FTC bans worker noncompete clauses

vibise

These clauses prevented workers from getting new jobs in the same industry. They covered everyone from CEOs to fast food workers, and apparently are used a lot in the healthcare industry where doctors and nurses are prevented from switching to new jobs within 200 miles.

This is great news for employees who can now seek jobs at higher salaries or better working conditions without fear of reprisal.

Not surprisingly, the two Republicans on the FTC voted against this change.

The Federal Trade Commission has proposed to issue a substantive rule that would ban all non-compete clauses in employment contracts by declaring them to be unfair methods of competition. The proposal has a fatal flaw—the FTC doesn’t have the power to issue substantive rules.

More applause for fascist mandates by LWs

These clauses prevented workers from getting new jobs in the same industry. They covered everyone from CEOs to fast food workers, and apparently are used a lot in the healthcare industry where doctors and nurses are prevented from switching to new jobs within 200 miles.

This is great news for employees who can now seek jobs at higher salaries or better working conditions without fear of reprisal.

I am sure you as a non business owner and non employer are an expert on restrictive covenants.

Just a side note, Liberals were also proud of the Tramp Stormy and her breach of Non disclosure agreement on supposed blackmail.

Nothing prevented "Stormy Daniels" from signing an NDA except the amount she demanded to be given for signing it. 😉

These clauses prevented workers from getting new jobs in the same industry.
For stock brokers They called it "buying a book of business"

Stockbroker has a strong list of customers and pay him to come over and bring the accounts with him.'
Same with Bank commercial loan officers. You want to get Trumps business, you try to hire the banker who has some of his loans.

I practiced in a CPA firm I had a CPA I used in another city request that I introduce the managing partner to him and he had interest in buying the whole CPA firm for its accounts in 3 cities.

These naive lw's don't know about poaching and predatory hiring practices.

They covered everyone from CEOs to fast food workers, and apparently are used a lot in the healthcare industry where doctors and nurses are prevented from switching to new jobs within 200 miles.

Some of the restrictive contracts are for protection of proprietary information.

The Federal Trade Commission has proposed to issue a substantive rule that would ban all non-compete clauses in employment contracts by declaring them to be unfair methods of competition. The proposal has a fatal flaw—the FTC doesn’t have the power to issue substantive rules.

More applause for fascist mandates by LWs
They do have the authority. It is covered in 15 U.S.C. §§ 41-58.

Back