Genesis 22?

Lets see
Ephesians 2:8

For by grace (τῃ γαρ χαριτι [tēi gar chariti]). Explanatory reason. “By the grace” already mentioned in verse 5 and so with the article. Through faith (δια πιστεως [dia pisteōs]). This phrase he adds in repeating what he said in verse 5 to make it plainer. “Grace” is God’s part, “faith” ours. And that (και τουτο [kai touto]). Neuter, not feminine ταυτη [tautē], and so refers not to πιστις [pistis] (feminine) or to χαρις [charis] (feminine also), but to the act of being saved by grace conditioned on faith on our part. Paul shows that salvation does not have its source (ἐξ ὑμων [ex humōn], out of you) in men, but from God. Besides, it is God’s gift (δωρον [dōron]) and not the result of our work.

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Eph 2:8.

You have clearly misread his comment

he refutes you and he is a calvinist
We went through this, Tom.

The neuter pronoun also doesn't match the masculine noun "gift." Therefore, all 3 are are the gift.

Faith is the avenue or the instrument God uses to bring salvation to His people. God gives faith because of His grace and mercy, because He loves us (Ephesians 4—5). Faith comes from God in the form of a gift (Ephesians 2:8).[/i)

https://www.gotquestions.org/where-does-faith-come-from.html

MacArthur says it's a gift, Sproul says it's a gift, White says it's gift.

They all refute you.

And God says in Eph 2:8 He is the giver of the gift of faith, therefore, if ANYONE BELIEVES, it is because God gifted them with faith Eph 2:8.

Gifts can be refused. It's just the intention that makes it a gift. Of course the Ephesians accepted it.

A gift to God can be refused by God. …

Matthew 5:24
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Daniel refused the kings gifts. …

Daniel 5:17
Then Daniel answered and said before the king, **Let thy gifts be to thyself**, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation.

The gift is given to all but not accepted by all. …

Romans 5:18 (KJV) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the *free gift* came upon all men unto justification of life.

A gift accepted takes effect and saves. …

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Gifts can go unnoticed and untaken because of lack of knowledge. …

John 4:10 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto her, **If thou knewest the gift** of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

We went through this, Tom.

The neuter pronoun also doesn't match the masculine noun "gift." Therefore, all 3 are are the gift.

Faith is the avenue or the instrument God uses to bring salvation to His people. God gives faith because of His grace and mercy, because He loves us (Ephesians 4—5). Faith comes from God in the form of a gift (Ephesians 2:8).[/i)

https://www.gotquestions.org/where-does-faith-come-from.html

MacArthur says it's a gift, Sproul says it's a gift, White says it's gift.

They all refute you.
Sorry that is an assumption

When the genders do not match you do not take everything as the antecedent but you take an antecedent according to sense and that would be salvation.

Further you failed to address your false claim Robertson supported you. He did not

For by grace (τῃ γαρ χαριτι [tēi gar chariti]). Explanatory reason. “By the grace” already mentioned in verse 5 and so with the article. Through faith (δια πιστεως [dia pisteōs]). This phrase he adds in repeating what he said in verse 5 to make it plainer. “Grace” is God’s part, “faith” ours. And that (και τουτο [kai touto]). Neuter, not feminine ταυτη [tautē], and so refers not to πιστις [pistis] (feminine) or to χαρις [charis] (feminine also), but to the act of being saved by grace conditioned on faith on our part. Paul shows that salvation does not have its source (ἐξ ὑμων [ex humōn], out of you) in men, but from God. Besides, it is God’s gift (δωρον [dōron]) and not the result of our work.

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Eph 2:8.

You have clearly misread his comment as not only does he state faith is our part twice but he also states faith is the gift

he refutes you and he is a calvinist

how yoiu could have imagined he supported is quite incredible

again he refuted you

Now quoting a non-grammarian Calvinist such as Macarthur does nothing at all to refutes this Greek scholar

The same thing with you other Calvinist source

Greek scholars

The words, “through faith” speak of the instrument or means whereby the sinner avails himself of this salvation which God offers him in pure grace

Kenneth S. Wuest, Wuest’s Word Studies from the Greek New Testament: For the English Reader (vol. 4; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1997), 69.

Quoting Alford

Alford says: “It (the salvation) has been effected by grace and apprehended by faith.” The word “that” is touto (τουτο), “this,” a demonstrative pronoun in the neuter gender. The Greek word “faith” is feminine in gender and therefore touto (τουτο) could not refer to “faith.” It refers to the general idea of salvation in the immediate context.
The translation reads, “and this not out from you as a source, of God (it is) the gift.” That is, salvation is a gift of God. It does not find its source in man

Kenneth S. Wuest, Wuest’s Word Studies from the Greek New Testament: For the English Reader (vol. 4; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1997), 69.

Vincent

For by grace, etc. This may truly be called exceeding riches of grace, for ye are saved by grace. Grace has the article, the grace of God, in vv. 5, 7.

And that. Not faith, but the salvation.

Marvin Richardson Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament (vol. 3; New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1887), 376.

But above all that is scripture which shows

1 Salvation is the gift

Romans 6:23 (ESV) — 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Faith is man's responsibility

Acts 16:30–31 (ESV) — 30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

In the face of those two verses of scripture opinions of Calvinist theologians are not worth a hilh of beans

Gifts can be refused. It's just the intention that makes it a gift. Of course the Ephesians accepted it.

A gift to God can be refused by God. …

Matthew 5:24
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Daniel refused the kings gifts. …

Daniel 5:17
Then Daniel answered and said before the king, **Let thy gifts be to thyself**, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation.

The gift is given to all but not accepted by all. …

Romans 5:18 (KJV) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the *free gift* came upon all men unto justification of life.

A gift accepted takes effect and saves. …

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Gifts can go unnoticed and untaken because of lack of knowledge. …

John 4:10 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto her, **If thou knewest the gift** of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
A gift also isn't given to everyone.

It cannot and will not be refused by those God has determined will be saved.

Sorry that is an assumption

When the genders do not match you do not take everything as the antecedent but you take an antecedent according to sense and that would be salvation.

Further you failed to address your false claim Robertson supported you. He did not

You have clearly misread his comment as not only does he state faith is our part twice but he also states faith is the gift
I haven't misread anything, Tom I corrected a grammatical book that's almost 100 years old.

how yoiu could have imagined he supported is quite incredible
I explained that.

Now quoting a non-grammarian Calvinist such as Macarthur does nothing at all to refutes this Greek scholar
MacArthur minored Greek. Did you?

I know,Tom, only your sources should be believed. Got it.

The words, “through faith” speak of the instrument or means whereby the sinner avails himself of this salvation which God offers him in pure grace
I agree.

Quoting Alford

Alford says: “It (the salvation) has been effected by grace and apprehended by faith.” The word “that” is touto (τουτο), “this,” a demonstrative pronoun in the neuter gender. The Greek word “faith” is feminine in gender and therefore touto (τουτο) could not refer to “faith.” It refers to the general idea of salvation in the immediate context.
The translation reads, “and this not out from you as a source, of God (it is) the gift.” That is, salvation is a gift of God. It does not find its source in man
I disagree with that and explained why.

In the face of those two verses of scripture opinions of Calvinist theologians are not worth a hilh of beans
He said, shooting his quoted authorities, and their assertions, through the heart.

I'll save that quote from you, Tom and respobd with it in the future everytime you appeal to Calvinist authorities. ?

I haven't misread anything, Tom I corrected a grammatical book that's almost 100 years old.

You corrected a grammar book?

that is laughable as you know nothing about Greek

You could not even read Robertson grammar correctly

He refuted you

Is is so plain that it is absolutely ridiculous you imagine otherwise

I explained that.

No Howie you explained nothing he refuted you

Even Stevie wonder could have read the quote better than you did
MacArthur minored Greek. Did you?

Minored ?

LoL

Robertson is an expert source and he refutes you though a Calvinist

these other Greek scholars as well

Greek scholars

Quoting Alford

Vincent

For by grace, etc. This may truly be called exceeding riches of grace, for ye are saved by grace. Grace has the article, the grace of God, in vv. 5, 7.

And that. Not faith, but the salvation.

Marvin Richardson Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament (vol. 3; New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1887), 376.

But above all scripture refuted you

Scripture refuted you as well

1 Salvation is the gift

Romans 6:23 (ESV) — 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Acts 16:30–31 (ESV) — 30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

I know,Tom, only your sources should be believed. Got it.

Wake up noted experts of whom Macarthur is not in a league with state otherwise

but above all scripture refutes you

1 Salvation is the gift

I agree.

I disagree with that and explained why.

He said, shooting his quoted authorities, and their assertions, through the heart.

I'll save that quote from you, Tom and respobd with it in the future everytime you appeal to Calvinist authorities. ?
Save it all you like

Why do you pretend to hold to sola scriptura if you will not heed its word above all else

Sorry Howie your argument is quite enemic.

You corrected a grammar book?
It happens all the time in new edition updates. Word pictures is almost 100 years old, never updated, never reprinted to my knowledge.

that is laughable as you know nothing about Greek
Tom, please list my education, beginning with College.

I'm taking bets against my position that Tom knows NOTHING about my education beginning with College. Anyone want to bet that Tom knows all about my education, beginning with college?

@Theo1689
@Reformedguy
@Grace
@CookedGoose
@shroom
@SovereignGrace
@Sketo
@Kampioen

But scripturally whoever it is given to can refuse it. But I'm talking about presented scripture.
IOW, you believe the creature can thwart the will of God. Ok. That's all the more reason for me to reject all of your theology.

IOW, you believe the creature can thwart the will of God. Ok. That's all the more reason for me to reject all of your theology.
That FACT is what stops me cold. I do NOT believe I can thwart the will of God. And while I don't understand God's ways, I DO understand that His will is sovereign and all that that implies.

God's will/purpose includes compensation and retribution. So God's will is not thwarted. As far as us "thwarting" God's will with our libertarian free will, that option is God's prerogative. God wants it that way. So ultimately God is never thwarted.

Back