Eucharist

Not by faith ALONE. NCs assume, from the traditions of Luther that faith automatically means faith ALONE. this is not accurate. not historically and not biblically.
Eph 2:
8For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Gal 2:

16yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Gal 3:

6just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
7¶Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
8And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justifyfn the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

11Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Here are just a few verses. Post what they state other, than faith, that justifies man.

Eph 2:
8For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Gal 2:

16yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Gal 3:

6just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
7¶Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
8And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justifyfn the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

11Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Here are just a few verses. Post what they state other, than faith, that justifies man.
Do we see faith ALONE? there is a whole bible, correct? taking a verse out to proof text is handy but not the truth. you want the truth, correct? and those verses never say faith ALONE. Take in the whole meaning.

This is your excuse. there are no words in the bible that say by Faith ALONE are you saved. None.
When you by something at a store and the check-out person tells you that the total is 1 dollar, but he doesn't say 1 dollar ALONE, do you believe him? Or does that prompt you to try and pay more than 1 dollar if he doesn't say ALONE? Or do you just stand there all confused?

Do we see faith ALONE? there is a whole bible, correct? taking a verse out to proof text is handy but not the truth. you want the truth, correct? and those verses never say faith ALONE. Take in the whole meaning.
Okay in those verses post what ELSE other than faith is listed in those verses, that will justify us. If it is not alone that should be easy for you to do. If it is just faith, then plain old horse sense should let you know that faith is in there all by itself and that means ALONE in anybody's book.

Then read the whole book of Colossians and tell me what other than faith is needed. Your answers scream that you don't know the gospel at all. And will never even hear it in the rcc.

Then read the whole book of Colossians and tell me what other than faith is needed. Your answers scream that you don't know the gospel at all. And will never even hear it in the rcc.
no where does the bible say only by faith ALONE. you assume it whenever you see faith. but faith ALAWYS comes with other things. Faith without works is dead, or faith without love is a noisy gong. With faith there is ALWAYS repentance, obedience, and love. you do not have faith by itself, ever. never is faith ALONE.

there is NO evidence of faith alone. And not one NC has ever proven it. Seems weird, since this is a primary doctrine of yours. No where in the bible does it say by Faith ALONE are you saved. NOWHERE.
By golly, Catholics are extremely bo-ring! Y'all keep on whining, "Nowhere in the Bible does it say by Faith ALONE", and yet whenever asked what else does the Scripture say is needed, y'all answer with, "". Then a few days later, one of y'all says, "No where in the bible does it say by Faith ALONE." ?

Youse seem to be fixated on a translation into German as done by a 16th century Roman Catholic priest! Never mind that other translations (including Wycliffe, Bishops', Geneva, and KJV) do not use your "magic phrase", you wave it about like some sort of talisman, expecting us non-Catholics to faint dead away at the realization that your "magic phrase" is not found in the Bible. It's like expecting the word "Trinity" to be found in the Bible. The concept is in the Bible, and there it remains. Unless you can come up with something other than faith that the Bible says we are saved by. (Don't get your hopes up – your Master has not been able to do it in 500 years.)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

By golly, Catholics are extremely bo-ring! Y'all keep on whining, "Nowhere in the Bible does it say by Faith ALONE", and yet whenever asked what else does the Scripture say is needed, y'all answer with, "". Then a few days later, one of y'all says, "No where in the bible does it say by Faith ALONE." ?

Youse seem to be fixated on a translation into German as done by a 16th century Roman Catholic priest! Never mind that other translations (including Wycliffe, Bishops', Geneva, and KJV) do not use your "magic phrase", you wave it about like some sort of talisman, expecting us non-Catholics to faint dead away at the realization that your "magic phrase" is not found in the Bible. It's like expecting the word "Trinity" to be found in the Bible. The concept is in the Bible, and there it remains. Unless you can come up with something other than faith that the Bible says we are saved by. (Don't get your hopes up – your Master has not been able to do it in 500 years.)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
scriptures say love, repentance, obey the commandments, love God above all things and love your neighbor. what scripture does not say is by faith ALONE. NCs assume fatih alone which WAS started by Luther and only see faith ALONE and wonder why we do not see the same. It is your personal interpretation, NOT guaranteed by the HS to be protected from error that you give and NCs have stated, you are not infallible.

there is NO evidence of faith alone. And not one NC has ever proven it. Seems weird, since this is a primary doctrine of yours. No where in the bible does it say by Faith ALONE are you saved. NOWHERE.
No it is because RCs are blind to the truth. They like to think they can earn their salvation.

scriptures say love, repentance, obey the commandments, love God above all things and love your neighbor. what scripture does not say is by faith ALONE. NCs assume fatih alone which WAS started by Luther and only see faith ALONE and wonder why we do not see the same. It is your personal interpretation, NOT guaranteed by the HS to be protected from error that you give and NCs have stated, you are not infallible.
None of which a person can do without faith through grace. RCs do not understand what scriptural repentance is, they think it is remorse or penance that is a false understanding Without faith your mind cannot be renewed, you cannot have the mind of Christ, you have nothing. Atheist do good works and yet they are not saved. It is clear from scriptures we are not saved by works. Our works are filthy rags unless we are saved.

Your institution is not established by Jesus and is not guaranteed by the HS. If it was it would not be the bad tree.

no where does the bible say only by faith ALONE. you assume it whenever you see faith. but faith ALAWYS comes with other things.

Go in peace. Your faith has saved you.

Faith alone saves...all the 'other things' that come are done out of that faith.
Faith without works is dead,

Does God grant His children dead faith?
With faith there is ALWAYS repentance, obedience, and love. you do not have faith by itself, ever. never is faith ALONE.
The FAITHLESS do not repent, obey or love. That is done BECAUSE of faith.

No it is because RCs are blind to the truth. They like to think they can earn their salvation.
NCs think they alone know what scritputure teaches outside of the church Christ establishe. Perosonal intrepretation is not protected by the HS.

And you show you have no idea what Catholics believe. edit per mod Not love, not obey, not repentant, NOTHING. that isn't what the church nor the bible teaches. Sry you follow the traditions of men.

NCs think they alone know what scritputure teaches outside of the church Christ establishe.

Gee, I wonder how the Bereans were ever able to understand the scriptures since your apostate church wasn't there to tell them.
Perosonal intrepretation is not protected by the HS.
EVERY interpretation is personal interpretation.
And you show you have no idea what Catholics believe. Not love, not obey, not repentant, NOTHING. that isn't what the church nor the bible teaches. Sry you follow the traditions of men.
That is an outright lie. You should be ashamed.

Not one person on here has even implied that we are not to love, obey or repent.

NCs think they alone know what scritputure teaches outside of the church Christ establishe. Perosonal intrepretation is not protected by the HS.

And you show you have no idea what Catholics believe. edit per mod Not love, not obey, not repentant, NOTHING. that isn't what the church nor the bible teaches. Sry you follow the traditions of men.
NCs think they alone know what scritputure teaches outside of the church Christ establishe.

Catholics can't show us their church in the first century or their teachings. Without that you have nothing but rhetoric. Don't get me wrong, you guys excel at that but it doesn't make your claims true. There is nothing distinctly rc in the n.t. What, did all the writers of the n.t. forget to include all the catholic stuff? If you want to be in the church that Jesus established, be born again. Then you'll be in it.

Oh you are showing your ignorance once again. Obviously you do not understand scriptures. edit per mod I went to RCs schools and mass for donkeys years, so you are once again bearing false witness. Well done. It is you who follow the traditions of men and it show in every response you make. I follow Jesus not man, following men is a waste of time they are fallible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go in peace. Your faith has saved you.

Faith alone saves...all the 'other things' that come are done out of that faith.

Does God grant His children dead faith?

The FAITHLESS do not repent, obey or love. That is done BECAUSE of faith.
Then Scripture should say that. Where does it say that?

Then Scripture should say that. Where does it say that?
The verse catholics run away from, among others;

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

What did Jesus say saved this woman other than faith? Here comes the crickets or the spin or spinning crickets. That sounds like a cool band name.

The verse catholics run away from, among others;

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

What did Jesus say saved this woman other than faith? Here comes the crickets or the spin or spinning crickets. That sounds like a cool band name.
So here it is in context:

Luke 7

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

Hmm. I see works in there too.

no where does the bible say only by faith ALONE. you assume it whenever you see faith. but faith ALAWYS comes with other things. Faith without works is dead, or faith without love is a noisy gong. With faith there is ALWAYS repentance, obedience, and love. you do not have faith by itself, ever. never is faith ALONE.
Before one can truly love, obey, and do good works, that person must be saved, which is referred to as salvation. And salvation is acquired by grace through faith. You can't love for it, obey for it, or work for it. It is a free gift from God. And it is received by faith and only faith. That is part of the gospel. Like I said, you will never hear the gospel in the rcc. The rcc denies the gospel and that is why it is accursed.

Back