Eucharist

Jesus has the advantage of being God and knowing peoples hearts right? He knows repentance when He sees it. Like Nicodemus, the woman at the well, the rich young ruler. He knows how to tailor the gospel specific to that persons need. Something catholics need to realize.
Yes, indeed! God knows when a person repents and is turning from sin with his own self-will, and forsaking everything on this earth which is opposed to God and His will, in order to know and do the will of God, for His glory.

Jesus has the advantage of being God and knowing peoples hearts right? He knows repentance when He sees it. Like Nicodemus, the woman at the well, the rich young ruler. He knows how to tailor the gospel specific to that persons need. Something catholics need to realize.
I love the story of the rich, young ruler who came to Jesus, fell at His feet, and earnestly implored Him to explain what he needed to do to inherit eternal life. He was morally upright and sincere. When Jesus quoted the Law of God, the young man claimed to have kept it from the time of his youth. But then, Jesus uttered these devastating words to him: "one thing you lack; go and sell all you possess, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." But at these words his face fell, and he went away grieved for he was one who owned much property."
What happened? Jesus put His finger on that man's idol and showed him that he had another god - material possessions - instead of the one true and living God. Thus, Jesus had shown him that he had broken the first and most important of all the commandments: "I am the Lord your God . . . you shall have no other gods before Me."
This was simply the application of a general principle.
If any man is to come to Jesus, then Jesus must be Lord of all to him.

We know that, even though you post as if you agree with what Johan has posted, we all know, that the above two statements are NOT what the rcc teaches or even remotely teaches. Because if it were so, it would not teach infusion, and the eating and drinking of real human flesh and blood as a requirement to become righteous through our own merits before we can even begin to receive God's grace.

In other words, the rcc teaches one must become righteous through his/her own power, strength and will. Scripture teaches otherwise. I can't speak for others, but I don't believe you when you say you agree with something posted by a non-rc, because those of us who are non-rc's already know what the rcc teaches. And no, we are NOT on common ground. And will NEVER be on common ground.

And discussing free will is not going to change those who fully trust God ALONE to give them eternal life and are grounded firmly in God's word and cause them to move over to the rcc. Those who join and follow the rcc, have severed themselves from Christ. And are lost, because their hope, faith and trust is elsewhere.

A new day said:
We know that, even though you post as if you agree with what Johan has posted, we all know, that the above two statements are NOT what the rcc teaches or even remotely teaches. Because if it were so, it would not teach infusion, and the eating and drinking of real human flesh and blood as a requirement to become righteous through our own merits before we can even begin to receive God's grace.

That word "infusion" is one of the RCC's 'choice' words. The RCC theologians use it a lot to explain away that which can't be explained rationally. For instance in Roman Catholic theology, "infused" grace is a spiritual power or strength given to believers that enables them to perform meritorious works.

Back