Dueteronomy 30:6

Given our recent debates on Ezekiel 36 I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith.

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendents so that you may love Him with all your hear and with all your soul and live".

Our detractors have agreed that replacing the heart of stone with a heart of flesh is regeneration. Clearly here regeneration must occur before one can love God with all there heart and soul.
Clearly. I believe you are correct fine sir.

Given our recent debates on Ezekiel 36 I thought I would post another verse proving regeneration precedes faith.

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendents so that you may love Him with all your hear and with all your soul and live".

Our detractors have agreed that replacing the heart of stone with a heart of flesh is regeneration. Clearly here regeneration must occur before one can love God with all there heart and soul.

But they still needed to repent/obey with all the heart and soul first. Then God would give them a new heart ...

Deuteronomy 30:1-3 (KJV)
1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,

2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt **obey** his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, **with all thine heart, and with all thy soul**;

3 That **then** the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.

Ezekiel 36:26 (KJV) **A new heart also will I give you**, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Laughable as you refuse to identify circumcision of the heart as regeneration in Col 2:11

It is in Christ and to be in Christ one must have faith

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

PS the verse you cite does not mention faith, so it can hardly prove your claim.

However, the context shows they are to return to the lord and obey his voice before that happens

Deuteronomy 30:1–8 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. 7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. 8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Circumcision of the heart here is sanctification, not regeneration.

Laughable as you refuse to identify circumcision of the heart as regeneration in Col 2:11

It is in Christ and to be in Christ one must have faith

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

PS the verse you cite does not mention faith, so it can hardly prove your claim.

However, the context shows they are to return to the lord and obey his voice before that happens

Deuteronomy 30:1–8 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. 7 And the LORD thyC God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. 8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Circumcision of the heart here is sanctification, not regeneration.
Circumcision of the heart is sanctification? How convenient. PROVE IT

Notice in the verse your heart must be circumcised before you will love God

But they still needed to repent/obey with all the heart and soul first. Then God would give them a new heart ...

1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,

2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt **obey** his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, **with all thine heart, and with all thy soul**;

3 That **then** the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.

Ezekiel 36:26 (KJV) **A new heart also will I give you**, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Nope. Notice circumcision of the heart and then you will love God

Nope. Notice circumcision of the heart and then you will love God

Notice the progression of scripture is circumcision of the heart is a result of repenting/seeking/obeying God ie **then** the Lord will give them it.

Deuteronomy 30:3

Last edited:
Circumcision of the heart is sanctification? How convenient. PROVE IT

Notice in the verse your heart must be circumcised before you will love God
context

Deuteronomy 30:1–5 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.

You will note first it is after they return to the lord and obey his voice according to what was commanded that day that the blessing are given.

And the means of circumcision of the heart is through the blessings and curses he set before them

context

Deuteronomy 30:1–5 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.

You will note first it is after they return to the lord and obey his voice according to what was commanded that day that the blessing are given.

And the means of circumcision of the heart is through the blessings and curses he set before them
Super, yet it says circumcision of the heart is necessary to love God. Good try though

Nope. Circumcision of the heart is necessary for them to love God. They did not obey Him because they hated Him. LOL
and is granted after they return to the lord

the chapter starts with verse 1

Deuteronomy 30:1–2 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

and is granted after they return to the lord

the chapter starts with verse 1

Deuteronomy 30:1–2 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
Show me the word "after" in verse 6.

Show me the word "after" in verse 6.
Context.

Why do you ignore it?

Deuteronomy 30:1–6 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Context.

Why do you ignore it?

Deuteronomy 30:1–6 (KJV 1900) — 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
I guess after is not there. Presuming once again.

It does not say circumcision of the heart is among them.
Actually it does

Deuteronomy 30:3–6 (KJV 1900) — 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

All things are connected by the conjunction and

verse 6 is all that the Lord would do after.

Actually it does

Deuteronomy 30:3–6 (KJV 1900) — 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

All things are connected by the conjunction and

verse 6 is all that the Lord would do after.

Actually it doesn't. Keep repeating yourself though

Back