Even Washington Post cites stats that are anti-mask and anti-vaccine!!

stjerome5

Wow, this was interesting because I tended to think WAPO was just another dishonest lib rag

ID is the state w/ the fewest covid cases.. no mask mandate

From this article:

So with COVID now being disproportionately caught — and presumably distributed — by the masked and vaccinated, what’s the justification for authoritarian mask and vax mandates?

New York Times figures show that during the first week of the year (Jan. 1-7), the 10 states with the most COVID cases per capita were (in order) Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Delaware, Florida, Connecticut, Illinois, Hawaii and Maryland. All 10 have higher vaccination rates than the nation as a whole; six have rates in the top 10. Nine — all but Florida — have mask mandates for schools, and several — such as New York — have wider mask mandates.

Only one of those states is "non-leftist"

FL

+

Wow, this was interesting because I tended to think WAPO was just another dishonest lib rag

From this article:

So with COVID now being disproportionately caught — and presumably distributed — by the masked and vaccinated, what’s the justification for authoritarian mask and vax mandates?

New York Times figures show that during the first week of the year (Jan. 1-7), the 10 states with the most COVID cases per capita were (in order) Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Delaware, Florida, Connecticut, Illinois, Hawaii and Maryland. All 10 have higher vaccination rates than the nation as a whole; six have rates in the top 10. Nine — all but Florida — have mask mandates for schools, and several — such as New York — have wider mask mandates.

FL

+
It's important to note that in Florida you have probably the highest average age of residence of any of those states because Florida is a popular retirement destination. As such many of Florida citizens have weighed the risk of the vaccination against the risk of contracting Covid and decided that they're better off vaccinating. That seems like it ought to be a pattern for everywhere. People assess their individual health situation then make a judgment, and their decision which is voluntary and follows from that judgment. Personal choice it's completely self-regulating.

It's important to note that in Florida you have probably the highest average age of residence of any of those states because Florida is a popular retirement destination. As such many of Florida citizens have weighed the risk of the vaccination against the risk of contracting Covid and decided that they're better off vaccinating. That seems like it ought to be a pattern for everywhere. People assess their individual health situation then make a judgment, and their decision which is voluntary and follows from that judgment. Personal choice it's completely self-regulating.
thanks for reminding me of this kind of demographic

I had kind of been wondering why FL was on that list...

thanks for reminding me of this kind of demographic

I had kind of been wondering why FL was on that list...
Yes, until the omicron variant came along, it very much look like you were better off to take the vaccine if you had more than one comorbidity on the theory that the reduced risk of contracting the virus was worth the risk of vaccine side effects, provided you didn't have an objection to the vaccine on moral grounds.

From this article:

FL

+
Just got to wonder now how many of our liberal friends will now start calling the Wapo a crazy source?

Just got to wonder now how many of our liberal friends will now start calling the Wapo a crazy source?
I saw the reference to the New York Times, but I missed the reference to the Washington Post. However that may be, your point stands, because if possible the New York Times is even more main stream media than the Washington Post.

I saw the reference to the New York Times, but I missed the reference to the Washington Post. However that may be, your point stands, because if possible the New York Times is even more main stream media than the Washington Post.
I was going off the thread tittle which said Washington Post instead of NY Post.

Yes, until the omicron variant came along, it very much look like you were better off to take the vaccine if you had more than one comorbidity on the theory that the reduced risk of contracting the virus was worth the risk of vaccine side effects, provided you didn't have an objection to the vaccine on moral grounds.
"provided you didn't have an objection to the vaccine on moral grounds."

Or cared about spike proteins gathering around your body organs.

From this article:

FL

+
Florida is "non leftist" and packed with leftists geezers from New York and Jersey. spreaders Ha!

From this article:

FL

+
OOPS!!

Your link is to the RW New York Post, not the Washington Post!

Country with One of the Highest Vaccination Rates Has Highest Number of COVID Deaths Per Million People This Week –80% of Serious Cases are Fully Vaccinated​

Israel. All jabbed up and booster Plus.

I was going off the thread tittle which said Washington Post instead of NY Post.
Oh, I see. In the New York Post article it mentions the New York Times. The New York Post is generally considered a conservative news source. Of course the lefties demagogue it is a right wing rag. In reality it was founded by Alexander Hamilton. But your point stance because the factual center of the article comes from a quote of the New York Times, which is the source the left revers the most.

I went to Florida in oct 2020, fleeing the crazy pandemic-ness of my state…

I’d never loved Florida so much in my life.

If I had to sum up that trip in one word, it would be:

FREEDOM! ??

FREEDOM! ??
It's pretty great there isn't it?

FREEDOM! ??
I like hearing that word " freedom" from people who know what it means.

From this article:

FL

+
Certainly I am incorrect in thinking you are confusing the Washington Post, one of the most respected newspapers on the planet, with crazy New York Post, the Murdoch owned tabloid of “Headless Man found in Topless Bar,” fame.

Back