of Yahweh has spoken.”

2) Does the name Yahweh refer to one Person here?

Isaiah 40:3-5 LSB… A voice is calling, “Prepare the way for Yahweh in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, And every mountain and hill be made low; And let the rough ground become a plain, And the rugged terrain a broad valley; Then the glory of Yahweh will be revealed, And all flesh will see it together; For the mouth of Yahweh has spoken.”

3) Does the name Yahweh refer to one Person here?

TRINITARIANS, just to clarify your doctrine…

Don't know. NO clear reference to one Person in this passage.

A non-Trinitarian or non-Oneness person has no problem accepting that Jesus represents Jehovah, and that whatever Jesus does or says within that mission of representing him, it is as if Jehovah himself were saying or doing it. But agency should not be confused with identity. And that is the problem of those who mystify the identity of God and his Son Jesus.

This is what Jehovah said to the Israelites about an angel who would accompany them throughout their journey until the conquest of Canaan:

Exo. 23:20 I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. 22 However, if you strictly obey his voice and do all that I say, I will show hostility to your enemies and oppose those who oppose you. 23 For my angel will go ahead of you and will bring you (...)

Was that angel Jehovah? No, he wasn't ... but since he carried "his name within him," anything he said had to be considered as if it were from Jehovah. Whatever he did was as if Jehovah himself did it. It was like having the King's seal. Most of the things attributed to Jehovah in the OT are actions performed by the angel who bore his name.

Last edited:
A non-Trinitarian or non-Oneness person has no problem accepting that Jesus represents Jehovah, and that whatever Jesus does or says within that mission of representing him, it is as if Jehovah himself were saying or doing it. But agency should not be confused with identity. And that is the problem of those who mystify the identity of God and his Son Jesus.

This is what Jehovah said to the Israelites about an angel who would accompany them throughout their journey until the conquest of Canaan:

Exo. 23:20 I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. 22 However, if you strictly obey his voice and do all that I say, I will show hostility to your enemies and oppose those who oppose you. 23 For my angel will go ahead of you and will bring you (...)

Was that angel Jehovah? No, he wasn't ... but since he carried "his name within him," anything he said had to be considered as if it were from Jehovah. Whatever he did was as if Jehovah himself did it. It was like having the King's seal. Most of the things attributed to Jehovah in the OT are actions performed by the angel who bore his name.
Jesus is The SON, NOT representative of The FATHER.
THE Angel of The Lord IS The Lord.

You're just trolling again.

The Scriptures mention God's name more than 6000 times. It is Jehovah.
AND guess what? Jesus means Jehovah is Salvation. Interesting, right?

Jesus, the best Servant of God, is Jehovah's Son. Isn't that great?

You're just trolling again.

The Scriptures mention God's name more than 6000 times. It is Jehovah.
AND guess what? Jesus means Jehovah is Salvation. Interesting, right?

Jesus, the best Servant of God, is Jehovah's Son. Isn't that great?
The NT Scriptures mention the name Jehovah 0 times.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit MANY times.

The NT mentions Jehovah hundreds of times, like here:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him.

You may not like it, but it's written: JEHOVAH resurrected and glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS.

The NT mentions Jehovah hundreds of times, like here:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him.

You may not like it, but it's written: JEHOVAH resurrected and glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS.
NO name of Jehovah in Acts 3:13.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit resurrected Jesus.

Don't know. NO clear reference to one Person in this passage.

Just to be clear…

It seems you are answering DON’T KNOW to all three questions.

Correct?

I would like to hear from EVERY TRINITARIAN on this forum…

NO name of Jehovah in Acts 3:13.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit resurrected Jesus.
You may not like it, but the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is JEHOVAH ... not the Trinity.

Gen. 32:9 After that Jacob said: “O God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, O Jehovah, you who are saying to me, ‘Return to your land and to your relatives, and I will deal well with you,’ 10 I am unworthy of all the loyal love and of all the faithfulness that you have shown toward your servant, for with only my staff I crossed this Jordan and now I have become two camps.

You don't seem to know the content of the Bible very well. 🙄

Just to be clear…

It seems you are answering DON’T KNOW to all three questions.

Correct?

I would like to hear from EVERY TRINITARIAN on this forum…

NO. Refers to the ONE God, The ONE Lord.

You may not like it, but the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is JEHOVAH ... not the Trinity.

Gen. 32:9 After that Jacob said: “O God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, O Jehovah, you who are saying to me, ‘Return to your land and to your relatives, and I will deal well with you,’ 10 I am unworthy of all the loyal love and of all the faithfulness that you have shown toward your servant, for with only my staff I crossed this Jordan and now I have become two camps.

You don't seem to know the content of the Bible very well. 🙄
IOW God resurrected Jesus from the dead.

IOW God resurrected Jesus from the dead.
Not the trinitarian God, but Jehovah:

Acts 5:30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake. 31 God exalted this one (...)

The God who seated him at his right hand:

Psal. 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

In the OT Jesus himself said:

Psal. 2:7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
9 You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”

It doesn't matter if you don't like it. It's written and I am helping you to know it. 🗣️

Not the trinitarian God, but Jehovah:

Acts 5:30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake. 31 God exalted this one (...)

The God who seated him at his right hand:

Psal. 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

In the OT Jesus himself said:

Psal. 2:7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
9 You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”

It doesn't matter if you don't like it. It's written and I am helping you to know it. 🗣️
God The Father, Son, Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
Case closed.

Heb. 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 9 And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been designated by God a high priest in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek.

To whom did "Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears"? To the Trinity?

Heb. 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 9 And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been designated by God a high priest in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek.

To whom did "Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears"? To the Trinity?
NO. To The Father.

Back